Bills situation beyond hope

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of that list of 9, the only thing that holds up to me is 3. Well, 5 too, but since it was the past regime it doesn't really match the rest of the article.

The past regime is the current regime. A couple of deck chairs have been moved but the same clowns are running the show.

As the players fail on the field, the fans get disgusted. How did the players arrive in Buffalo? The administration hand picked them...current and past administrations. Since the new administration is doing worst than the past one and the current players are not playing worth a damn...there is only one solution...

FIRE THEM ALL...INCLUDING WILSON...AND START OVER.

With what, I'll be damn if I know. There are a lot of experts on this web site...some with over 25,000 term papers who know more than everyone.

The Jags and Panthers made the championship games their 2nd year...START OVER!!!

When Buddy Nix was introduced & I heard him speak for the first time, I literally laughed out loud. I couldn't believe that someone so hokey could end up as a GM of an NFL franchise. I thought, "Is Ralph going deaf? This guy's not too smart...we're doomed." Then within minutes Buddy confirmed my thought by informing everybody that he's not the smartest guy in the room, and now he's comfirming his own statement with his decisions. So ok...our problem was we didn't have a "football guy" pulling the strings. So now we have a dumb football guy pulling the strings. In two or three years, after we've won a half dozen games or so, if Ralph is still alive, maybe he'll figure it out & hire a smart football guy...but I'm not holding my breath. It's pretty pitiful when our most enjoyable chats on this board are BEFORE Labor Day...when there's hope.

I guess if there were any homers left, Adam Schein would be target #1 for them now.

Maybe it'll take an 0-16 before some fans wake up and recognize that the entire organization is really messed up and almost beyond repair without better ownership who want to win AND profit.

I will go on the record right now & state that if the Bills win tomorrow, I will drive my lawn mower cross country waving a Bills flag...wearing only a pair of Buffalo Bills jockey shorts. And honestly, I'm a pretty busy guy & don't have time for that. That's how certain I am that the "Any Given Sunday" chant doesn't apply here. I hate to say this...& you didn't hear it from me, but at least under Dicky J we felt like we had a chance to win.

Adam is 100% dead on. I know homers want to continue to suck down the koolaid and all is good in the world now that Ralph has said he is sorry, but FACTS are this is the worst franchise in the NFL. the Bills are hands down the laughing stock of the NFL and until Ralph is gone and the entire front office and about 70% of the current players sent packing, this thing has no chance of turning around.

Adam is 100% dead on. I know homers want to continue to suck down the koolaid and all is good in the world now that Ralph has said he is sorry, but FACTS are this is the worst franchise in the NFL. the Bills are hands down the laughing stock of the NFL and until Ralph is gone and the entire front office and about 70% of the current players sent packing, this thing has no chance of turning around.

And Darth, until that happens, there's no sense in even cheering for the #1 draft pick, 'cause this bunch would blow it.

When Buddy Nix was introduced & I heard him speak for the first time, I literally laughed out loud. I couldn't believe that someone so hokey could end up as a GM of an NFL franchise. I thought, "Is Ralph going deaf? This guy's not too smart...we're doomed." Then within minutes Buddy confirmed my thought by informing everybody that he's not the smartest guy in the room, and now he's comfirming his own statement with his decisions. So ok...our problem was we didn't have a "football guy" pulling the strings. So now we have a dumb football guy pulling the strings. In two or three years, after we've won a half dozen games or so, if Ralph is still alive, maybe he'll figure it out & hire a smart football guy...but I'm not holding my breath. It's pretty pitiful when our most enjoyable chats on this board are BEFORE Labor Day...when there's hope.

This is just it... it is comical that after a decade of plummeting into obscurity, the fans are being sold on good ol' boy Buddy Nix as the savior. There is a reason the guy is 70+ and never had a GM opportunity prior. Just when you think it can't possibly get any worse... voila!

A fan of the Buffalo fan, I like that! :flirt:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-hapless-and-hopeless-102210

The article is dead on. Bulger blows I'd rather have Fitzy but why bother nit pick.

The worst part is there is nothing that can be done.

No changes can be made.

Goodell can't kick Ralph Wilson out of the Bills ownership.

And odds are extremely high that an owner that is willing to invest 900 Mil in a pro football team is going to want to relocate the team in an area that will get reap the fastest rewards.

Its life in limbo.

Unless the article is wrong. Nix is a shrewd GM and the team's defense jells after switching back to 4-3 and the Bills rip off some wins.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

And Darth, until that happens, there's no sense in even cheering for the #1 draft pick, 'cause this bunch would blow it.

Of course they would...I mean look at what they did with the recent #9 they wasted...

The proof is in the pudding...right below your post in your signature! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Is he that stupid?!

8/28/2010 - C.J. Spiller: "I like the direction we are going. If we can stay healthy, we can be a very explosive team. We can be one of the best in the NFL, if not The Best.. The main thing is staying healthy and staying humble."

Edited by Wilson from Gamehendge

The sad part of the article is that it is 100% dead on. The Bills are at the lowest part of there history right now. :wallbash:

Yep, Schein hit it out of the park.

My favorite line:

I would love for Roger Goodell, who certainly has enough on his plate, to consider stepping in to save the team.

Please, PLEASE kick Ralph out of the league! :worthy:

Yep, Schein hit it out of the park.

