Now can we all agree that Fitz is not the guy.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The real reason for the loss in the game today was the OLine not being able to block at all. Fitz had no time to throw. I saw a game a few weeks ago where Peyton's Manning OLIne was getting killed too and he didn't look so good either. The Defense couldn't stop the Vikes for nothing. If you're defense can't do better than that you're not going to win. Then, the fumbles. Fitz had a couple. McIntyre and Leodis. Johnson's gotta stop dropping the ball. He did better today, but that one in the first half was a drive killer. We can't afford that.

So no, I'm not willing to say Fitz is not the man based on today's game. Fitz was not the reason we lost.

The real reason for the loss in the game today was the OLine not being able to block at all. Fitz had no time to throw. I saw a game a few weeks ago where Peyton's Manning OLIne was getting killed too and he didn't look so good either. The Defense couldn't stop the Vikes for nothing. If you're defense can't do better than that you're not going to win. Then, the fumbles. Fitz had a couple. McIntyre and Leodis. Johnson's gotta stop dropping the ball. He did better today, but that one in the first half was a drive killer. We can't afford that.

So no, I'm not willing to say Fitz is not the man based on today's game. Fitz was not the reason we lost.

+1. O-Line was a shambles today and we don't hsve enough depth to withstand the loss of 2 key O-Line players in a game. Our talent cupboard is pretty empty.

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

Sorry dreamers, but Luck will be the #1 overall pick and the Bills don't have a chance to get it.

Luck is a special talent and the extremely rare case that whoever picks #1 despite need will select him. That team will enjoy being a perennial competitor for championships in the middle and back half of the decade. I will definitely be jealous.

Fitz may not be the guy, but I find it interesting that there's a debate now - after Week 2, it was clear that our starting QB was NOT the guy. At least we're having a debate about whether the current QB is worthwhile. He was still trying late in the game. To me, it looked like everyone else had mailed it in.

Keep in mind that the OL was decimated with injuries by the 3rd quarter. I think there were 3 out of 5 guys that were new or playing a different position. The guys that had been in there were starting to gel and get it together over the past few games. Once you introduce a new (and less-talented) player into the mix, you get what we saw yesterday.

We're not the only team that needs a "franchise :sick: QB". Peyton Manning clearly cannot deliver when the games on the line and makes far too many game killing mistakes to carry suck a moniker. And did you guys see Joe Fucco last night? He fumbles the ball late in the fourth to give up the lead and then short hops an easy pass into the flat that would have secured a very makeable game tying FG. A couple of bums if you ask me.

Edited by Rob's House

EVERY draft has at least one franchise QB. Sometimes 2 or 3. And when these guys flop everyone gets amnesia. Oh look, here comes another one! Just saying.

The Bills will never have a franchise QB because we will never wait long enough to let one develop.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Of course I don't mean that. Just thought I'd put the topic out there because admit it - some of you are thinking it. IMHO no way you put todays debacle on Fitz.

Sounds like you're having an argument with yourself.

(Good a reason as any to start a thread, I guess.)

Edited by The Senator

Fitz is the guy. More important is that our trenches are the biggest weak spot on the team and we need quality offensive and defensive linemen and linebackers more than anything. Drafting a qb would be like drafting a running back when you have a crappy team except for two running backs....ohhhhhh.....

They weren't all that great against Pittsburgh. We're so used to awful that mediocre looks like brilliance.

Did you see the Steelers-Ravens games yesterday that the Steelers won 13-10? The Bills played pretty well last weekend and should have won the game, but again shot themselves in the foot.

Fitz is a likeable guy, a feel good story, and he's a "buffalo kind-a guy". but i dont think he is the long term answer as a franchise QB.

in my ideal world... we draft luck, let him sit a year. play fitz next year as starter while Luck prepares and learns, then in 2012 have an open competition and let Luck (hopefully) win the QB job then allow fitz to be the backup. sounds like a decent plan to me if we end up with the #1 overall pick :blush:

Fitz is the guy. He was under duress all day, had to throw off his back foot more often than not. Look what happens when Manning is in less than ideal situations. Not saying Fitz and Manning are equals.

Fitz is still our guy. End of story.

Did you see the Steelers-Ravens games yesterday that the Steelers won 13-10? The Bills played pretty well last weekend and should have won the game, but again shot themselves in the foot.

Nope...didn't see it..but I did see the Bills/Steelers game. I think the term "should have won the game" is a nice way of saying we lost. I stand by the position that the offensive line is the weakest part of the team which is an assessment based on pre-season and all of the games played so far.

If by some act to God Andrew Luck is available then grab him but I don't see that happening and grabbing the next best QB just because he is a QB makes no sense- think how miserable a team would have been if they took Clausen in the top 10 just because he was the next highest rated QB- there are some are some quality DEs and DTs around this year thats the way to go IMO.

Manning, Brady, heck even Elway in their prime would have had bad games getting hit and battered around as much as Fitz did yesterday. The coaching staff dropped the ball in this game as they should have put Brohm in in the 4th quarter when the game was out of reach to a.) see what he can do and b.) avoid the risk of Fitz getting killed.

Edited by Talley56

Sounds like you're having an argument with yourself.

(Good a reason as any to start a thread, I guess.)

Not at all. I think Fitz can be our starting QB for the next 10 years and will do a very good job of it with a good line in front of him. Hint, hint, to the FO - draft a line PLEASE.......

Back on task.. I know there are lots of people on this board who believe that (1) Fitz is a good backup but not a franchise QB , (2) Luck Lovers, or (3) both of the above.. Just thought I'd start a thread to hear from some of them. Who knows, maybe logic will win them over and add to the fan base at large supporting Fitz.. We all need to get behind this guy and cheer him on.....

I'm thinking Chan learned today that he needs more talent on the oline before any qb can perform well.

Chan is a supposed to be some QB and Offensive genius, and it took until yesterday's game to figure that out? If so he really was scraped from the bottom of the barrel.