this is to die hard 1967

b-unit

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you take the time to report it?

I guess I was the first to respond to the idiot, and probably should have reported what I thought was really an a-hole post, but somehow don't feel it's my place to police the board. And now, of course, I'm sorry I didn't report it.

I guess if we want TSW to retain the high quality it's always been known for, we kind of have to 'self-police' the place from time-to-time - or at least institute a 'Neighborhood Watch'.

To paraphrase the Paladino campaign, 'Help Scott Take Out the Trash!' B-)

I am new to the board and I didn't realize we had a former Bill on this website. If this is true then Mr Wonderful is a complete idiot!:doh:

Hey Mr. Wonderful, you're a low class, no brained jerk.I suppose you think you're clever and cool and, you're no doubt clueless to the point where you're probably impressed w/ yourself.

Since you guys are new, I'll fill you in. This board gets a bunch of realyl great posters - former Bills, local and national sports writers - who have been or are on the verge of leaving because of the few posters who feel the need to call these people out in a very immature and ugly way. In most cases it's the constant berating by these posters that forces the good ones to leave. Hopefully if qwe get mroe respectful posters, who will denounce these idiots, our insiders will come back.

And yeah, Mr. Wonderful < Dick Jauran. :bag:

You are right, I was wrong to come back. I got alot of PM and I tried to answer a few questions for the guys.

I for one appreciate your insight and posts. Players do deserve a bit more respect sometimes but there are also some players out there who deserve the criticism they get. I don't think the personal insults count as criticism though :)

I was a Defensive linemen and I decided to hold out for the big money.....

3 year deal $63,000 with a $2000 signing bonus. :w00t:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Was it written on a napkin? Or just a handshake?

There is a big red exclamation point under ever post on the left that says "Report".

LOL !

It would be nice if you would live up to your alias and quit posting crap. We're a better board with Die Hard and I for one am glad he's back and will add you to my don't bother reading list.

Not to worry posters like this idiot will not be happy until they have driven off every media, player, that might post here by making it a personal thing.

Some people have such a fricken complex...."you are not better then me just because you might know more"

To you out there (and you know who you are) stop going out of your way to attack posters who the rest of us find valuable to the board.

Someone really needs to teach Die Hard how to use the ignore user feature.

It is a useful tool, but I wish I didn't have to use it. A about a year ago, or so, I finally got fed up and put a couple of idiots on my 'Ignored Users' list - not because personal attacks bother me (they don't) but because their opinions and comments were either so negative, cynical, and/or ignorant that I just didn't even want to see them.

The recent influx of new troll-like TSW members, with nothing positive or constructive to bring to the forum, has expanded my 'ignore' list to over a dozen (and growing daily) useless posters.

'Help Scott Take Out the Trash!'

GO BILLSSS!!!!

14 and 6 baby!!!! B-)

I used this inflation calculator to determine the value of Die Hard's contract. $63,000 in 1967 was worth $412,000 today. In today's dollars, he was making $137,000 per year.

This is cool info Edward's Arm. I was trying to figure it out myself but you saved me the effort. With that contract Die Hard wasn't exactly starving, but considering the health hazards of the game he should have been paid quite a bit more. The game sure has changed.

This inflation calculator is awesome.

Edited by Pilsner

Howard Kindig number 67; played both offensive and defensive line.

I said this a couple months ago that Kindig is my iron-clad best guess. :)

I have his card in my collection too, got it a looooooong time ago, like 20 years ago. I can't wait to find out the answer to this Watergate-esque mystery!