Fairley DE-Cam Newton QB

Astrobot

11/4 - 2011 Big Board Revision

Nick Fairley has been a destructive force on the Auburn defensive line and has been climbing our Big Board (#3 overall this week, an increase of 14 spots) due to raves from our scouting department. Quite frankly, we feel he will play equally well as a DT in a 4-3 alignment or a DE in the 3-4...

Although he will probably require a year or two of grooming in the pro game, we have seen enough of Cam Newton's athletic prowess to project that some team will invest a 2nd round choice on the big QB from Auburn, moving him up 83 slots to #44 overall. Junior RB Mikel LeShoure of Illinois has been on our radar and makes his Big Board debut this week at #48. Two Big Ten linemen, one defensive and one offensive, jumped 50+ slots as Wisconsin DE J.J. Watts and Indiana OT James Brewer made huge strides.

Astro

Good to see james Brewer getting some love. I think he's only a Rt on the pro level though. Do you agree or disagree. And Cam Newton is tough to project into the NFL. With the right Offensive system he could have success right away. Even just as a sub package guy.

11/4 - 2011 Big Board Revision

Nick Fairley has been a destructive force on the Auburn defensive line and has been climbing our Big Board (#3 overall this week, an increase of 14 spots) due to raves from our scouting department. Quite frankly, we feel he will play equally well as a DT in a 4-3 alignment or a DE in the 3-4...

Although he will probably require a year or two of grooming in the pro game, we have seen enough of Cam Newton's athletic prowess to project that some team will invest a 2nd round choice on the big QB from Auburn, moving him up 83 slots to #44 overall. Junior RB Mikel LeShoure of Illinois has been on our radar and makes his Big Board debut this week at #48. Two Big Ten linemen, one defensive and one offensive, jumped 50+ slots as Wisconsin DE J.J. Watts and Indiana OT James Brewer made huge strides.

Astro

Cam Newton is not a QB in the NFL...maybe like what Brad Smith is with the Jets, but not a QB

looking at the big board it is possible to end up with

luck qb

soilder rt

jj watt de

macarthey olb

not to bad

Cam Newton is not a QB in the NFL...maybe like what Brad Smith is with the Jets, but not a QB

way to early to say that.

looking at the big board it is possible to end up with

luck qb

soilder rt

jj watt de

macarthey olb

not to bad

I still haven't figured out how the Bills are going to have Luck available on Sundays next season while he's still playing for Stanford on Saturdays - any clues? :unsure:

Edited by The Senator

I still haven't figured out how the Bills are going to have Luck available on Sundays next season while he's still playing for Stanford on Saturdays - any clues? :unsure:

two things to consider

1 his coach will probably move on to a bigger job either nfl or collage

2 looming rookie pay scale, this will be the last draft without one. When push comes to shove I don't think he leaves 20-30 million on the table

two things to consider

2 looming rookie pay scale, this will be the last draft without one. When push comes to shove I don't think he leaves 20-30 million on the table

His coach had that opportunity last year and turned it down.

Which "bigger job" will he leave one of the richest universities with a top DivI football program (that he built) for?

What NFL team will he coach for?

The current CBA expires before the draft. Unless you are anticipating a strike or lockout there will be a new CBA in place before the draft--which will likely have a rookie cap.

His coach had that opportunity last year and turned it down.

Which "bigger job" will he leave one of the richest universities with a top DivI football program (that he built) for?

What NFL team will he coach for?

The current CBA expires before the draft. Unless you are anticipating a strike or lockout there will be a new CBA in place before the draft--which will likely have a rookie cap.

The Dallas Cowboys will be available. . .

two things to consider

Leave $20-30 million on the table? Bradford got 50 million guaranteed money last year. Expect him to get around $55+ gauranteed money. It would be a naive move to pass that up. In effect, one would never have to worry about money ever again. I really don't think anybody on this board can actually understand how this would feel and how it would change our lives.

Leave $20-30 million on the table? Bradford got 50 million guaranteed money last year. Expect him to get around $55+ gauranteed money. It would be a naive move to pass that up. In effect, one would never have to worry about money ever again. I really don't think anybody on this board can actually understand how this would feel and how it would change our lives.

Maybe SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBY would... :rolleyes:

With the right Offensive system he could have success right away.

UH... get real. Ain't no wishbone offense in the NFL and no team that consistently gets in the mildcat formation for more than a dozen plays. Cam Newton is a running QB. After a few collisions with some NFL LBS and D lineman he will have no game at all.