Could Mike Vick be the NFLs MVP

sleaky72

Mike in Syracuse -

I'm a human and I've made mistakes and so have you. What makes you think you are so important that you can decide what mistakes are "unforgivable"? He served the punishment the government of this land gave him, and God in any religion has forgiveness for those who repent.

Are you a higher authority than both the law and God?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't think Vick is the MVP you clearly are not watching the games.

So in addition to watching the Bills every week you also manage to watch every Eagles, Colts, and Patriots, and Charger game, simultaneously if necessary? Cool bro.

Gotta love people crowning someone MVP after game number 9. And I'm 100% glad we passed on Vick. Sorry but there are enough good QBs for me to cheer for that guy. And last time I checked, Mike Vick has never been to a SB. But I forgot everyone needs to overreact after every play now.

The funniest is part the Falcons replaced that scumbag and are the best team in the NFC.

For once I agree with you...

Here we go with another thread full of condescending straw-man "You must be a hippie, pot smoking Hippie freak who values dogs more than people if you're actually disgusted by premeditated torturous murder, err....'a mistake'. Boy those posts never get old :thumbdown:

It's actually 6 games, no 9 that he's played btw.

As lights out as he played last night, their record is not much different with a healthy Kolb playing every game. I don't think New England with their cast of scrubs on offense is beating Baltimore and Pittsburgh with whoever their backup QB is. Manning and Brady are boring picks though because they're always good.

Mike in Syracuse -

I'm a human and I've made mistakes and so have you. What makes you think you are so important that you can decide what mistakes are "unforgivable"? He served the punishment the government of this land gave him, and God in any religion has forgiveness for those who repent.

Are you a higher authority than both the law and God?

There's a pretty massive difference between making mistakes and electrocuting dogs don't you think? Sure, I shot out a window with a BB gun as a kid but I didn't drown my neighbors dog. I got a ticket once for passing on a double yellow but I haven't beaten any animals to death with a baseball bat. Somehow, oddly enough, I've managed to never get arrested!

You're correct, he served the punishment that was given to him as required by law and yes, religions do provide forgiveness for those who repent. Personally, I don't believe Vick is sorry at all for what he did. I believe he's sorry that he lost all the fame and money but I don't believe for a second that he's sorry. Ask yourself this, if Vick hadn't been caught would he still be running his dog fighting ring? Ironic how losing 100 million dollars makes you see the error of your way.

What Vick took part in suggests to me something much darker. You've got to be a special kind of sick !@#$ to electrocute a dog. I truly hope he has changed but somehow I doubt it.

If you're fine with the new and improved Mike Vic then that's your choice, I'm not willing to forget that easily.

Gotta admit, this is a very interesting thread. How odd that one bunch of people finds dog fighting disgusting and something of a dark character flaw, and a bunch of other people have no problem with dog fighting because, y'know, people eat chicken and cows, and other quarterbacks rape people... so what's the big deal, y'know?

Some of you make it sound like killing dogs is a bad, immoral thing and some of you make it sound like Vick just woke up one day and decided that dog fighting was bad. I mean, it's not like he changed his way because he was caught, arrested, put in jail and stripped of tens of millions of dollars, right?

It's not hard to figure out; he's an extremely talented athlete on an extremely talented team and winning is a great deodorant, so it's easy to ignore the part of him that is a useless sack of crap. Unfortunately, one day he's going to put the football down, and he'll no longer be an extremely talented athlete...just a guy who has a part of him that remains a useless sack of crap.

