Dolphins got SCREWED

stevestojan

The blowfish got screwed? Who cares. The whole nation has been getting a major screwing the last 21 months and you're worried about the fishheads?

Get a friggen life.

21 months and eight years, maybe.

The announcers seem to be saying that they made the right call according to the rules. If that's true, the rules need to be changed.

Edited by Thurman#1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big ben is the luckiest rapist in history

and btw, im an independent, i voted for a republican last presidential election

and i find it tragically hysterical that anyone can label obama as a disaster when contrasted against literally and easily the single worst president we ever had just prior

Edited by Meathead

New?? Did you miss Super Bowl 40?

You're right...I forgot all about that... :oops:

Superbowl's have lost a lot of meaning to me over the years...I used to be able to name who won every year, but being a Bills fan and seeing what we've had the last decade has well...caused me not to care about football enough to remember...

21 months and eight years, maybe.

The announcers seem to be saying that they made the right call according to the rules. If that's true, the rules need to be changed.

What can they change? We've seen it a million times where the guy who falls on the ball first doesn't every actually get possession of the ball. It was pretty clear from the replay that no one fell directly on that ball. Once you signal something like that a TD, the Steeler players in the pile are going to stop fighting for the ball, so it means nothing that a Dolphin walked away with it. The correct call was made based on the review. If people want to complain, they should complain about it originally being called a TD on the field, not about the replay.

What can they change? We've seen it a million times where the guy who falls on the ball first doesn't every actually get possession of the ball. It was pretty clear from the replay that no one fell directly on that ball. Once you signal something like that a TD, the Steeler players in the pile are going to stop fighting for the ball, so it means nothing that a Dolphin walked away with it. The correct call was made based on the review. If people want to complain, they should complain about it originally being called a TD on the field, not about the replay.

I thought it was pretty clear that players from both teams went for the ball and the Dolphin player came out with it, but you have a good point. Once the ref signals TD, that is akin to blowing the whistle, so the solution is to not signal a TD when you can't actually see the ball.

I think this thread is funny, I know many of ya'lls tendencies enough to know your true feelings on this. Many of you are more pure fans of the game and the sport than anti-Fins. I know it runs deeper for some of you, but bad officiating is hurting the NFL's product.

Whether they signal TD or not, they have to make a call- almost impossible to get that one right- no telling how many times the ball changed hands in there.

Since when does that matter? The guy who comes out of the pile with the ball wins. Isn't that how it works 99.9% of the time on a fumble?

I think this thread is funny, I know many of ya'lls tendencies enough to know your true feelings on this. Many of you are more pure fans of the game and the sport than anti-Fins. I know it runs deeper for some of you, but bad officiating is hurting the NFL's product.

Exactly.

Thank you. That was essentially the point of my post - you just said it more succinctly.

Either the officials are becoming exponentially more incompetent or games are fixed. I'm not even sure how the side judge ruled TD, initially. It was fairly obvious that the ball was coming out. Then to say you're not sure who had the ball, when the Dolphin player clearly gets up with the ball. In the Bills game they don't call a whistle on the Nelson play and allow a defenseless player to be held up, off the ground, until he's stripped. in the Fin game, they end the play in the middle of a fumble. So which is it... play until you hear a whistle or not? The inconsistencies and subjective nature of so many of today's penalties should alarm any fan of the game.

My buddy, who's a Fin fan, was texting me throughout the game. He was flipping over to the Bills game. I flipped over to the Fin game just in time to see that the last of that series. Talk about a complete screw job! I told him at the time, the Refs would find a way to give it back to the Steelers because they're supposed to win. Sure enough we get the... we don't really know who got it so what the hey, let's give it to who's supposed to win anyway.

Seriously, it's so hard not to believe the NFL is fixed sometimes when you see calls like that. It was blatantly obvious what the right call was, and there goes the Ref completely blowing it. Either he was on the take or he's completely incompetent. Either way he shouldn't be involved with another game.

Two of the officials are from Pittsburgh, I think that they mentioned on the telecast that one was. I personnaly know

the head of the officiating crew for that game, he is from my city, which is a Pittsburgh suburb, he was the one giving the

explanation, and I know what he said, but here is what I heard, listen folks, I know it looked like a fumble, and it sure

was one, but because I don't even know what I am doing here, and can't see past my hand, and the fact that I am from Pittsburgh, we thought that the right thing to do, would be to give them the ball back, so screw all of you.

