Terrence McGee

Estro

Mr Brittle hurt again, I'd expect him to be on IR by the beginning of next week. You have to start to wonder how many productive seasons McGee has left in him. He has not been able to stay healthy the last couple of seasons and he's aging. I was a big fan of McGee, but always thought we made a mistake by giving him the extension over Greer. While Greer, misses time too, I just thought the fact that he was younger made him the better choice for an extension. What do you guys think?

Mr Brittle hurt again, I'd expect him to be on IR by the beginning of next week. You have to start to wonder how many productive seasons McGee has left in him. He has not been able to stay healthy the last couple of seasons and he's aging. I was a big fan of McGee, but always thought we made a mistake by giving him the extension over Greer. While Greer, misses time too, I just thought the fact that he was younger made him the better choice for an extension. What do you guys think?

Link?

I just said the other day that we need to think about Mcgee getting healthy & trading him for a draft pick & i got slammed . I said the same thing the guy has been hurt most of the last two years .

I also said although he is a good player while he's on the field he's hardly ever on the field so wouldn't it make sense to use that roster spot in some fashion other than a hurt player but in true BB fans form they slammed me . GO FIGURE !!!!

According to buffalobills.com. Hurt his knee and walked to the tunnel where a cart waited to drive him to the lockerroom. Walked off with a noticable limp. He can't seem to shake these recurring knee injuries, which is a concern. I thought he polled injured vs. the Bengals as he was unusually slow in coverage.

Edited by Estro

McGee appears to be having issues with injuries now. I wouldn't call him "Mr. Brittle" (That would be James Hardy). This is McGee's 8th season, and he's probably on the downside of his career.

Should have re-signed Greer and let McGee walk. And that is NOT hindsight.

I was on that boat too.

A lack of foresight. A D minded coach that still couldn't choose the better player. I'm happy for Jabari, though. He got a ring.

Consider his letting JG sit on the bench, he still kept drafting replacements instead of playing the best player and sticking with him instead being concerned w/ draft status and it is no big surprise JG walked.

McGee appears to be having issues with injuries now. I wouldn't call him "Mr. Brittle" (That would be James Hardy). This is McGee's 8th season, and he's probably on the downside of his career.

McGee got banged up pretty good last year and hasn't been able to fully recover this year. Sadly, those calling out his demise may well be right. He's

a definite question mark now as to where his career is going. Yet, I remember McGee as a much better than average CB in his prime, who was (in his youth) an electrifying KR. It's always sad to see a players body break down near the end of their careers.

While I hope he can eventually shake his knee problems, and have a few more quality years left, this could be the last year we have Terrence McGee.

Sorry, but to me it's hard to criticize a guy for getting hurt. At the time, McGee was the better player.

Anytime a player is returning kicks or punts, he's going to have a greater chance for injury. It says a lot about a guy who's willing to do that as a starter, because most guys don't want to do it.

Sorry, but to me it's hard to criticize a guy for getting hurt. At the time, McGee was the better player.

Anytime a player is returning kicks or punts, he's going to have a greater chance for injury. It says a lot about a guy who's willing to do that as a starter, because most guys don't want to do it.

The problem is that he was battling nagging injuries for a year or so when we decided to resign him and let JG walk.why is it so hard to realize this guy had injury issues even back then (many of us here in this board even saw that) yet the "professionals" at OBD couldn't see it? We should have traded McGee then, when he had some value (even if for a 4-5th) round pick and resigned Greer. Instead we got an injury prone, over the hill CB and let a younger CB with potential walk for nothing and not compensated for it. It's not hindsight, it's common sense and the Bills org. failed on this one.

Been a great player for the Bills whose body is starting to fail. It happens to almost every player sooner or later.

Guess it's time to see if there are any CBs worthy of a #3 overall pick! :thumbsup::devil:

I'd say try and pick up a decent FA corner or maybe use the 4th we got for Lynch on one. Of course we need depth, but I actually like McKelvin and Florance along with Corner. If we keep McGee in a limited role (so he's not so banged up) and pick up another in FA or draft we MIGHT be ok.