+1

I live in LA right now, and refuse to own a dog because 1.) I dont have a yard to let a dog roam freely and 2.) Dont have the time and dedication it takes to own a dog. Ive had dogs my entire life and refuse to be part of this culture that thinks its ok to take a tammed wild animal and cage it up all day or not let it roam freely. And for those same dog lovers that say there dog is part of the family, would you lock ur child up alone and home? If you want to truly help a dog, instead of bitching on a bills forum, like ur the voice of reason, why dont you take a couple hours out of your day and spend some time at your local shelter. Thats what I do.

good for you.... very noble. but unless those shelter dogs get rescued in a few weeks, they're euthanized. i'd argue that the "torture" of being around family, even if they are in a run much of the day, is preferable to that. survival is the predominant animal and human instinct.

i agree that dogs need work and exercise. i hunt with dogs and most seem happiest when working but there are adequate substitutes. long walks work wonders. underground fences work very well in most cases. mine have an acre to roam but i've kept happy, healthy,loyal, obedient dogs in smaller spaces and know many responsible owners who do as well. i've rescued many dogs over the years and i'm totally confident that all would say they were thankful and happy to be given an alternative to the needle if they could. they actually show their appreciation every day if one is perceptive at all. so spare us your righteous indignation.

Gotta admit, this is a very interesting thread. How odd that one bunch of people finds dog fighting disgusting and something of a dark character flaw, and a bunch of other people have no problem with dog fighting because, y'know, people eat chicken and cows, and other quarterbacks rape people... so what's the big deal, y'know?

Some of you make it sound like killing dogs is a bad, immoral thing and some of you make it sound like Vick just woke up one day and decided that dog fighting was bad. I mean, it's not like he changed his way because he was caught, arrested, put in jail and stripped of tens of millions of dollars, right?

It's not hard to figure out; he's an extremely talented athlete on an extremely talented team and winning is a great deodorant, so it's easy to ignore the part of him that is a useless sack of crap. Unfortunately, one day he's going to put the football down, and he'll no longer be an extremely talented athlete...just a guy who has a part of him that remains a useless sack of crap.

you seem to always see things in black and white. some things really are gray. maybe he changed only because of his punishment. isn't that the goal of punishment? maybe he hasn't changed at all but won't do it again. isn't that an ok outcome. maybe he really has changed. maybe some folks find both rape and dogfighting disgusting. if only life were so simple...

What's hlarious is how so many can cast a stone at Vick when the person you look at in the mirror while brushing your teeth everyday has been just as bad if not worse. Keep riding around upon your high horse and claiming how "horrible" a person Vick is all the while having your deep dark issues hidden because you're not under the constant eye of the media to have them exposed. Anyone can say, "well I've never done this or that" to something, but what are you guilty of? More than you'll ever spout off around here for sure. There is One judge and Vick will stand before Him just as I or you will.

What's hlarious is how so many can cast a stone at Vick when the person you look at in the mirror while brushing your teeth everyday has been just as bad if not worse. Keep riding around upon your high horse and claiming how "horrible" a person Vick is all the while having your deep dark issues hidden because you're not under the constant eye of the media to have them exposed. Anyone can say, "well I've never done this or that" to something, but what are you guilty of? More than you'll ever spout off around here for sure. There is One judge and Vick will stand before Him just as I or you will.

Wow....um...just wow!

Dude I can stand in front of the mirror, brush my teeth and be proud of who I am. There's very little in my past that I'm ashamed to admit and certainly nothing that's in the same universe as what Vick has done. If you can't look in the mirror in the morning that's a you problem, not a me problem.

This is the single most idiotic post I have ever read on this board.

So because people find the act of torturing and murdering dogs a heinous and disgusting act, and one difficult to forgive, deep down, they're all murderers and rapists and would be caught by now if they didn't sling a ball for a living? Am I reading that correctly? If so, I weep for you. You are a failed product of the education system on this nation.

I personally know that I have committed no crime against man or beast nor do I sling drugs for a living, beat children or drink the blood of the elderly to keep myself young.

As for Vick, people have the right to dislike the actions of his past, just because he served his time and is playing great football doesn't mean we all have to embrace him with open arms.

