(OT) A Few Good BEER Jokes

R. Rich

if you're doing the low carb thing, beer is the least of your worries.

One soda (ONE) contains 40 grams of carbs.

A full up Budweiser contains 10.

A Bud light, 6.6

A Miller GD, 13.1

Miller Light, 3.2

Michelob 13.3

Michelob light 11.7

Michelob Ultra 2.6

Now for me, I'll take a Miller Light ANY day of the week over a Mich Ultra, which to me, doesn't even really taste like beer. (and Im not a beer snob - i like Miller Light). Anyway, to me, this whole "low carb beer" fad is ridiculous.

Michelob Ultra is not all that to me.  My brother really likes it, but I think it's average at best.  I'd rather have a Yuengling or a Killian's Red.

155124[/snapback]

Have you tried the Chimay yet?

You got that right.  Ken hates me for that one.  :P

155193[/snapback]

I don't think that hate is the right word. :P

Fortunately, I found a place about 30 minutes away that sells the stuff (and in BIG bottles, too).

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

-Benjamin Franklin

"The easiest way to spot a wanker in a pub is to look around and find who's drinking a Corona with a slice of lemon in the neck."

-Warwick Franks

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

-Ernest Hemmingway

"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer."

-Homer Simpson

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

-Frank Sinatra

"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

-Oscar Wilde

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

-Henny Youngman

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

You guys are lucky, NC has a 6% alcohol limit on beer sold in stores so there is no Chimay to be found here  :P .  I usually stock up at Premier Gourmet when I make it back to Buffalo.

155224[/snapback]

What the hell kind of pansy-assed state limits alcohol content in beer?

Well, I guess it is better than Milwaukee. You cannot buy beer in convenience stores after 9PM there. You need to go to a bar if you want to drink.

Well, I guess it is better than Milwaukee. You cannot buy beer in convenience stores after 9PM there. You need to go to a bar if you want to drink.

155235[/snapback]

It could be worse. He could live in a state that doesn't permit the sale of alcohol in stores and has state controlled places to buy alcohol.

It could be worse.  He could live in a state that doesn't permit the sale of alcohol in stores and has state controlled places to buy alcohol.

155244[/snapback]

Who would live in a screwed up state like that? :P

155235[/snapback]

There are only 4 other states besides NC. I may not have moved here had I known about this law beforehand. Give me a 9.25% sales tax anyday rather than limiting my beer choices! We are working on getting it lifted though:

http://www.popthecap.org/

Earlier in the year I did my best at recreating Chimay myself. I cultured the yeast from the bottom of a Chimay bottle and used it for brewing up my own batch. It turned out great but nothing beats the original.

HAHA..do you guys have Natty Light? Bud makes that. In college that's all we drank. $3 for a 6-pack!

155165[/snapback]

Gotcha beat there. While at college in Rochester, we'd get a beer called Fort Schuyler at Wegmans. 99 cents a six pack. The only way to drink it was doing shots or playing Nuclear Backgammon.

There are only 4 other states besides NC.  I may not have moved here had I known about this law beforehand.  Give me a 9.25% sales tax anyday rather than limiting my beer choices!  We are working on getting it lifted though:

http://www.popthecap.org/

Earlier in the year I did my best at recreating Chimay myself.  I cultured the yeast from the bottom of a Chimay bottle and used it for brewing up my own batch.  It turned out great but nothing beats the original.

155256[/snapback]

I read somewhere that the area that Chimay is brewed is the only place in the world that has naturally occurring yeast in the air.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: politicians for limiting the alcohol level on beer. What a bunch of losers.

I read somewhere that the area that Chimay is brewed is the only place in the world that has naturally occurring yeast in the air. 

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  politicians for limiting the alcohol level on beer.  What a bunch of losers.

155293[/snapback]

Don't blame the politicians. Blame the beer lobby for not trying hard enough.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  politicians for limiting the alcohol level on beer.  What a bunch of losers.

155293[/snapback]

Indeed. The politicians are probably too stupid to realize that they are contributing to the obesity problem in making people drink 15 beers to get shitfaced instead of just 8.

Budweiser

Bud Light

Bud Dry

Bud Ice

155064[/snapback]

Hey, Rich do they still have National Bohemian up your way? Used drink that stuff all the time years ago because it was cheap. But I haven't seen it in quite some time now.

Hey, Rich do they still have National Bohemian up your way?  Used drink that stuff all the time years ago because it was cheap. But I haven't seen it in quite some time now.

155339[/snapback]

I'm not sure, JinVA, but I'll check it out for you.

155293[/snapback]

There are wild yeasts strains everywhere in the air, but Belgium is the only place where brewers use it to ferment their beer. Chimay's are fermented with pure strains. Belgian lambics are spontaneously fermented. Cantillon and Lindemans Frambiose are two examples of lambic you can probably pick up at a specialty store. It's different, but wonderful stuff.

Lambics

There are wild yeasts strains everywhere in the air, but Belgium is the only place where brewers use it to ferment their beer.  Chimay's are fermented with pure strains.  Belgian lambics are spontaneously fermented.  Cantillon and Lindemans Frambiose are two examples of lambic you can probably pick up at a specialty store.  It's different, but wonderful stuff.

Lambics

155374[/snapback]

Lindemans is pretty good. I have not had Cantillon.

There are wild yeasts strains everywhere in the air, but Belgium is the only place where brewers use it to ferment their beer.  Chimay's are fermented with pure strains.  Belgian lambics are spontaneously fermented.  Cantillon and Lindemans Frambiose are two examples of lambic you can probably pick up at a specialty store.  It's different, but wonderful stuff.

Lambics

155374[/snapback]

Cool. Thanks for the info.