This is not his, or his crews first fax paux either. Why the hell would they have a crew with members predominantly from one of the Cities playing, is beyond me, just another example of the NFL thumbing their noses at evryone. After all, what is

the recourse, if they were found to be fixing. Spygate anyone?

Either the officials are becoming exponentially more incompetent or games are fixed.

My $.2:

This is a product of a more critical eye being cast upon the game but not by the media but by the gans. In the grand scheme of things it is a lot easier to not call something and say you missed it than it is to call something and have it not have existed. The irony is that in the last two years ESPN and NFLN have been extremely lax on their viewpoints in what is going on. Schlereth came off as a complete nut job hung out to dry on ESPN when the anchors and other cast just let him rant on.

The NFL has pulled it's focus off quality and put it on safety and image. This is not only true in officiating but in the level of the players. Never before have I noticed such a gap between the top players and the bottom. The bottom tier players have not improved on pace with the top tier players. This, in my opinion, is due to teams not keeping veterans around who can produce, the Not-For-Long league demands 3 years to succeed.

Two examples of the Not-For-Long league are Aaron Maybin and Fred Jackson. Fred Jackson took years to improve to where he is a servicable back through playing time and practice. Aaron Maybin has received only practice time and has not had a chance to improve his play making ability. He is a superior athlete, anyone who has seen him play cannot deny this. The two things he lacks is strength and experience. This is why the UFL needs to be embraced. It can help players build up their ability and I dare argue that the NFL has lost a great deal of quality since NFL Europa.

Thank you. That was essentially the point of my post - you just said it more succinctly.

Either the officials are becoming exponentially more incompetent or games are fixed. I'm not even sure how the side judge ruled TD, initially. It was fairly obvious that the ball was coming out. Then to say you're not sure who had the ball, when the Dolphin player clearly gets up with the ball. In the Bills game they don't call a whistle on the Nelson play and allow a defenseless player to be held up, off the ground, until he's stripped. in the Fin game, they end the play in the middle of a fumble. So which is it... play until you hear a whistle or not? The inconsistencies and subjective nature of so many of today's penalties should alarm any fan of the game.

Some of you will say that I am full of shti, but that is exactly the same way that Leodis lost the ball in the first

game of the season last year, just complete BS.

Some of you will say that I am full of shti, but that is exactly the same way that Leodis lost the ball in the first

game of the season last year, just complete BS.

Correct! And just a few years ago there was balking because we wanted to let the officials finish the play. Now they are doing that for the WR's and RB's but calling it quick for the QB's. With concusions being a major part of discussion today and the recent influx of bad calls I see the whistles coming faster.

I would love for someone find out how many fumbles across the league there has been the last 2 years compared to 98-00. Maybe between there.

My $.2:

This is a product of a more critical eye being cast upon the game but not by the media but by the gans. In the grand scheme of things it is a lot easier to not call something and say you missed it than it is to call something and have it not have existed. The irony is that in the last two years ESPN and NFLN have been extremely lax on their viewpoints in what is going on. Schlereth came off as a complete nut job hung out to dry on ESPN when the anchors and other cast just let him rant on.

It's almost the best part of a completely blown call like that... watching all the talking heads go to all sorts of great lengths to defend what was so blatantly wrong. Just once, I'd like to hear someone come out and say... the Refs got it wrong and should be disciplined.

GOOD. It should be the pats. How many times have we gotten screwed over the years????? And bet your a*s that if yesterday it was our D standing up Heap and Poz ripping the ball out of his hands and the call went in our favor it wouldve been all over espn that the ravens got screwed...........

I can only guess you have watched football for a very short period of time. Do you think all the games in the 70s, 80s, 90s where called perfectly and there was never a controversy? Back then we got one or two replays from the network during the game and that was it. No one at home watching a replay on DVD over and over, analyzing every play to nearest inch, no 24 hour ESPN fanning the flames, no Internet analysts looking for something to write about.

Yes there were LOTS of blown calls. They just weren't analyzed to death.

The games are fixed? Have ever thought how many people would have to be involved in that?? Do you really think the NFL would risk destroying its reputation so Pittsburgh would win a regular season game over Miami?

Edited by Jim in Anchorage