Russ Brandon comments telling...

Thanks for the link. After reading the article it's clear that Brandon is speaking strictly of the fan interest in Toronto. And I think he's right; you CAN'T quantify how much being in playoff contention would have meant to the kind of Toronto fan that attends the Bills games up there.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks for the link. After reading the article it's clear that Brandon is speaking strictly of the fan interest in Toronto. And I think he's right; you CAN'T quantify how much being in playoff contention would have meant to the kind of Toronto fan that attends the Bills games up there.

GO BILLS!!!

Well said.

IMO you are reading too much into this. Obviously winning equates to higher revenue generation, which we all know they want. They are trying to win...

GO BILLS!!!

All he is saying its hard to judge the Toronto fans when the Bills stick out loud. I know we are all bending over backwards looking for signs of a conspiracy but this is pretty weak.

PTR

I am a proud Canadian and Bills fan and I will tell you the truth.

If the bills where a playoff team it would change nothing because of the following,

1) ticket prices are through the roof

2) the drinking laws in Canada are way to strick for tail gaiting

3) coperate Canada has its paws in the tail gaiting and charging to get into event and beer tents and again krazy prices for beer.

Finally the NFL expierience is void without tailgating, fans go to party, BQ, to lite fires in barrels and drink the beer they bring and move from trailer to bus and not worry about drinking areas.

Roger's made a major mis caculation thinking they could rip off canadians and not even get the real expierience

at that my friends is the truth and the reason the NFL never comes to Canada, personally if the bills move to TO, I will never go to another NFL game.

:sick:

Edited by 13player

My biggest problem is that...if this is indeed the case....regardless of what he 'meant' by that quote, why the hell are they playing in Toronto?

78 Million reasons.

My problem with that aspect is we receive the nice sized payoff for the Toronto series, yet we continue to spend well below our cap...are we even doing "cash to cap" anymore? I dont even know. If we outsource a game per year to Rogers' and they're dumb enough to pay us those ridiculous amounts in cash, this should somewhat make up for the gameday revenue unbalance (between us and the large market, suite heavy stadiums) a bit and we should be spending that money on potential talent...instead it just goes into RW's tax sheltered investment account I'd imagine...

Thats frustrating to me when I look at this Toronto series. The aforementioned increase from 12% to 15% of the season ticket fan base is admirable when looking at increasing the regionalization reach...but spend the cash received for moving the game up there...thus taking a bit of the sting out of moving that game up there for us WNY fans...!

Just an opinion.

Go BILLS!

If you are a Canadian Bills fan, you can come to the Ralph and be one of the 73,000+ there on game day at your will. If you are one of these fans you aren't at all likely to think that the game in the Roger's Centre is much of an attraction. You'd avoid it just like the fans on this side of the border. Now if you happen to be a Bears fan this is the one chance you have to see your team live and the inflated prices and lack of gameday ambiance is much easier to overlook. It is pure supply and demand economics.

Only an elite Bills team could have created any buzz in that environment and they have been far from that these past few years. None of these factors are conducive to a great NFL experience.

GO BILLS!!!

After reading the article it is obvious that Brandon does not know what the hell he is talking about. He fails to make a point which is decernable in the sea of BS that he is failing to articulate.

Edited by Bart

His statement just makes a stronger case that the Bills Organization is just trying to fool the fans. If you think they want to win your sadly mistaken. They only want to fool the average fan into wasting money on them. Ralph just wants to get all the money he can out of Buffalo before he dies. He could careless if we won. Thats why the bills get rid of all their talented players. They dont want to play them and they can just make a stupid excuse to not sign them. Thats why we have no probowl players on this team besides Moorman. We have an average team that has average talent including coaches.The bills in the past ten years were just good enough to make the fans excited that they might make the playoffs. They had enough talent to win 6-7 games which fooled fans into thinking that next year was the year. McGAhee, Winfield,London Fletcher, Spikes, Lynch, Greer. The list goes on. Ralph is too old to be an owner. He needs to give up his power and let a real GM run the organization, but that will never happen because he is to old.

