[closed]"The Drop"

aussiew

Thoughout history in the NFL there have been many recognizable words and "one liners" that immedately remind a football fan of a specific event or game.

In the Buffalo sports world we have those special sayings that are specific to events that brought either heartbreak or joy to the locals and had impact on the outcome of the game.

I'm thinking of "wide right", "lost helmet", "no goal" "forward lateral", "the comeback", among others.

Now, for just a few short weeks we will have another saying here at TBD that will live in our hearts and remind us of the game in which we almost showed the Steelers how much heart (and guts) my beloved Bills team really has.

"THE DROP"

(learn from it Stevie....we are a community of 2nd chances....you'll catch that throw against the Vikes next week)

Agreed. Exactly why it won't last very long in our memory.

But I have to base my comments on what my heart was feeling yesterday while watching the game. Both my ex husbands are Steelers fans - so this one was more personal.

:wallbash:

In order for an event to last in memory there had to be grave consequences. Going 2-9 instead of 3-8 does not rank with losing a Super Bowl, a Stanley Cup or an AFC playoff game. It sucks. We'll get over it. We always do.

PTR

indeed...at the point that it happened, it was "dire"...now it's more like "BFD"...in the grand scheme of things it may have kept us in the top 5 draft pick lottery, just like the other 2 OT games we lost, or a few other games we should have had...sure it was dramatic, but really it's no big deal.

Sorry, but Ronnie Harmon already claimed it.

Exactly

In order for an event to last in memory there had to be grave consequences. Going 2-9 instead of 3-8 does not rank with losing a Super Bowl, a Stanley Cup or an AFC playoff game. It sucks. We'll get over it. We always do.

PTR

Exactly

I'm sure Andre Reed dropped a pass in 1986.

Big Picture, this wasn't a big deal.

And a Bill fan should hope that this is a great learning experience for Stevie for the time when the Bills are in meaningful games again.

Edited by Why So Serious?

YOU DO!

MAYBE WE SHOULD CHUG ON OVER TO MAMBY PAMBY LAND AND MAYBE WE CAN FIND SOME WIDE RECEIVERS THAT NEVER DROP BALLS FOR YOU - YOU JACK WAGON!

Tissue? [throws the box out of reach from the Bills fan]

You cry baby!

Edited by damj

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.