Gailey Press Conference

Jerry Jabber

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-Postgame-Press-Conference/93669900-98dc-42c2-9cb2-d5bffb5e0417

My favorite quote from Cooter is: "We don't have a lot of superstars...primadonnas", that was great. IMO, he was definitely taking a jab at T.O. with that. While I do respect T.O. and his classy comments towards the Bills & us fans, it was nice to see him get shut down in the 2nd half, especially after he was trash-mouthing our secondary.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-Postgame-Press-Conference/93669900-98dc-42c2-9cb2-d5bffb5e0417

My favorite quote from Cooter is: "We don't have a lot of superstars...primadonnas", that was great. IMO, he was definitely taking a jab at T.O. with that. While I do respect T.O. and his classy comments towards the Bills & us fans, it was nice to see him get shut down in the 2nd half, especially after he was trash-mouthing our secondary.

Anyone catch what TO was yelling into the camera, after his td? I couldn't make it all out, but I am pretty sure, at some point, he was saying "they didn't want me", I would suppose, referring to the Bills.

I'm not convinced that Chan was referring to T.O. in those comments. Frankly, I'm not sure he even thinks about opponents in that way. I think he was trying to make the point that he's trying to build a unit that considers itself a "team" with no distractions such as superstars or prima donnas and that a team will beat talent more often than not.

Could have easily been talking about the declining Dallas Cowboys he coached in his first go round. That could not have been an easy group to coach. Maybe the worst. Aging superstars with big bank accounts whose best football was behind them and played under the direction of other coaches.

It is funny TO is kind of having the same season he had here last year in so far as team chemistry. Taking plays away from other players and blowing big catches at the wrong time. I respect him (and like him, always did) and understand he is HOF material but SJ and others stepping up is better for us.

It is funny TO is kind of having the same season he had here last year in so far as team chemistry. Taking plays away from other players and blowing big catches at the wrong time. I respect him (and like him, always did) and understand he is HOF material but SJ and others stepping up is better for us.

I agree, Stevie Johnson would have never got this opportunity if TO was still on the team. Also, Donald Jones had a great game in the slot. The Bills have a former 7th rounder and two UDFA WR's playing well this season. If Jauron was still here, Hardy would still be here and Jones and/or D. Nelson would have been cut.

I agree, Stevie Johnson would have never got this opportunity if TO was still on the team. Also, Donald Jones had a great game in the slot. The Bills have a former 7th rounder and two UDFA WR's playing well this season. If Jauron was still here, Hardy would still be here and Jones and/or D. Nelson would have been cut.

And don't forget a 7th Rd QB, Undrafted RB, 7th Rd LT, Undrafted RG are also starting....It is also a poor reflection on how our drafts have gone over the past decade.

Like last year, TO isn't the reason his team is losing. And it goes to show you the dysfuntion on offense last year, when TO can match his 2009 season totals in half a season in Cincy.

As for the trash-talking, it's no different than Fitz wanting to find Linehan after the Lions game and wanting to show the Bengals something. But good for the Bills' defense for shutting him down.

And don't forget a 7th Rd QB, Undrafted RB, 7th Rd LT, Undrafted RG are also starting....It is also a poor reflection on how our drafts have gone over the past decade.

But credit to Gailey and staff for making it work. Fewell did the same sort of thing with a bunch of undersized defenders. I know longer term the switch had to be made but you wonder where this team might have been with Fewell as HC and Gailey as OC. Doesn't matter because it looks like things may be headed in the right direction.

But credit to Gailey and staff for making it work. Fewell did the same sort of thing with a bunch of undersized defenders. I know longer term the switch had to be made but you wonder where this team might have been with Fewell as HC and Gailey as OC. Doesn't matter because it looks like things may be headed in the right direction.

I agree, I wish Fewell was still with the Bills in some capacity (whether it was HC or DC).

I'm just wondering why most of our late round picks & UDFA's have been gems and our early round picks have been busts? IMO, I think it was either Ralph's choices or the coach at the time.

I don't care where our players are drafted. Give me a team full of UDFAs if we win.

PTR

I don't care where our players are drafted. Give me a team full of UDFAs if we win.

PTR

Exactly!! That's why I like Cooter (Gailey) so much, he's playing the better player, no matter where they were drafted. Jauron always played the veteran or the higher draft pick, even though there were better players on the bench. It took injuries to get Fred Jackson & Jabari Greer on the field.

If you listen to Stevie Johnson's interviews he is always throwing all the credit on how Fitz is just finding a place to put the ball for him to make a play. I think it is time to recognize that these WR's a benefiting greatly from Fitz's play in this offense. If TE is still in there, Johnson is still a nobody.

If you listen to Stevie Johnson's interviews he is always throwing all the credit on how Fitz is just finding a place to put the ball for him to make a play. I think it is time to recognize that these WR's a benefiting greatly from Fitz's play in this offense. If TE is still in there, Johnson is still a nobody.

Well, this is kinda football 101 and should go without saying. I guess that the Bills have been without a QB for so long that we all forgot.

Before anything else, you need a QB who is willing to throw the ball. Sometimes he has to throw it to a spot. Sometimes he has to throw it between coverage. That's all Fitz is doing, is playing the position of QB as he is supposed to. I'll take the 1 or 2 INTs each game that result from him trying to make things happen.

Get the ball out of the QB's hand and into the WR's and "surprisingly" we have a real NFL offense! :thumbsup:

PTR

Can I get an AMEN? :worthy:

AMEN!!

I dont care where our players were drafted. If we add 10 guys to the team in April, and 5 of them end up as productive contributers (with 1 or 2 ending up as "stars") then what does it matter if they were a 1st round pick, or a UDFA?!?

The entire draft is a crap shoot. No team ends up hitting on 100% of their picks.

Well, this is kinda football 101 and should go without saying. I guess that the Bills have been without a QB for so long that we all forgot.

Before anything else, you need a QB who is willing to throw the ball. Sometimes he has to throw it to a spot. Sometimes he has to throw it between coverage. That's all Fitz is doing, is playing the position of QB as he is supposed to. I'll take the 1 or 2 INTs each game that result from him trying to make things happen.

Get the ball out of the QB's hand and into the WR's and "surprisingly" we have a real NFL offense! :thumbsup:

I'm glad it took only 2 games for Cooter to realize that Edwards is not a guy that can lead a pro-style offense in the NFL. I feel comfortable for now with Fitz as the starting QB and hopes he continues to progress.