If you are a Canadian Bills fan, you can come to the Ralph and be one of the 73,000+ there on game day at your will. If you are one of these fans you aren't at all likely to think that the game in the Roger's Centre is much of an attraction. You'd avoid it just like the fans on this side of the border. Now if you happen to be a Bears fan this is the one chance you have to see your team live and the inflated prices and lack of gameday ambiance is much easier to overlook. It is pure supply and demand economics.

Only an elite Bills team could have created any buzz in that environment and they have been far from that these past few years. None of these factors are conducive to a great NFL experience.

Bingo!

Yet... Why the Dolphins in 2008??? I go to an away game a year and the Miami tickets (along with some other teams like the Raiders) are easy to get and cheap.

I can see the Jets (sold out) and the Bears (sold out) in their own town. What are the Bills gonna play say the Broncos next year there (TOR)?

His statement just makes a stronger case that the Bills Organization is just trying to fool the fans. If you think they want to win your sadly mistaken. They only want to fool the average fan into wasting money on them. Ralph just wants to get all the money he can out of Buffalo before he dies. He could careless if we won. Thats why the bills get rid of all their talented players. They dont want to play them and they can just make a stupid excuse to not sign them. Thats why we have no probowl players on this team besides Moorman. We have an average team that has average talent including coaches.The bills in the past ten years were just good enough to make the fans excited that they might make the playoffs. They had enough talent to win 6-7 games which fooled fans into thinking that next year was the year. McGAhee, Winfield,London Fletcher, Spikes, Lynch, Greer. The list goes on. Ralph is too old to be an owner. He needs to give up his power and let a real GM run the organization, but that will never happen because he is to old.

If there is one community that needs to be like Green Bay and have an exception to the "community owned" rule... It is BFLO. Why keep on feeding the "socialized" owners/NFL and good ole boy system?

The Toronto move was a great move by the front office. It served to line Ralph's pockets with more money at the expense of Bills fans losing a home game and Canadian fans getting a sub-par NFL experience at a high cost. The focus is Ralph's bankroll and not the fan's satisfaction, certainly not winning. Can anyone point to a move made in the past few years that was all about winning? The T.O. signing and no other free agent signings, the release of Edwards and Langston Walker and trading of Lynch, the not re-signing of countless good veteran performers over the years, the drafting of a RB when that position was arguably our best talent? It's all about trying to make a marketing splash and cost savings with this front office. That's why this team is 0-8.

The most idiotic opinion in all of sports fandom is the "They are not committed to winning" it is so childish and is reserved for the WGR airwaves!

Really after all we've experienced during the past decade, is there anyone on TBD that honestly believe winning is a priority of ownership and management?

I'd argue the experiment failed instantly by having it played at the crappy Rogers Centre, which is, and will remain, the Skydome to me.

The Toronto experiment would have benefited from having the game played outside in Toronto, on real grass, and set it up like the Winter Classic for the NHL..."make" the field somewhere.

Whatever. Just something more unique than the bland product of two teams playing in a dome on artificial turf. Big deal.

The Toronto move was a great move by the front office. It served to line Ralph's pockets with more money at the expense of Bills fans losing a home game and Canadian fans getting a sub-par NFL experience at a high cost. The focus is Ralph's bankroll and not the fan's satisfaction, certainly not winning. Can anyone point to a move made in the past few years that was all about winning? The T.O. signing and no other free agent signings, the release of Edwards and Langston Walker and trading of Lynch, the not re-signing of countless good veteran performers over the years, the drafting of a RB when that position was arguably our best talent? It's all about trying to make a marketing splash and cost savings with this front office. That's why this team is 0-8.

Actually, the free agent Non resigning issue is sticky, because I think the Bills have done well passing on certain ballplayers. Lets see, the only one I regret losing is Pat Williams. Passing on Nate Clements (a B player), Jonas Jennings (an injury prone A player) Sam Cowart (injury slowed) and even A Winfield (talented but no INT CB) seems right in retrospect. Just who is it we ought to have kept...other than PW? And the release of Edwards...was late, not early...he should never have had a shot this year...but, in that case, I am positive the ownership dictated that to Gailey.