If Fitz keeps playing like this?

If Fitz keeps his play up?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bills draft a QB in the 1st round next year IF Fitz plays likem this all year?

• Yes, definately?
    • Maybe, in the second if someone falls to us?
    • No way Fitz for the Future!

Fitzpatrick is no playoff QB. It is just a matter of Gailey's offense. Sure, we could put together a terrific defense and win with a mediocre offense, but if we want a great offense, then we need a top Qb - and, I think that is the hardest position to fill, so if we get the chance to finally draft a franchise caliber Qb then we've got to do it. Spend the rest of the draft on defense, get a linemen in F.A. Sounds like a plan.

Best player overall......no running backs and no "projects". whoever can step up and be dominant thats who we need.

hopefully that turns out to be a position of need (shouldn't be hard...cant think of one position where we couldn't use improvement). i don't mean that in a negative way, and im not saying our team is terrible, we just have very few guys who other teams have to "gameplan around". so if the best available is a db (he better be the next revis) i think we have to take him. hopefully its a LT,QB,LB, or DE

Best player overall......no running backs and no "projects". whoever can step up and be dominant thats who we need.

hopefully that turns out to be a position of need (shouldn't be hard...cant think of one position where we couldn't use improvement). i don't mean that in a negative way, and im not saying our team is terrible, we just have very few guys who other teams have to "gameplan around". so if the best available is a db (he better be the next revis) i think we have to take him. hopefully its a LT,QB,LB, or DE

+1-Who knows who is coming out and who isn't. The Bills have 10 games left and Fitz will be given every opportunity to show he is a high level starter. I am a BPA (within reason) kinda guy.

if he's playing this well the rest of the way it would be hard to bench him for a rookie. Crazy, in fact.

yeah, stupid in fact

but the question isnt whether to bench him for a rook, its whether to bother drafting a qb at all

fitz currently has probowl caliber numbers, so if he can manage to do that all season he will have officially arrived as a bonafide starting qb. then it makes no sense to use a first rounder on a qb - any other round fine, but you dont invest your most valuable pick when you feel your qb solution is already on the team

of course thats a huge if right now, and frankly i expect the fitz-the-perfect-backup to return here sooner or later. but if not then you take a shot at drafting the next bruce or andre or shane

good luck, it's pretty hard to get out of the first pick.

Exactly. If there is a franchise type HOF player available then you draft him. If there isn't, then who would want the 1st overall pick with the giant salary? If the Bills don't see anyone worth drafting, with all of their needs, then odds are no one else will either.

Edited by vincec

trade overall 1st pick to get more picks and load up on LBs and DL

DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! :thumbsup: DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEFENSE! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

yeah, stupid in fact

but the question isnt whether to bench him for a rook, its whether to bother drafting a qb at all

fitz currently has probowl caliber numbers, so if he can manage to do that all season he will have officially arrived as a bonafide starting qb. then it makes no sense to use a first rounder on a qb - any other round fine, but you dont invest your most valuable pick when you feel your qb solution is already on the team

of course thats a huge if right now, and frankly i expect the fitz-the-perfect-backup to return here sooner or later. but if not then you take a shot at drafting the next bruce or andre or shane

Like I said it's too soon to declare anything about Fitz, but the Bills have many holes to fill besides QB. If Fitz is racking up TD's then you have to think maybe he can do the job. Then you have the luxury of perhaps trading down, assuming you can get a partner.

PTR

Fitzpatrick is no playoff QB. It is just a matter of Gailey's offense. Sure, we could put together a terrific defense and win with a mediocre offense, but if we want a great offense, then we need a top Qb - and, I think that is the hardest position to fill, so if we get the chance to finally draft a franchise caliber Qb then we've got to do it. Spend the rest of the draft on defense, get a linemen in F.A. Sounds like a plan.

That's a joke, right?

This is a joke too right?

Edited by Talley56

In the last few games we are putting up 30 points a game. At least two of them, the Jets and the Ravens, are known to be two of the very best defenses in the game. IF, and it may be a big IF, Fitz continues to move the ball and put 30 points on the board, it's hard to imagine that QB is the biggest problem on this team. Right now, it surely doesn't seem or look so. If soon he is not putting 30 points a game on the board then sure, it's legitimate to think that QB is a major issue. Right now, however, I can think of six more important positions to fill.

if it's a DB I think you take the second BPA