Waiver Wire Loss !!

T master

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE THE 49ers!!! They're just a bit shittier than we are and are able to get the LB's we want/need just ahead of us!!! Remember Patrick Willis? Damn, how much different could our D look with him in there?

Do we know for sure the Bills had top priority? I keep seeing posts that its last year's record they go by?

PTR

I googled his name and it said the 49ers picked him up off waivers --- i'm just posting what i read !!!

Do we know for sure the Bills had top priority? I keep seeing posts that its last year's record they go by?

PTR

Bills had 1st crack at him. It only goes by last years record until the trade deadline. They didnt put in a claim for him, or he would be wearing red white and blue. like another poster said, I wonder why he was cut. You would think whaley would be able to get some inside info. Maybe he is a 4th rd version of Maybin

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/49ers-claim-thaddeus-gibson-off-waivers/

Apparently we didn't even try to make a play for him??

This pretty hard to swallow considering would have been him instead of McCargo. I have no idea who this guy is, but if he was even on the Stillers practice squad as a LB, he prolly better than what we have.

Here's what da paper said:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10305/1099868-100.stm

Highlight: Only the Eagles and the Niners submitted claims.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10305/1099796-66.stm

Highlight: "Linebacker is our deepest position," said coach Mike Tomlin on the team's website, "and [Gibson] is the low man on the totem pole, so we had to make that necessary move. We were thin at defensive line. It's just one of the casualties of this profession. It's very much a reality, and that's why we don't take what we're doing here for granted and we acknowledge that it's precious."

Did the Bills make any other Waiver transactions during the year? If so, they may have dropped back to the end of the line, unless it continually updates each week.

No the are first in line until they are no longer the worst team in the league. They can claim every person who is on waivers. Someone better get an answer from Buddy why this guy could not help us.

PTR

i think your right (not 100% sure)about it going by last years records, if thats the case it put us at #9 and san fran was #13 which in theory gave us a shot at him. (san fran claimed him by the way)....so we did :censored: this up!!!!!!

whats up with gailey saying "we are always looking for ways to way to improve this team?"

Edited by DUFF