Cutting Bobby Shaw

Anyone else think that move might've been a Mularkey stroke of genius? Since that time the Bills have been on their roll. I think it sent a message to this team, and Gregg Williams wouldn't have had the ball to do it.

BTW - In Shaw's 7 weeks since joining the Chargers, he's only been active for 2 games (inactive the last 3) - and has no catches in those games.

Getting hit in the back with passes on hot reads, not once, but twice, was a vivid display of a lack of preparation and concentration. GW tolerated stevestojan like this during his realm so did Wade...MM appears very unlikely to follow that path. Its a difference in styles.

Surprisingly MM is probably more of a "players coach" if you measure players respecting his opinion because he spent 9 years in the league.

In fact, if you analyze it, coaches that demand and expect performance and deliver consequences when performance is sub-par are often viewed more as "players coaches" than guys like GW who stand up every week and bemoan execution to the media but do nothing about it in the locker room.

Getting hit in the back with passes on hot reads, not once, but twice, was a vivid display of a lack of preparation and concentration.  GW tolerated stevestojan like this during his realm so did Wade...MM appears very unlikely to follow that path.  Its a difference in styles.

Surprisingly MM is probably more of a "players coach" if you measure players respecting the opinion of him because he spent 9 years in the league. 

In fact, if you analyze it, coaches that demand and expect performance and deliver consequences when performance is sub-par are often viewed more as "players coaches" than guys like GW who stand up every week and bemoan execution to the media but do nothing about it in the locker room.

152858[/snapback]

Well put Joef, that is how I see it as well. Also , I have noticed a vast overall improvement in the blocking efforts of our WR corps since that very date. It's actually hard to NOT notice it now in reality, like Aiken's block that led the way for EM's touchdown in Miami. Honestly, I haven't seen this much blocking effort from the WR's on a Bills team in a long time....

So, it was ALL BOBBY SHAW'S FAULT?  Who knew?

152870[/snapback]

LOL Mad. Now all we have to do is get rid of that poisinus bastard Luke Lawton on the practice squad and we got the Super Bowl locked.

So, it was ALL BOBBY SHAW'S FAULT?  Who knew?

152870[/snapback]

:blush: Bobby Shaw is the root of all evil.... <_< He and David Hasselhoff....can't believe they made him a hero in the spongebob movie..

David = Anti-Christ

Seriously--Shaw's !@#$-ups were visible, MM had cut him before, he was competing at a position where we are deep with equal or better talent--that is not a recipe for longevity in the world of MM...

Uhm, I miss Shaw, I thought of him a lot, especially when Reed was hurt, I'm glad Aiken is good enough to step in (something I'm sure MM knew he could do).

Turning point....... no

How can anything but the presence of McGahee be the turning point of our season. You must be outa your gord.

How can anything but the presence of McGahee be the turning point of our season. You must be outa your gord.

152937[/snapback]

Because it's not the case. There are a variety of factors, including the return of Lawyer Milloy (at LEAST equal to WM's emergence), the gelling of the offensive line, the comfort with the system, the return of special teams excellence to Buffalo, the change in philosphy on the use of Sam Adams, etc.

There isn't one cause. It's a combination of many and Shaw's mediocrity and the subsequent message sent by the new staff was definately received.

:D  Bobby Shaw is the root of all evil.... :D  He and David Hasselhoff....can't believe they made him a hero in the spongebob movie..

David = Anti-Christ

Seriously--Shaw's !@#$-ups were visible, MM had cut him before, he was competing at a position where we are deep with equal or better talent--that is not a recipe for longevity in the world of MM...

152879[/snapback]

Holy Cow! Who knew. Rearrange the letters in his name and you get...............gasp..................Fad of Devils Hash!................gasp...................be afraid, be very afraid.

Huh???

Up until this week Reed has been injured & out.  This past week, he managed to catch 2 balls and then back to his old self dropping one that was catchable.

152932[/snapback]

His "drop" would have been a tough catch, and I believe the DB got a hand on it or at least in the way to disrupt the attempt.

the turning point for me was when Drew Bledsoe called out his recievers for dropping passes and lineman for counting 1 M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I.

153133[/snapback]

Judging by the early sack totals, they were standing straight up with a befuddled look on their faces and using their fingers to spell that out.

holy crap, i totally had forgotten about bobby shaw...  You can see that he doesn't really fit the "team" mold that we currently have.  also, he's simply not needed with the emergence of reed and steady moulds.

152847[/snapback]

When and from where did Reed emerge :-) In fact he has been inactive

for the last few games due to a knee injury....

May be u meant Evans...