MNF Football Observation

The Dean

Kinda sad that we are better than both of those teams...

True, but once the Bills get a MNF game on the schedule, it'll be against the Patriots, Jets, or Cowboys and they'll lose in some horrific, gut-wrenching fashion.

I'll stick with all 1:00 Sunday games for now, thank you.

Edited by BuffaloWings

True, but once the Bills get a MNF game on the schedule, it'll be against the Patriots, Jets, or Cowboys and they'll lose in some horrific, gut-wrenching fashion.

If the Bills continue to entertain like they have for the past seven weeks, the networks will definitely find a way to get them on primetime a couple of dates next season.

They're playing football that's fun to watch.

If the Bills continue to entertain like they have for the past seven weeks, the networks will definitely find a way to get them on primetime a couple of dates next season.

They're playing football that's fun to watch.

Agreed - and I was thinking that as I was typing my post. I can definitely see them getting one MNF game next year, but I'd prefer that it doesn't happen.

Edited by BuffaloWings

That game was so 'unwatchable' that I can't offer an opinion. My goodness, AZ came with nothing from the get go. I looked at the wife & said that Derek Anderson didnt' look as though he gave a rip about the game.

I couldn't believe they didn't pull him at the end.

Imagine what our record would be if we had to play the Seahawks, Cards, and Rams twice a year. Two teams tied for first in their division with losing records, meanwhile Buffalo has to deal with two teams tied for first in our division with a 9-2 record.

The year we played them and the 49ers each once (along with the AFC West chumps), we went 7-9 and Dick Jauron got an extension at 5-1 and before the team went into freefall.

That game was so 'unwatchable' that I can't offer an opinion. My goodness, AZ came with nothing from the get go. I looked at the wife & said that Derek Anderson didnt' look as though he gave a rip about the game.

I kept watching Anderson, thinking to myself, "The last time a I saw a quarterback look so good in one place and so bad in another, the Bills coughed up a first and a fourth."

If he was on the Bills, he would be looking for a job today. Truly pathetic game yesterday.

He was locking on to his receivers from the snap. The 49er defenders were all over every pass he made and the only ones he completed were when a guy was either WIDE open or they made a great play on a ball and saved an interception. Remind you of anybody? Also yes, I believe Gruden may have had some juice :D

And the Bills are doing a mighty fine job losing in gut-wrenching fashion in the 1:00pm time slot as well!

I kept watching Anderson, thinking to myself, "The last time a I saw a quarterback look so good in one place and so bad in another, the Bills coughed up a first and a fourth."

So true. Unfortunately when Arizona leapfrogs the Bills for draft position, we will have two teams (Panthers and Cards) ahead of us needing franchise QB's. Although I have to say, I am very happy with Fitz now and beyond. No way a rookie comes in and can do what Fitz can do now.

Imagine what our record would be if we had to play the Seahawks, Cards, and Rams twice a year. Two teams tied for first in their division with losing records, meanwhile Buffalo has to deal with two teams tied for first in our division with a 9-2 record.

Just asked Gil Brandt the very same question on his live chat. I realize that the NFL wants to maintain the tradition and rivalries that exist in divisions, but how long does the AFC East have to be one of the best divisions in the NFL and the NFC West one of the worst.

While people will argue that the Cardinals were just recently in the Super Bowl, they are missing the point, as it's the overall division that's weak.

Just asked Gil Brandt the very same question on his live chat. I realize that the NFL wants to maintain the tradition and rivalries that exist in divisions, but how long does the AFC East have to be one of the best divisions in the NFL and the NFC West one of the worst.

While people will argue that the Cardinals were just recently in the Super Bowl, they are missing the point, as it's the overall division that's weak.

I very much dislike when huge decisions are made based on one snapshot in time. Yes- the NFC West blows today and probably next year...but in 3-4 years they could have a couple dominant teams. The league is too fluid to say break up the NFC West now because they stink. In a couple years the AFC East might be much weaker.

I very much dislike when huge decisions are made based on one snapshot in time. Yes- the NFC West blows today and probably next year...but in 3-4 years they could have a couple dominant teams. The league is too fluid to say break up the NFC West now because they stink. In a couple years the AFC East might be much weaker.

It really isn't just based off of this year though. The 49ers have sucked since 2002. The Rams have sucked since 2003. And aside from last year and their great run, the Cardinals have been perennially terrible.

49ers - 0 winning seasons over last 8 years.

Cardinals - 3 winning seasons in 25 years

Rams - 0 winning seasons over last 7 years.

The Seahawks are the only team that doesn't go through prolonged periods of non-winning seasons....and the main reason for this is that someone needs to win the divisional games.

Since the four-division NFC was created in 2002, the Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers, Arizona Cardinals and St. Louis Rams have won just 37.5 percent of their games against non-divisional opponents. Does an 8 year period really count as one snapshot??