C. Green waived?

TPS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The RT they jettisoned in a cynical salary-dump at the beginning of last season should still have been on the roster. Or they could've drafted one. Or they could've traded for Jamaal Brown. Or they could've signed Flozell Adams, who was manning the position very well for the Steelers before his injury. But go on.

I don't believe Jamaal Brown is fair to lump into your other options as a contract extension was necessary and it's unlikely he would have been willing to do that with Buffalo. Also, Flozell was released well after Green was signed, and would you choose Buffalo or Pittsburgh? So I guess all you can really say is that an unhappy Langston Walker should have still been on the team.

They should waive the personnel evaluator who recommended signing him. I'm serious. How does that person continue to collect a paycheck? What possibly could qualify as "failure" within OBD enough to warrant termination?

Apparently back-to-back 7-9 seasons.

I hear Shawn Merriman isn't far behind him. Maybe we can promote our young practice squad guys like Roosevelt and give him a 6 week try out to see if we have anything there.

I hear Shawn Merriman isn't far behind him. Maybe we can promote our young practice squad guys like Roosevelt and give him a 6 week try out to see if we have anything there.

What?

What?

I don't believe Jamaal Brown is fair to lump into your other options as a contract extension was necessary and it's unlikely he would have been willing to do that with Buffalo. Also, Flozell was released well after Green was signed, and would you choose Buffalo or Pittsburgh? So I guess all you can really say is that an unhappy Langston Walker should have still been on the team.

Jamaal Brown had very little leverage in his contract negotiations, and I cannot understand why so many rabid OBD defenders insist that players won't sign here. Yes, they will, if you pay them. Same with Flozell - and he visited Buffalo, actually. And there were plenty of other options out there as well.

Look, I'm not down on the team. I don't even know why it's disputed, but it is: the Bills went into this season with NO FREAKIN' PLAN at right tackle. The fact that they were able (forced) to grab Wrotto off of the street and make him the starter is either dumb luck, or just dumb. It's indicative of a poor plan.

They should waive the personnel evaluator who recommended signing him. I'm serious. How does that person continue to collect a paycheck? What possibly could qualify as "failure" within OBD enough to warrant termination?

This signing was the brainchild of Buddy Nix and new pro personnel director Whaley.

Hey - the Bills needed depth at the position, gave CG a shot, he didn't work out, they waived him. Green's not the reason the team is 2-8 right now, and waiving him says the Bills are committed to pruning the dead branches from the tree. (Albeit ever-so-slowly.)

Fair enough, but it was a move that definitely reflects poorly on the front office.

Makes me less confident about extensions for Stevie and Fitz.

Sure there will be roscoe will be gone next year. Leodis will handle the PR duties, and Roosevelt or a Draft pick like Aj Green will be catching those passes.

Roscoe is signed through 2011...Gailey loves him, he's one of the best Punt Returners in the NFL, and he was making Plays at WR (career high in yards in only 8 Games) before he got hurt...Why will he be gone next year? Especially considering he's not too expensive... B-)

This signing was the brainchild of Buddy Nix and new pro personnel director Whaley.

Then it's indicative of a potential flaw in pro personnel evaluation. Sorry, but it is. Others include:

1) Thinking Kelsay could make the transition to OLB in a 3-4 (and then extending him, before they officially switched back to the 4-3/hybrid)

2) Thinking Steve Johnson was not a legit 1/2 WR (Gailey has said he got "bad information" about Stevie J, and, as I said elsewhere, we have it here on pretty good authority that the Bills were aggressively trying to trade back into RD1 to select Damaryus Thomas)

3) Letting Incognito (and perhaps Scott) walk

4) Trent?

5) Not trading for, drafting or signing an NFL-caliber tight end when there were some out there this offseason (Scheffler, possibly Olsen, others)

They've done a lot of good things to turn this team around, I think. But I'm not yet convinced that the right guys are running the show - sorry, I'm not. Not saying everything they do sucks. But there were some bad moves made, and not made, this past offseason and I hope the trend doesn't continue.

So I guess all you can really say is that an unhappy Langston Walker should have still been on the team.

Well...He was only unhappy because of the dumb move to LT...Unless there was something else I'm not aware of...And even unhappy he sure as hell was a lot better than anything they've had a RT since...I'll never understand that move... B-)

Well...He was only unhappy because of the dumb move to LT...Unless there was something else I'm not aware of...And even unhappy he sure as hell was a lot better than anything they've had a RT since...I'll never understand that move... B-)

And please count me as one who thinks that Walker was sub-par.

Yeah, I actually thought Langston was a decent RT. It was DJ who canned him at the beginning of last season because he was overpriced to play out of position at LT. Gotta love DJs decision making process, :wallbash:

The RT they jettisoned in a cynical salary-dump at the beginning of last season should still have been on the roster. Or they could've drafted one. Or they could've traded for Jamaal Brown. Or they could've signed Flozell Adams, who was manning the position very well for the Steelers before his injury. But go on.

Or you can get out of the past unless you have found some miraculous way to change it. BTW, Jamaal Brown is not doing so hot. The Skins Oline takes more heat than the Bills line these days. And the RT they have playing now are doing okay.

Or you can get out of the past unless you have found some miraculous way to change it. BTW, Jamaal Brown is not doing so hot. The Skins Oline takes more heat than the Bills line these days. And the RT they have playing now are doing okay.

"Get out of the past." Another oft-repeated mantra of the OBD fanboys. My concern is that the past is repeating itself, friend-o. And J Brown is a helluva lot better than what we've been lining up out there.