Fairley DE-Cam Newton QB

Astrobot

UH... get real. Ain't no wishbone offense in the NFL and no team that consistently gets in the mildcat formation for more than a dozen plays. Cam Newton is a running QB. After a few collisions with some NFL LBS and D lineman he will have no game at all.

Disagree big time... you can't call Newton just a running qb because he actually has a pro style arm and technique, unlike the tim tebow wind up... i'm not projecting him either way, but at least be informative instead of giving the typical "idk what i'm talking about but I saw him running on tv so he wont make it in the NFL"...

VY isn't the best but his record is a winning one... I just don't get how you can write someone off so soon without even knowing the potential and tools the player possesses

UH... get real. Ain't no wishbone offense in the NFL and no team that consistently gets in the mildcat formation for more than a dozen plays. Cam Newton is a running QB. After a few collisions with some NFL LBS and D lineman he will have no game at all.

Way to selectively quote, I said even as a sub package guy. And Newton does have an NFL quality arm,and release. If you draft him he probably doesn't start day 1. But with the right Offensive mind, you can put him on the field, in a wildcat variant,a Pistol look, even give some spread looks, all it takes is a creative offensive mind.

:lol:

I guess Cam's found an easier way to make money than stealing laptops...

Backup QB Cameron Newton arrested for stealing laptop, suspended from team

Maybe we can 'run this one outa town' before he even takes a snap - then, at least hopefully, we won't have to put up with 4 more months of - "OMFG the Bills just gotta draft Cam Newton, he's gonna be so effing GREAT" threads! :rolleyes:

Edited by The Senator

His coach had that opportunity last year and turned it down.

If you are referring to the Buffalo job then it is obvious that he didn't consider that job as a good opportunity and a step forward in his career. I can't fault his judgment on being hesitant to work for Mr. Ralph in his dysfunctional organization.

Which "bigger job" will he leave one of the richest universities with a top DivI football program (that he built) for?

There was a lot of speculation that if Rich Rodriguez at Michigan was fired he would be a prime candidate for that more lucrative job and more football prominent program at his alma mater.

What NFL team will he coach for?

At this point no one knows what positions will be open. He certainly would be a more appealing candidate than a retread HC such as Chan Gailey.

The current CBA expires before the draft. Unless you are anticipating a strike or lockout there will be a new CBA in place before the draft--which will likely have a rookie cap.

At this point one can't say when a new CBA will be negotiated and whether it goes into effect next year or the year after. How the CBA turns out and when it is settled brings up a lot of unanswered questions and issues about next year? Will it induce more players to come out earlier? Who knows?

His coach had that opportunity last year and turned it down.

Which "bigger job" will he leave one of the richest universities with a top DivI football program (that he built) for?

What NFL team will he coach for?

The current CBA expires before the draft. Unless you are anticipating a strike or lockout there will be a new CBA in place before the draft--which will likely have a rookie cap.

Two jobs to consider Mic higan and the 49ers

as for rookie cap , most thing even with new cba there will not be a rookie scale next year

he is coming out

as for Newton he is a faster verison with a stronger arm the jesus's favortie qb tim teabag , so there is little doubt he goes late first or high second

Leave $20-30 million on the table? Bradford got 50 million guaranteed money last year. Expect him to get around $55+ gauranteed money. It would be a naive move to pass that up. In effect, one would never have to worry about money ever again. I really don't think anybody on this board can actually understand how this would feel and how it would change our lives.

to clarify by saying 20-30 i was assuming even with a rookie wage scale the first pick is still goint to get 20-30 million

..and San Fran and Jax and Chicago and Minnesota.......

Don't think it will matter to the guy.

if he goes to s.f that could open up a oppurtunity for Luckj to push to go there. FIGURE at worst s.f pick between 4-8 . Either way this is going to be a crazy offseason

..and San Fran and Jax and Chicago and Minnesota.......

Don't think it will matter to the guy.

Sorry but there is a BIG difference between coaching the Cowboys compared to other HC vacancies.

And money talks , and Jerry Jones has a ton of it , and he will be desperate after this years epic failure to land the "hottest" coach , even though I'm not sure Harbaugh fits the bill.

Sorry but there is a BIG difference between coaching the Cowboys compared to other HC vacancies.

And money talks , and Jerry Jones has a ton of it , and he will be desperate after this years epic failure to land the "hottest" coach , even though I'm not sure Harbaugh fits the bill.

I would think that JJ - given the Tony Romo situation - would be raiding the Packers P.S. for Texas-native...

...and, in seeking for the 'hottest' coach, would look no further than...

B-)

So astro you mentioned jj watt took a big jump... where is he projected now the few games I've seen him he dominated the line of scrimmage no matter where he lines up also does he project as a 34 end or 43 tackle better? this is one of the players ill be watching throughout the draft process so any info would be appreciated