Andrew Luck on Jim Rome at 2PM ET

bbb

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the interview - he certainly didn't rule out coming out (which I thought I've read before).......He said he's trying not to think about it now during the season, and will sit down with parents, coach, etc. after season to come to decision.

I liked the interview - he certainly didn't rule out coming out (which I thought I've read before).......He said he's trying not to think about it now during the season, and will sit down with parents, coach, etc. after season to come to decision.

thats a whole lot better than a big ole NO!

Over the summer he said he would "probably" go back to Stanford for another year, but wasn't gong to think much about it or make a decision until after this season. I think that was the only public comment he has personally made on the issue prior to this interview with Rome. His father, Oliver Luck, has made similar statements in interviews he's given in West Virginia. Pretty consistent, I guess... at least it sounds possible he'll come out!

Luck needs to stay in college for one more year.

I agree, but Luck's decision could come down to IF there is a Rookie Cap in 2012 after the CBA negotiations in 2011...

Meaning, Luck could be the last rookie first overall with a huge rookie contract in 2011...

His parents say stay, but after the NCAA Bowl season comes to a close, agents will talk him into the NFL Draft...they will show Jake Locker's demise of going back for one more year...utilize the possibility of the 2012 rookie cap & focus Luck on being #1 in 2011!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I agree, but Luck's decision could come down to IF there is a Rookie Cap in 2012 after the CBA negotiations in 2011...

Meaning, Luck could be the last rookie first overall with a huge rookie contract in 2011...

His parents say stay, but after the NCAA Bowl season comes to a close, agents will talk him into the NFL Draft...they will show Jake Locker's demise of going back for one more year...utilize the possibility of the 2012 rookie cap & focus Luck on being #1 in 2011!

Wage scale would probably start in 2011.

Whether the rookie cap is in-place in 2011 or 2012 doesn't really make a whole lot of difference. If he's rated the top overall prospect and Harbaugh leaves, his best move it to enter the draft. Waiting until 2012 means it's another year before he earns NFL money, whether there's a cap in 2011 or not.

And if there is a cap in 2011, that 1st overall pick will be highly coveted. If the Bills deem Fitz worth developing, they could trade down and get multiple picks.

Edited by Doc

2011...First Overall can get upwards of $80mil + contract

2012...First Overall would be drastically less...Mort before the Draft in 2010 said contracts for the first overall spot could go down to $30-40 mill per 6-8 year contract or even lower...if there is a cap voted on before or after the next CBA!

You decide!

The more I learn about and see Luck, the more I think that the Bills need to have the first pick in the draft. I just hope that the Panthers, Cowboys etc. can win a few more games (or at least one more than we do).