Vick performance was so uncanny, the Pro Football Hall Of Fame ask the Eagles for the guy Jersey so it could be displayed in the Hall Of Fame. Rather I like him or hate him, last nite I saw the greatest show on earth from one player.. I know a lot of people still can't forgive, but if you watch that game last night its no way you didn't enjoy that! Especially if you "LOVE" football. M!V!P! M!V!P! M!V!P! Lol

The coaches Mr.Vick had in the big house really knew their football. They could be in line for NFL paychecks after their rehabilitation. .

The eagles front office had a vision of speed, aerial attacks and touchdowns when they went small and speedy. .MVP.

I cant think of who is having a better year or more valuable to their or even more exciting to watch.

I am seeing the redemption of a young, previously messed up man before my eyes. I seriously never thought he had it in him.

I know many will never get passed the pooch thing, but this guy is unbelievable and if it continues I dont see how barring prejudice and doggie backlash that this guy should not be the NFls MVP.

If the Eagles dont sign him quickly to an extension and let him hit the market then they are absolutely clueless.

Hey Tiger if Vick can do it then whats your problem

you know if you cut and paste your thread to word before you post it you probably won’t sound like a third grader: " better year or more valuable to their or even more,” "never get passed the pooch thing"

I don't think he's a great guy or anything, but this an example where it appears our prison system has helped to rehabilitate someone. It may have taken losing his millions, freedom, and hearing the anguish people felt over what he did, but I don't think Michael Vick is killing dogs anymore, and he certainly is taking football and preparation a lot more seriously. Your tax dollars and the prison system did what they were supposed to this time (so far.) That doesn't happen with a lot of people.

This is the single most idiotic post I have ever read on this board.

So because people find the act of torturing and murdering dogs a heinous and disgusting act, and one difficult to forgive, deep down, they're all murderers and rapists and would be caught by now if they didn't sling a ball for a living? Am I reading that correctly? If so, I weep for you. You are a failed product of the education system on this nation.

I personally know that I have committed no crime against man or beast nor do I sling drugs for a living, beat children or drink the blood of the elderly to keep myself young.

As for Vick, people have the right to dislike the actions of his past, just because he served his time and is playing great football doesn't mean we all have to embrace him with open arms.

I do not agree with the things he has done by any means. I do not justify the things he has done by any means. I could not find myself killing any animals unless I absolutely had to for survival purposes. I would not hang out with the guy at a club if he asked me to. All I am saying is people are so quick to continue to trample under foot another when they are by no means perfect or guiltless themselves. I used to sell drugs, I used to try to bed as many women as I could that I found attractive, I have hung a gun out a window and fired off an entire clip at random because I was beyond drunk, I have hated people and plotted murder without following through with it, and could went to prison for many things that God spared me from. Now I am a changed person, but I know where I came from and have no right to continue to harp on anyone for what they have done. As sinless as you think you are, you really are not. Am I saying that you or anyone else have done the same as the other athletes mentioned? No, but you are by no means without fault for your entire life.

people can hate players like Tom Brady for no other reason than he "is a f*g".

However, there are very legitimate reasons to dislike and root against Mike Vick and people rush to defend him/debate people like he is a close relative. People dislike athletes (and celebrities in general) for much, much less than this. Heck, I always said that I wouldnt root for the Sabres if they ever got Jaromir Jagr... I see people writing all the time how much they hate Dan Marino's guts. God forbid people speak out against Vick.

+1,000.

Am I saying that you or anyone else have done the same as the other athletes mentioned? No, but you are by no means without fault for your entire life.

Actually you did say that - see below. Thanks for telling random people they're not perfect though - that's helpful.

What's hlarious is how so many can cast a stone at Vick when the person you look at in the mirror while brushing your teeth everyday has been just as bad if not worse.

When you live in parts of L.A., Island Empire, the Phillipines, Ohio, Mississippi or North Las Vegas. etc. Dogfighting is ok. Not that it's right, just accepted there. Dude had to be taken away from a bad enviroment to realize the truth and what he was doing. NOW he's the most dominating, fun to watch player in the NFL. Props to second chances.

and God forgives all