Peter King Writes Regarding Fitzpatrick

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz is a good fit right now. I don't see him as the long term solution though. I believe we need Andrew Luck. I believe him to be the answer at QB, but I don't think he's coming out and with the uncertainy of the 2011 season, I don't think it will happen. That being said. If He comes out you get him, if he doesn't go with Fitz and build your TRENCHES UP!!!!

I am hoping we move up enough to get Luck. I am starting to come around on Cam Newton and I like Ryan Mallett as well. Fitz is a guy to hang onto though

Chan has taken an AVERAGE QB in the NFL and made him legit. Just imagine what he can do with a legit QB with even more tools.

Just like he did with Maddox in Pittsburgh, Fiedler in Miami, and Thigpen in KC. Gailey knows how to coach up a QB.

for the sake of accuracy, this quote is off: They gave journeymen backups (Todd Collins, Alex Van Pelt, Kelly Holcomb) shots. They gave a Canadian League hero and breakfast-cereal entrepreneur (Doug Flutie) a try. They traded a first-round pick to acquire a promising backup (Rob Johnson). They traded a first-round pick to acquire a proven star (Drew Bledsoe). They used a pick in the first round (J.P. Losman) and third round (Trent Edwards) on college hotshots.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/10/brett-favre-ryan-fitzpatrick/index.html#ixzz17lKd2x12

Todd Collins, although soon to be a journeyman backup, was acquired as a college hotshot in the 2nd round.

Lets see how Fitz plays in the last 4 games of the season. Lets see how he stacks up against a tough Cleveland team in the elements that so define Buffalo. Lets see how Fitz plays against a second round of divisional opponents. The guy can play and I wouldn't mind the organization going with him but I would seriously consider taking Luck if he was there.

But if Luck isn't there just go with an impact defensive front 7 player and go from there. For all the Fitz haters out there just keep this in mind if Fitz throws for 1 TD a game in the last 4 games he will have 24 TD passes the most since Drew Bledsoe had 24 in 2002 AND if Fitz throws for 5 TD's over the next 4 games (Not at all impossible) he will have thrown for 25 TD passes the most for a Bills QB since Jim Kelly was under center.

Its going to be hard if Fitz finishes the season playing well to write off a guy who is going to throw for 23-25 TD's with a completion percentage around 60 and less then 15 INT's with a less then stellar supporting cast (An inconsistent running game and a O-line with questionable play ravaged by injury, and No tightend to throw to).

Give Fitz a improved O-line (Draft a RT and some depth), Find him a true tight end to throw to, and get the ground game going for him and you have a team that Fitz can take to the next level.

Luck is the only game changing QB out in the draft and its looking like even if we lose out (Which its not impossible for us to win a game or two down the stretch) we might not be in a position to draft Luck anyway.

Fitz IS NOT THE ANSWER!!!

Especially if Pete King is talking good about him.

Look what happened when King posted good remarks about Buffalo last week. The Bills got slaughtered.

If King's praise means bad omen, Manning and Brady would be struggiling to make an UFL roster.

1) We are not getting Luck,... Carolina is

2) Our D is horrible

3) We will draft a D linemen or and LB first

4) We can win with this guy

5) If we need to get a QB later Locker will be there.

6) I do like King, Smart, accurate, knows fb.

Edited by coldstorage5

1) We are not getting Luck,... Carolina is

2) Our D is horrible

3) We will draft a D linemen or and LB first

4) We can win with this guy

5) If we need to get a QB later Locker will be there.

6) I do like King, Smart, accurate, knows fb.

1) Carolina isn't pulling the plug on Claussen. Cowher will take over and draft a pass rusher. Cincy and Detroit won't be going QB either

2)Troup and Carrington will play more next year, allowing Williams some snaps at DE. We still need more help in the front 7, but this will help a lot.

3)Luck will drop to us. Particularly after we lose this week.

4)Really? How many games have we won with him? He is a servicable QB that Gailey has coached up. We need a playmaker at QB

5) So what. Don't want him.

I'll take "NFL defenses that can't stop the run" for 1000 Alex.

DING DING DING DING DING - Congratulations, you've hit the daily double!

Edit - LAME! I just saw the guy before me posted the same thing! :oops:

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

I have to admit I have always thought Fitzy was as far along as he was going to be, but I was wrong. What has amazed me the most about his season is despite not getting quality time through min camps and training camp, he was ready well the bell rang. He had a grasp of the offense and he has started 39 games in his career. 2.5 seasons is not a lot and there could be more improvement.

