If Bryan SCott

BeastMode54

we win, plain and simple. AND he dropped another more difficult pick in the endzone as well. These DB"s look like they are trying to drop the ball. Whitner against the Ravens, Wilson against KC and now Scott against the Bears. Unreal...

If Fitz hits Stevie Johnson in stride instead of a short INT it's 6.

PTR

If Fitz hits Stevie Johnson in stride instead of a short INT it's 6.

PTR

doubt it. The safety was bearing down on Johnson.

Bad throw, no doubt, but Jackson's fumble (10-14 point swing), and Scott's dropped INT (would have ended the game) were more damaging.

doubt it. The safety was bearing down on Johnson.

Bad throw, no doubt, but Jackson's fumble (10-14 point swing), and Scott's dropped INT (would have ended the game) were more damaging.

And Scott had people around him too so a pick 6 was no gimme.

And we can go on playing the "what if?" game...what if we didn't get penalties on those 3rd down stops? What if Lindell made the PAT? What if Fred Jackson didn't fumble? Etc etc etc.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

And Scott had people around him too so a pick 6 was no gimme.

PTR

I'm pretty sure that he could have outrun Cutler (who, despite looking like Fran Tarkenton yesterday, is not fast) and the Bears OL. Assuming that Olin Kreutz did run Scott down, the Bills are still in FG range.

Yes if Fitz hits that they win, but if Roscoe makes that 35 yard catch, if Lee makes that catch in his hands, if FJ makes a catch and it extends the drive instead of a punt. The problem with Fitz throwing the INT is that the Bills have such little margin for error whereas better teams' QBs throw INTs like that all the time but the entire team is better and they stop the offense. Imagine that, after a turnover your defense actually stopping someone.

Also, that pick 6 is a much easier play to make for B Scott than a 40 yard pass play. That ball is just floating there and is a catch you HAVE to make. Same with Whitner in the Baltimore game.

When you put your offense in the position where they have to make all the plays in the game you are in trouble.

The Bills stopped the Bears on 3rd down but a penalty extends the 1st TD drive and those 4 points are the differnece in the game, same with a missed PAT. The Bills are just not good enough to make up for those type of plays

Too many what if's in that game. The toss to wide-open Roscoe over the middle that made him stretch out and dive almost killed me. He couldn't have been more open and an easier target. Ugh.

Too many what if's in that game. The toss to wide-open Roscoe over the middle that made him stretch out and dive almost killed me. He couldn't have been more open and an easier target. Ugh.

I believe that the Bills eventually scored a TD on that drive.

Yes if Fitz hits that they win, but if Roscoe makes that 35 yard catch, if Lee makes that catch in his hands, if FJ makes a catch and it extends the drive instead of a punt. The problem with Fitz throwing the INT is that the Bills have such little margin for error whereas better teams' QBs throw INTs like that all the time but the entire team is better and they stop the offense. Imagine that, after a turnover your defense actually stopping someone.

Also, that pick 6 is a much easier play to make for B Scott than a 40 yard pass play. That ball is just floating there and is a catch you HAVE to make. Same with Whitner in the Baltimore game.

When you put your offense in the position where they have to make all the plays in the game you are in trouble.

The Bills stopped the Bears on 3rd down but a penalty extends the 1st TD drive and those 4 points are the differnece in the game, same with a missed PAT. The Bills are just not good enough to make up for those type of plays

I liked the call. Fitz had Johnson, the safety was far enough away to be a non-factor. Fitz just underthrew it. He was going for the jugular, it would have given us a win. I am excited for the 2nd half of the season. Even though they are 0-8, I want to see how the Harvard man continues to play. It has been a fine line between winning and losing this season (as it always is), but I think they turn the corner in the 2nd half which could carry to next season.

we win, plain and simple. AND he dropped another more difficult pick in the endzone as well. These DB"s look like they are trying to drop the ball. Whitner against the Ravens, Wilson against KC and now Scott against the Bears. Unreal...

If we can look back at those drops as the reason the Bills are 1-15 with the number 1 pick in the draft as opposed to 4-12 with the number 6 pick in the draft, I can live with it.

I believe that the Bills eventually scored a TD on that drive.

I believe you're right, but the point is that there were way too many 'what-if' moments where Fitzy's inaccuracy cost us a big play. Still love the guy, though.

If the Bills hadn't dropped that int.

If the Bills had caught that pass.

If the Bills hadn't fumbled that return.

If all refs didn't hate the Bills.

If Scarlett Johansson had slept with me last night I'd have permagrin.

All the If's in the world don't add up to ****.

I liked the call. Fitz had Johnson, the safety was far enough away to be a non-factor. Fitz just underthrew it. He was going for the jugular, it would have given us a win. I am excited for the 2nd half of the season. Even though they are 0-8, I want to see how the Harvard man continues to play. It has been a fine line between winning and losing this season (as it always is), but I think they turn the corner in the 2nd half which could carry to next season.

I have to agree they were entertaining and competitive in the last 4 or 5 games now. There were many games last year with no "what ifs". I am starting to wonder if Fitz keeps getting more reps if he might not just refine out some of these misfires.

By the Way, did anyone notice the play just prior to Fred's fumble? I DVR'd the game and i truly believe we got the first down. I can't remember if it was Fred or Roscoe who stretched for it? ANyway, when the linesman walked to place the ball he went on a backwards angle, thus leaving it barely short...which turned into a 4th down and fumble. Argh! so many weird things...to help derail the Bills every single week.

There were about 10 big IFs in the game.

Our DBs are just not making plays this season.