Demetrius Bell

C-zone Umpa

Never before have I seen more postive attn given to a 2-9 team. A lot has come out of this season that we didn't expect. With Kyle Williams, Stevie Johnson, Freddy J, and Fitz getting the majority of the attn I think we all need to be pretty damn pleased with D-Bell. I may be wrong and cannot seem to find any stats online but I do not believe he has allowed a sack this year!! I think this is a huge step in the rebuilding process. As pessimistic as I was at the beginning of the year I must say that Buddy was right, we are not that far off! Go Bills!!

Never before have I seen more postive attn given to a 2-9 team. A lot has come out of this season that we didn't expect. With Kyle Williams, Stevie Johnson, Freddy J, and Fitz getting the majority of the attn I think we all need to be pretty damn pleased with D-Bell. I may be wrong and cannot seem to find any stats online but I do not believe he has allowed a sack this year!! I think this is a huge step in the rebuilding process. As pessimistic as I was at the beginning of the year I must say that Buddy was right, we are not that far off! Go Bills!!

Also consider the fact that the Bills don't have a TE on their roster that could block me, and as a result Bell isn't getting a whole lot of help out there. I'd like to see an extension and a healthy off-season for the guy.

They have some depth too. With this guy Urbik starting right now, looked OK last week, maybe the idea of him playing guard next year and moving Wood's to center isn't so bad, not thta Hang looked bad either. Howard and Wrotto at RT has looked OK, Wrotto maybe even better? Plus you have Wang learning as a rookie. They only have eight OL players on roster, teams often carry nine. Wouldn't mind seeing them use around a 3rd rounder on a LEFT tackle, let him learn as a rookie. Have him as a backup to Bell in case on injury, but also could use as a RT too if needed.

The one area I think they still could use some improvmernt on is run blocking. But I'd give them all another year of playing together, gaining experience, strength, etc, before I'd determine whether the present players have reached their potential there. Both Bell and Woods could use another off season to fully recover and strengthen themslves from last years injuries. That may help more in run blocking, adding some strength.

I think you're right. I remember Kevin Harlan mentioned this stat at the beginning of the Bills/Steelers game Sunday.

I think you're right. I remember Kevin Harlan mentioned this stat at the beginning of the Bills/Steelers game Sunday.

"Bell has not allowed a sack this season, by The News' count. He did well against inside power rushes from Chicago star Julius Peppers three weeks ago. He was sound against Detroit two weeks ago. But it's hard to make a definitive statement on his pass protection, because the Bills' offensive scheme has helped the pass protectors a lot."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article266393.ece

If the front office would draft the guys they are thinking about as 7th rounders and free agents in the first round, they'd look like geniuses!

Also consider the fact that the Bills don't have a TE on their roster that could block me, and as a result Bell isn't getting a whole lot of help out there. I'd like to see an extension and a healthy off-season for the guy.

They just signed a 6'7" 272 pound "TE". I'm thinking he can handle you, big guy.

With the exception of Green bringing in all of the O lineman that Nix has along with seeing something in D Bell that the fans apparently didn't i think the guy deserves an A+ fro what they have done .

The Bills have definitely made great strides in making the o line a cohesive unit , Urbik , Wrotto , & even the guy (which his name escapes me) to originally replace Green have all been decent moves . If they keep this up we may be ahead of schedule as far as getting back to the play offs !!

GO BILLS !!!!!!!

If the front office would draft the guys they are thinking about as 7th rounders and free agents in the first round, they'd look like geniuses!

Can I get an A-MEN!? :worthy:

You know, C-Zone, you are absolutely right.

Bell, just looking at his body build reminds me of Jason Peters. Similar size and athleticism. I really wish the Bills the best, and hope that 90% of their draft picks would be home-runs. Bell seems to have really turned it around, or is finally getting better.

He did not come from a football background, and I think he only played 2 seasons or so at the collegiate level prior to being brought in by Buffalo. But I've watched him for the past 5 games now, and he has looked really solid on his feet, immune to any power rush, and mobile.

Man, I hope he comes of age and helps solidify the position.

I am also impressed with Bell and his coaches for eliminating penalties. Folks here like to credit Fitz with reducing the sack totals, but IMO you can't credit Fitz for improving the focus and technique of the linemen, which seems to have improved exponentially from last year.

Getting rid of sloppy play was huge. Well-coached teams do not beat themselves. Really looking forward to next year.

I don't see how you can say that when we've changed the front office staff that makes those decisions.

really? spiller in the first round? we had and still have a lot of other areas of need and we picked a rb. i am terrified that we take aj green in the first round this year

he has looked really solid on his feet, immune to any power rush, and mobile.

Bell's got major agility and Rhodan-sized wingspan. He does occasionally get bulled, and I think it's more of a weakness for him than speed moves. Go back two games and you can see him getting pushed around by Michael Johnson, particularly in the first quarter (around the time Johnson got the helmet penalty on Fitz).

The News article about Bell from last Sat. has some quotes from Coach D'Alessandris about Demetrius' recovery this offseason and how he hasn't had much strength training. That could also be why he's further along on his pass game vs. run. Hopefully, a full, healthy offseason of work will take Bell to elite tackle levels. He's got the potential.

You think Modrak makes the draft picks? Really?

What, the Director of Scouting is actually supposed to scout the players we draft BEFORE we draft them and not just phone it in from Jacksonville?

really? spiller in the first round? we had and still have a lot of other areas of need and we picked a rb. i am terrified that we take aj green in the first round this year

Before you sour (oops, too late) on the Spiller pick, you need to sit back and revisit this pick in 3 years.

It's all part of the strategy. Kind of like when San Diego selected LT.....

Ralph himself is on record stating that we need some excitement on offense. As things have turned out, hiring Gailey seems to be doing more for creating exciting offense this year than Spiller.

Patience....

What, the Director of Scouting is actually supposed to scout the players we draft BEFORE we draft them and not just phone it in from Jacksonville?

Before you sour (oops, too late) on the Spiller pick, you need to sit back and revisit this pick in 3 years.

It's all part of the strategy. Kind of like when San Diego selected LT.....

Ralph himself is on record stating that we need some excitement on offense. As things have turned out, hiring Gailey seems to be doing more for creating exciting offense this year than Spiller.

Patience....

i get that but we could have used that pick or even traded back and picked up a rt and solidified our line or a def lineman or lb. i think it was buddy who said that he wanted a scat back.

Corey Mcintyre has blocked extremely well. They have been splitting him out wide sometimes and he was managing Harrison and Woodley pretty well. That's smart coaching.