There is no one on this team that the final 4 games mean more too. I hope he plays well, he seems like a good guy and he could be around for 10 more years.

As for Mr. Luck when I watch him I find myself saying " That is what a QB should look like," he completely exposes the imposters from the past few drafts. It's like meeting sisters, the first one looks hot then you meet the other sister and you realize the first one was only avg.

1) Carolina isn't pulling the plug on Claussen. Cowher will take over and draft a pass rusher. Cincy and Detroit won't be going QB either

Really? Cuz Clausen has been lighting it up? I think people are beginning to realize there's a reason he fell so far in the draft.

Clausen:

101/200 attempts (barely over 50%) for 1,056 yards... 1 TD / 5 INTs in 6 starts; Sacked 19 times, Fumbled it 8 Times.

Compare that to McCoy:

81/127 (64%) for 975 yards 3TD/3Int in 5 starts; Sacked 15 times / Fumbled 0 times.

Or Bradford (although it's clear he's in a different league than these two).

268/442 (60%) for 2653 yards 17TD-10Int; 24 sacks; 3 Fumbles

Honestly, you know who Clausen's stats look the most like of all the starting QBs in the league? Derek Anderson (although Anderson's are better). I'm no NFL historian but if Cowher were to coach the Panthers don't you think he'd want to start fresh with a new QB given that he didn't win a super bowl until he had an elite QB (Roethlisberger).

3)Luck will drop to us. Particularly after we lose this week.

4)Really? How many games have we won with him? He is a servicable QB that Gailey has coached up. We need a playmaker at QB

I'll get back to #3 in a second but i'll answer your question #4. How many games has Fitz won for the Bills? This season 2. How many has Jimmy Clausen won for Carolina? Yes, that's right -- ZERO. So would Carolina want a bottom tier QB or would they want a "playmaker"? You don't hitch your wagon to a second round pick that can barely complete more than 50% of his passes. If Luck is there (i.e. he enters the draft) people are going to take him and most likely Carolina will take him because they are simply god-awful.

As for Fitz, I don't know. I love the story and in interviews he seems like a good guy, but is he an elite QB? probably not. We absolutely need help on Defense -- We get no pass rush and we get gashed in the running game. I would rather skip QB this year unless they are sold on Mallett or Locker (or Newton?).

Just my 2c.

Lets see how Fitz plays in the last 4 games of the season. Lets see how he stacks up against a tough Cleveland team in the elements that so define Buffalo. Lets see how Fitz plays against a second round of divisional opponents. The guy can play and I wouldn't mind the organization going with him but I would seriously consider taking Luck if he was there.

But if Luck isn't there just go with an impact defensive front 7 player and go from there. For all the Fitz haters out there just keep this in mind if Fitz throws for 1 TD a game in the last 4 games he will have 24 TD passes the most since Drew Bledsoe had 24 in 2002 AND if Fitz throws for 5 TD's over the next 4 games (Not at all impossible) he will have thrown for 25 TD passes the most for a Bills QB since Jim Kelly was under center.

Its going to be hard if Fitz finishes the season playing well to write off a guy who is going to throw for 23-25 TD's with a completion percentage around 60 and less then 15 INT's with a less then stellar supporting cast (An inconsistent running game and a O-line with questionable play ravaged by injury, and No tightend to throw to).

Give Fitz a improved O-line (Draft a RT and some depth), Find him a true tight end to throw to, and get the ground game going for him and you have a team that Fitz can take to the next level.

Luck is the only game changing QB out in the draft and its looking like even if we lose out (Which its not impossible for us to win a game or two down the stretch) we might not be in a position to draft Luck anyway.

How many game-winning TDs has he thrown? How many in "garbage time"? He still has a lot to prove.

You're right, because quarterback ISN'T THE QUESTION.

I would like to see what Fitz could do with the same time in the pocket that Brady gets.

What I saw at the Vikes game was a guy that didn't have any pocket to speak of...

of course the line was in shambles with the loss of Hang and Urbik. I don't expect too much

drop off at Center this week with Wood, but I am a bit concerned with the guys that will be manning the

right side of the line.

I think everyone expects a run-heavy game, and we just don't have the beef up

front on "D" to stop the run. Even after giving up 200+ yards in just about every

game (and I don't expect that to stop with the Browns) we still hear folks talking about

taking a QB with our early draft picks.

If this team could actually stop the run and

give Fitz 1-2 seconds more in the pocket, we would be tough to beat. Teams would then have to rely

on McKelvin fumbling the game away, or some other unlikey thing.