Congrats to Chan Gailey

Simon

Probably not what I'd have run either but giving the ball to a guy who is as tough a tackle as Fred is never really a "bad" call.

Agreed. That's why I called it a "minor complaint". But i like Fitz on the sneak a whole bunch.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if he deserves congratulating. The Bills didn't win that game, IMO... The Lions lost it.

?????

The Bills lead the entire game and Detroit would have needed a two-point conversion to tie it. Not sure what the hell you are talking about.

?????

The Bills lead the entire game and Detroit would have needed a two-point conversion to tie it. Not sure what the hell you are talking about.

I'm not saying he coached a bad game... I'm saying that the Bills made a lot of mistakes, and the Lions made a lot more. Today's game, IMO, wasn't any better or worse from a coaching perspective than any of the other games... He's been an ok coach, really.

I just don't understand congratulating the guy for basically doing the same thing, but we happened to play a ****ty team that barely lost to us.

I'm happy to get the win! But

Does Chan know how to call a sweep? Pitchout? Reverse, Slant or end around, He called two plays all day, run up the middle and the bomb down the side. He needs to be more diverse. And the three run plays up the middle before the half that gave Detroit the opportunity to kick the 3 before half. If he calls one slant we convert and run the clock out.

His play calling sucks if you ask me. We need a younger more creative play caller.

I'm happy to get the win! But

Does Chan know how to call a sweep? Pitchout? Reverse, Slant or end around, He called two plays all day, run up the middle and the bomb down the side. He needs to be more diverse. And the three run plays up the middle before the half that gave Detroit the opportunity to kick the 3 before half. If he calls one slant we convert and run the clock out.

His play calling sucks if you ask me. We need a younger more creative play caller.

I disagree with you the offense has showed improvement and todays problem was not play calling but it was exacution of the plays that were called. Chan didn't drop those passes and give up the 4th downs the players did. :oops:

I disagree with you the offense has showed improvement and todays problem was not play calling but it was exacution of the plays that were called. Chan didn't drop those passes and give up the 4th downs the players did. :oops:

There was rain all game. It has a nasty habit of getting the ball wet. Cautious, run first became the Gailey plan, especially with a 14-3 lead. I thought we got a bit too conservative, yet....a win is a win...

Congrats to Chan too...

However, this was his worst called game in the 2nd half...Could get nothing going on the repeated chances to put the game away....Defense continues to flounder against a bad Lions offense and gave up a 88 yard drive....Where is Spiller...It is amazing that a street FA Ganther got more carries then your top 10 pick.

Our first drive of the 2nd half was awesome.

Spiller is hurt.

A few dropped passes. A few bad passes. Wind and rain hurt the offense. Both teams were effected.

Be happy for week.

He called two plays all day, run up the middle and the bomb down the side. He needs to be more diverse.

I think Chan builds a creative passing game. Multiple short middles were called today. A few were dropped by Jones and Stevie, and couple more to that area were just crummy throws. There was also two shovel pass attempts. First one during a pressure. Kinda looked like the target never turned around. Then later on the Fred TD.

CONGRATS to Coach Gailey and the whole team! And congrats fellow Bills fans on (finally!) a less cranky Monday.

Congrats to Chan too...

However, this was his worst called game in the 2nd half...Could get nothing going on the repeated chances to put the game away....Defense continues to flounder against a bad Lions offense and gave up a 88 yard drive....Where is Spiller...It is amazing that a street FA Ganther got more carries then your top 10 pick.

did you listen to the game? Spiller was hurt 2nd quarter. Chan called a good game WRs kept dropping the ball. Chan was too pass happy in other games and realized we need to run to win did you hear that win which is what we did today. We kick some field goals and the touchdown isn't called back and we win big.

It was just a horrifically bad game by both teams.

I was flipping back and forth in the second half between the Bills and jets/browns game because the Bills game was so sad.

It would have been appropriate for the Lions to tie the game and have it end a tie.

But I am happy they managed to win a game ... even that game.

Congrats Coach!

Don't look now, but the last game of the season is against the JESTS.

Just exactly what will they be playing for on January 2nd?

They're going to be so friggin' hung over and resting their starters.

I also think Miami is beatable. Division games are usually close.

We could get the 5th pick in The Draft.

The way the Patriots are playing, it could go down to the wire as to who will be the AFC East champs. Secondly, there is lot of competition in that AFC South for the wild card. I believe this year the games are going to be meaningful at the end of the season.

Congrats on a 2 point win at home against a team that has lost an NFL record 25 straight road games! Whoo -hoo!!!

Yeah, they broke their own dubious record. Not positive, but 25 road loses would count backwards to the last season AFCE played the NFCN. We lost to Detroit at home. Was THAT their last road win??

Seriously?

He had a QB missing multiple open receivers for TD's, a kicker blowing chippies, open receivers dropping balls, an 80yrd ST's TD called back, a stretch where his only RB was a guy they had just signed off the street and he still managed to pull out a win with arguably the least talented roster in the NFL.

His game management was fantastic from start to finish today and he deserves his props with no qualifications.

:lol: When you put it that way, I guess he did do a pretty good job.

Just wanted to say congratulations to Coach Gailey.

He is working with a mostly young team, with several

2nd string players put into starting positions.

I believe he is on the right track in turning this thing around.

Was impressesed with his comments about the fans in his post game.

For all you eye rollers...minimizing the win because of the Lions

shortcomings on Sunday.. How about a phantom holding call on McKelvin's

TD punt return? The Bills deserved to win this game,no matter who they played.