Stevie Johnson Since Fitz has been in...

Big Turk

If you extrapolate Stevie johnson's stats over the year in the 4 games Fitz has started he would have 76 catches, 1204 yards and 20 TDs...

dude is constantly open and pretty slippery in the open field, and Fitzpatrick called him the best WR he has ever played with in the redzone at getting space to work with...pretty high praise considering he played with Ocho Cinco and Houshmenzadeh in Cincy...

Dude ain't gonna get 20 TD's but I can see him getting 12 this year and a 1000 yards to boot...

looks like we might be able to scratch WR off the need list..

Edited by matter2003

If you extrapolate Stevie johnson's stats over the year in the 4 games Fitz has started he would have 76 catches, 1204 yards and 20 TDs...

dude is constantly open and pretty slippery in the open field, and Fitzpatrick called him the best WR he has ever played with in the redzone at getting space to work with...pretty high praise considering he played with Ocho Cinco and Houshmenzadeh in Cincy...

Dude ain't gonna get 20 TD's but I can see him getting 12 this year and a 1000 yards to boot...

looks like we might be able to scratch WR off the need list..

While Steve has had some numbers of late, I believe David Nelson will make the better #2. One things for sure, our WR's sure look better when they have a QB willing and able to throw to them (one last knock on the checkdown King Trentative...).

My biggest issue with Johnson is his need for theatrics when he thinks he made a good play. He's already cost his team in other games because of it, and a veteran player or coach sholud pull him aside and address it. JOhnson is a 3rd year WR in the NFL who hasn't accomplished much. Like Levy used to say, and I'm paraphrasing here, it's the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I had a lot of problems with Johnson's play in the first few games, but since he was demoted, and with Fitz in there (and now sharing time as #2 with Roscoe) he has been excellent. He was superb today all around. Fitz obviously has a lot of confidence in him and Stevie is simply making a lot of plays. The Evans, Parrish, Johnson trio seems efficient right now. It makes a world of difference that Fitzpatrick is willing to put the ball up and down the field and let his receivers try to make plays. Evans as much as Johnson and Parrish are huge beneficiaries of a quarterback willing to throw the ball downfield. It's an enormous difference.

This was the first great game I've seen from Johnson this year. Again, let's see him keep that up before we crown him. He still has some growing up to do.

PTR

All I know is it seems we have some decent depth at WR. With that said, we'll be taking A.J. Green or Julio Jones with the #1 pick.

Fitz said in presser after game: "Steve's been my guy since I came to Buffalo, glad to see it out on the field finally."

And Chan talked about them getting on the same page w/ Steve's "subtle" moves that work well when done in time w/ the qb...

Passing game looks great.

Fitz said in presser after game: "Steve's been my guy since I came to Buffalo, glad to see it out on the field finally."

And Chan talked about them getting on the same page w/ Steve's "subtle" moves that work well when done in time w/ the qb...

Passing game looks great.

Did you watch Stevie's press conference after the game? He is officially my favorite player after that - this dude fired me up.

While Steve has had some numbers of late, I believe David Nelson will make the better #2. One things for sure, our WR's sure look better when they have a QB willing and able to throw to them (one last knock on the checkdown King Trentative...).

Fitz also finds guys who are open even if they aren't the first read. Johnson said in the post game that he wasn't the first option on his TD. Fitz is smart QB, no doubt, sure is tough enough too. Just seems that every so often, he throws some balls that just have you scratching your head. If he can reduce those to a more manageable level, he could be our guy. I remember when the Chargers drafted Rivers and then Brees had a great year when Rivers held out and the Chargers had a very hard decision to make. Maybe we are going to get lucky and find our guy before we take a top QB in the draft. Maybe. Jeez, that would be sweet. And we are overdue, loooooong overdue for some luck.

I am just loving our wide receivers as a whole....Evans, Johnston, Parrish, Nelson

Now get a Tight End that can block and get open for first downs and we will have something. Nelson can catch but his blocking is subject.....Martin can block but cant seem to get open.

Amen to that. A loss sux but I gotta say, that was worth watching, I practically bit my nails down to the knuckles and gave the kids a permature lesson in the artful use of obscene language.

My biggest issue with Johnson is his need for theatrics when he thinks he made a good play. He's already cost his team in other games because of it, and a veteran player or coach sholud pull him aside and address it. JOhnson is a 3rd year WR in the NFL who hasn't accomplished much. Like Levy used to say, and I'm paraphrasing here, it's the endzone, act like you've been there before.

He ripped that off from Jim Brown, BTY.

He ripped that off from Jim Brown, BTY.

Does it really matter who said it first?

What matters is the point of what I said, which is a veteran player should tell Johnson to cut down on the theatrics before he costs the team again.