Wade Phillips

I think when Wade get's fired in Big D Ralph should call him him and make up, then bring him back as our D coordinator.

Wade is one of the best defensive minds when not the leader of a whole team.

Never happen, but would immediately improve our defense.

That would be a hilarious phone call.

Ring, ring... "Hello?"

"Hello, Wade? This is Ralph Wilson."

Click.

Not Ralph's modus operandi, but I say we offer Marvin Lewis the difference in the money we pay Gailey and what we offered Shanny and Cowher :unsure:<_<:angry: Seems to me ole Marvin gunna be out of there this year unless they do something dramatic and make the playoffs. Ralph paying same amount as he told us they were willing to pay coach last year.

Ralph: "Wade... We need a new defensive coordinator."

Wade: "Ralph, we didn't leave on the best of terms. In fact, you stole from me and I sued you."

Ralph: "I'm 92, I forget everything, there are only 32 of these jobs in the world, here is half a schitload of money."

Wade: "I love Buffalo. Where do I sign?"

Wade: "Ralph, we didn't leave on the best of terms. In fact, you stole from me and I sued you."

Ralph: "I'm 92, I forget everything, there are only 32 of these jobs in the world, here is half a schitload of money."

I wouldn't mind that conversation at all. In a previous thread, I had mentioned hoping that Dallas keeps losing (besides for the usual Cowboy-hate reasons) so that Wade gets fired and we have a chance to get him. I think he will be great as a pure DC. If Nix agrees, he can probably mend the fence between RW and WP. Boy Wade and Bruce DeHaven both back with Gailey as OC - throw in a bit of talent and we are good to go for years. That should be the most formidable combination of coaches in the league.

I would love to see Wade come back. Ralph, being 92, may not remember all the details of the past but I honestly don't see it happening.

I would love to see Wade come back. Ralph, being 92, may not remember all the details of the past but I honestly don't see it happening.

I don't really see it happening either. I'd like to see it. My point was only that I doubt Wade would really care now. If it was a good job, he didn't get obviously much better offers, and he liked Chan and Buddy Nix (which he probably does), I doubt the old bad blood would stop him from accepting it.

If they could hire Wade as the defensive coordinator, I think they should. He was a good coach with the Bills, especially considering who they have had since then. The defense was one of the best when he was around. It would definitely be an improvement.

I don't think it would happen, but it would not be a bad hire.