Steve Johnson is one TD away...

Coach Klein

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no recolection of Billy Brooks at all.

Well unless Stevie gets injured I'd bet he breaks that record. I put money on 13.

Bill Brooks was a free agent from Indy. An excellent route runner. Kelly loved him because he ran his routes on the money, made great sight adjustments and was great inside the 20.

Yeah, the Bills don't have a dominant receiving-TD guy. I think that the Kelly era tended to spread the ball around (Lofton, Beebe, Metzelaars, etc. pulling from Reed), and then also, the team finished drives on the ground. The Bills had 39 passing TD in 1991:

Reed: 10

Lofton: 8

Beebe: 6

Thomas: 5 (receiving only)

McKeller: 3

Rolle: 2

Metz: 2

Davis, Edwards, and Tasker: 1

This team is much more effective with Josh Reed than Steve Johnson.

[/dick jauron]

I hate that asshat more and more everyday.

What I really like about Stevie (other then total respect for a "pull himself up by his own bootstraps mentality" is he has a real awareness on the field and you can see it.......he will be catching the ball and already planning his next move This sometimes hurts him as he drops some balls....but where it helps him is he is looking for the angle of the closest defender on him and he already is thinking how he is going to move to beat him.

Its hard not to like a guy like Stevie Johnston

Johnson has been great. At the same time I am so sick of Lee Evans not trying it is ridiculous. He never fought to come back for the ball on the INT that Fitz threw his way. Coach needs to bench this slug for a game or two to make the same statement to him that he is making to Maybin. And his defenders on this Board can no longer claim he is not posting numbers because of the QB....Fitz is playing as well as any QB in the league.

Edited by jumbalaya