Redskins suspend Haynesworth for season

papazoid

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would Haynesworth do as a DE in our 3-4? I know he is an ass, but so is Shanahan. He could solidify our line and we can devote our offseason stocking up pass rushers and LBers

I'm not sure we wouldn't have the same problem with him here in Buffalo that the Redskins have now.

How would Haynesworth do as a DE in our 3-4? I know he is an ass, but so is Shanahan. He could solidify our line and we can devote our offseason stocking up pass rushers and LBers

You do understand why he's being such a difficult guy in this situation, right?

You do understand why he's being such a difficult guy in this situation, right?

because he wants to play DT in a 4-3 instead of a NT in a 3-4. Great reason. Glad Kyle Williams in complaining about the same thing and making about $80M less.

because he wants to play DT in a 4-3 instead of a NT in a 3-4. Great reason. Glad Kyle Williams in complaining about the same thing and making about $80M less.

I'm not saying it's a great reason, but I don't see why he'd be against the idea of playing NT in the Redskins' 3-4, but love the idea of coming to Buffalo and playing DE. That's just nonsense.

Actually the salient point is that the suspension is without pay.

It's insubordination:

"Coach Mike Shanahan says in a statement that Haynesworth “repeatedly refused to cooperate with our coaching staff in a variety of ways over an extended period of time.”

Shanahan says Haynesworth “consistently indicated” to defensive coaches that he wouldn’t play in certain defensive packages and refused to follow coaches’ instructions in practice and during games."

You have obviously not followed the Haynesworth saga. he's a player with enormous talent when he wants to use it, which isn't that often. he is a "me first" player who has no sense of team. He makes T. O. look like a real team first guy. You don't want this guy around if your smart.

Have you been following this story at ALL? Considering that it's been all over the news for a year im surprised you have no idea what you're talking about. The reason Haynesworth is acting like a baby in the first place is because he never wanted to play in the 34 system. He felt that he was lied to and feels that he wouldnt be able to be as effective in a 34 system. So why would he come to another 34 system after emphatically stating that he refuses to play in a 34 system in Washington?

Please keep the piece of sh*t Haynesworth as far away from my favorite sports team as possible.

It got to the point where his teammates wouldn't stick up for him anymore. There were whispers that he got drunk Thursday night (he admitted he had gone out) and that he was hungover on Friday (which he denies.) He claims that he was feeling ill. He was late for work…he didn't go into the team complex on his day off (I'm a union guy but for the money he makes and the workaholic culture of the NFL, that's a huge no-no).

Fought a teammate in college, and in the pros. Stomped on Gurode's head. Excessive speeding twice…the second time while on probation which resulted in the paralysis of the other car's driver.

I repeat, please keep the piece of sh*t Haynesworth as far away from my favorite sports team as possible.

say what you want about Shanahan, but this is ALL Haynesworth's fault.

It's very rare to see players turn on each other when it comes to situations like this, yet not one Redskin is sticking up for Haynesworth, and multiple player/leaders have ripped him in the media. London Fletcher was all over Fat Albert in the preseason. The latest comes this week from DE Phillip Daniels who basically tears Al a new one:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5891570

Have you been following this story at ALL? Considering that it's been all over the news for a year im surprised you have no idea what you're talking about. The reason Haynesworth is acting like a baby in the first place is because he never wanted to play in the 34 system. He felt that he was lied to and feels that he wouldnt be able to be as effective in a 34 system. So why would he come to another 34 system after emphatically stating that he refuses to play in a 34 system in Washington?

that is correct...he believes that he is most effective as an attacking/penetrating DT in a 4-3.....he likes to get after the QB. he does not like the Nose Tackle job of taking on two blockers and clogging up the middle to stop the run in a 3-4. Washington did change systems, he has the leverage because he got all that upfront money and he is using it. he will NOT be on Washington next year. his most likely landing spot is back with Tennessee.

Please keep the piece of sh*t Haynesworth as far away from my favorite sports team as possible.

It got to the point where his teammates wouldn't stick up for him anymore. There were whispers that he got drunk Thursday night (he admitted he had gone out) and that he was hungover on Friday (which he denies.) He claims that he was feeling ill. He was late for work…he didn't go into the team complex on his day off (I'm a union guy but for the money he makes and the workaholic culture of the NFL, that's a huge no-no).

Fought a teammate in college, and in the pros. Stomped on Gurode's head. Excessive speeding twice…the second time while on probation which resulted in the paralysis of the other car's driver.

I repeat, please keep the piece of sh*t Haynesworth as far away from my favorite sports team as possible.

The rumor I heard: out til 2/230 on Wednesday, leads to a lazy practice Thursday. Out late Thursday leads to him showing up smelling like booze Friday. Late to practice because team wanted to give him breathalyzer and he refused, union backed him, team made him inactive. Between the suspension and his teammates adamantly coming out against him on the record, it seems possible. He admits to being out til bars closed Wednesday but claims to have stopped drinking earlier. Says he went home from the bar early Thursday because he wasnt feeling well.