Is there a worse TV Analyst than ...

VirginiaMike

Wilcotts makes me wonder if diction is any kind of requirement for NFL football announcers.

"The Bee-ohs are having trubbo defending up the middo, but they're starting to setto down now. They held Antoine Rando Ayo to no gain. Nice tacko.".

Diction! Are you kidding? Never mind Solomon, the best is when the halftime guys hand a clip off to Shannon Sharpe and we get to hear HIM try to speak.

I would love to hear any analyst or announcer actually call a game like Van Miller ...let us know who came in and who went out. ...wouldn't you like to know if your fantasy player is in the game? ...who is split wide to the left or right, ...that the backs are under set in a specific formation ...that the defense is playing 6, 7 or 8 in a box ...who is doubled up ...who is on the strong side, etc.

Wouldn't you love it if Rick Jeanneret was calling football. He would have had us wetting our pants when Stevie dropped the big one.

Instead they regurgitate useless information (i.e. - the last time they completed a 2 and 26 was on December 12, 1948) They constantly run their mouths about anything but the play on the field and then all they do is kiss some pro's @ss and laugh at each other's senseless jokes. they act as id they had intimate insight into the player. IMO Al Michaels is the worst, he has such intense man love for "Ben" that he was always giving him a verbal you know what. Until Ben raped someone, then Al had to talk about someone else for a quarter, but Al quickly forgave him and has rekindled the love affair.

I could not stand John Madden who called the game as if you had never seen it played before. I abhor Al Michaels and that old shmuck college announcer Brent Muffburger.

I cannot wait for the cameras to switch to the booth at the perfect moment and catch Joe Buck and Troy Aikman with their tongues halfway down each other's throat. They make me ill. I truly think they sit in the booth holding one another.

I am not completely negative, I liked Summerall, Meredith, Van Miller and Cosell. I loved Howard Cosell especially when he was drinking on Monday night.

Is there a worse TV Analyst than Soloman Wilcots. When I listen to him it drives me nuts. Whatever occurred in the last 3 minutes is what he says is happening the entire game. Bad short term memory I guess. He does not accurately describe what is happening and every once in a while he throws some obscure coaching term into the discussion in order to try to make him sound like he knows something.

I fully agree. He was terrible. Aside from the fact that he cannot pronounce the team name (Bee-ows) . . . <_<

Did anyone else hear him giggling with glee when Palamaulu (sp?) intercepted that goal line pass with 2+ minutes to go? :angry:

Edited by Fatty McButterpants

Is there a worse TV Analyst than Soloman Wilcots. When I listen to him it drives me nuts. Whatever occurred in the last 3 minutes is what he says is happening the entire game. Bad short term memory I guess. He does not accurately describe what is happening and every once in a while he throws some obscure coaching term into the discussion in order to try to make him sound like he knows something.

I find most of them sub-par. They're all "Masters of the Obvious," reliant on the same tired, tired cliches (I think if I hear "He's takin' it to the house" one more time I just might lose what's left of my mind. Where is this house? Does it have a porch? Is he going to jump through a window? Is Mama home?).

I'd like to see them go with a single announcer in the booth. That would separate the men from the clones.

Stuart Scott, hands down the most obnoxious pile in sports today. Represents everything that is the brain-numbing circle jerk that football analysis has become . Spends most of his air time cramming obscure, meaningless statistics down the viewer's throat and presents them as if they are a titanic moment in the history of sport. Example: "Did you know this was the first time IN NFL HISTORY that a quarterback threw for 300 yards, ran for 50, threw two touchdowns, threw less than two interceptions, fumbled only once, threw five passes of more than 30 yards, got sacked less than twice, came back from a 14 point deficit with less than 12 minutes remaining, had fish tacos for lunch, and did it all in merino wool socks?"

My BAD list, past and present:

Phil Simms - always seems to question plays if they are obvious or not on the replay

Dan Dierdorf - makes outrageous statements several times during any game he does

Pat Summerall - bores me to tears with his drawn out, monotone delivery

Joe Theismann - tries to be controversial with his opinions, and comes out arrogant

Matt Millen - poor analysis and tendency to favor certain teams

Tony Kornheiser - just flat out bad on all counts

Todd Christensen - the worst of all time; judgemental, whining delivery, forever questioning half the play calls- fingers on a chalk board to me.