My favorite line:

Please, PLEASE kick Ralph out of the league! :worthy:

I'm really curious as to how that would actually work. I mean, is there really any way that Goodell could step in and kick out Ralph??? Or at least a legitimate one.

Of course they would...I mean look at what they did with the recent #9 they wasted...

The proof is in the pudding...right below your post in your signature! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Is he that stupid?!

8/28/2010 - C.J. Spiller: "I like the direction we are going. If we can stay healthy, we can be a very explosive team. We can be one of the best in the NFL, if not The Best.. The main thing is staying healthy and staying humble."

It was wasted because it was a luxury pick...& bottom feeders can't afford luxury picks. We had too many needs to fill, & running back wasn't one of them. With that said, I like this kid...too bad Gailey is not getting him the ball more. I can't belive how relatively few touches he's had.

I'm really curious as to how that would actually work. I mean, is there really any way that Goodell could step in and kick out Ralph??? Or at least a legitimate one.

If I remember right, in the 80's, the NBA kicked the Cavaliers owner out for mismanagement, & then gave the new ownership a bunch of extra #1 draft picks to make up for the clown. This plan would work for me, make it so Goodell! :thumbsup:

The only premise the league has is that Ralph, through his clueless mismanagement, is killing all interest in the sport and the NFL in particular. That may be the case in the western NY, southern Ontario market, but it's more likely that football fans will just gravitate towards other NFL teams. Ralph is 92.

The only premise the league has is that Ralph, through his clueless mismanagement, is killing all interest in the sport and the NFL in particular. That may be the case in the western NY, southern Ontario market, but it's more likely that football fans will just gravitate towards other NFL teams. Ralph is 92.

Which is why he has no business being in the HOF either. Kick him out of the league, and kick him out of Canton. That's a win-win.

Which is why he has no business being in the HOF either. Kick him out of the league, and kick him out of Canton. That's a win-win.

Kicking him out of Canton is a little extreme Rico...& if all the incompetent business owners in this country were forced to resign, there would be a giant sucking sound in the universe as they depart. Face it man, we have no choice but to endure. With that said, I believe in supply & demand. If people quit buying tickets, somethng would have to give. Our new mantra should be "Boycott the Ralph!"

Kicking him out of Canton is a little extreme Rico...& if all the incompetent business owners in this country were forced to resign, there would be a giant sucking sound in the universe as they depart. Face it man, we have no choice but to endure. With that said, I believe in supply & demand. If people quit buying tickets, somethng would have to give. Our new mantra should be "Boycott the Ralph!"

The question that I haven't seen asked is what happens if this Buddy Gailey regime does step on their members with an 0-16 beat down out of the gate?

Are fans going to buy tickets? Will anyone save the most addled homers think that these guys are doing a great job? Will players be lining up to run into a brick wall in their enthusiastic support?

Going winless, other than for an expansion team, should be completely and totally unforgivable. Firing everyone would be akin to a mercy killing to an established franchise in that position.

But, then there is the Bills. Ralph has no other names on his list of people he knows. The team was just here 10 months ago and settled for Chan Nix. What the !@#$ do they do then?!

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

That's the thing hew will NEVER figure it out, he keeps trying to find another Bill Polian who he promoted to GM from director of college scouting, Tom Donahoe was a director of college scouting. Now guess what Buddy Nix's title was before his promotion, yep! Director of college scouting.

Ton Donahoe was fired from Pittsburgh...so Wilson gets the grand idea to hire him and give him not one, but TWO promotions, he promoted him to GM and president! Needless to say that ended badly because the guy wasn't qualified, either is Buddy Nix. Ralph Wilson hired Marv Levy to be GM because he was someone Wilson trusted, he wasn't qualified to be a gm either.

The ONLY way this franchise improves is if Ralph Wilson steps down as president and hires any number of QUALIFIED people to run his team, the guy is 92, at what point does he let go and say lets win the big one before I pass.

Michael Lombardi - Charlie Casserly are doing TV, either would be a huge upgrade over Buddy Nix at GM.

For President:

The current GM of the Falcons is Thomas Dimitroff and he is an ex NE patriot director of college scouting that has done a brilliant job as GM of the Falcons. Ralph Wilson needs to wake up and hire this guy as president, let him run the team and build a winner. If Wilson wants the next Bill Polian, then this is the guy! He needs to hire him before another team figures out how good he is and hires him first

I gotta say that article is dead on and am greatly relieved that someone other then a Bills fan gets this...although very disappointed that most fans posting here are still wearing those rose colored glasses and think things will be fine. READ THAT ARTICE and understand this is the same stuff that a few of us have been trying to get across to other Bills fans, the cold hard truth about Nix & Gailey.

The guy does have a point about the Commissioner removing Ralph Wilson as owner, the fans deserve a competitive team and better then this. To keep hiring people that were fired in their previous job and then promoting them into a position above the one that they were fired in does show some mental incompetence. Seriously, what other company or organization does something that foolish?

The fans in Buffalo deserve better, Ralph Wilson needs to step down or be removed JMHO

Edited by Harvey lives

I gotta say that article is dead on and am greatly relieved that someone other then a Bills fan gets this...although very disappointed that most fans posting here are still wearing those rose colored glasses and think things will be fine. READ THAT ARTICE and understand this is the same stuff that a few of us have been trying to get across to other Bills fans, the cold hard truth about Nix & Gailey.

The guy does have a point about the Commissioner removing Ralph Wilson as owner, the fans deserve a competitive team and better then this. To keep hiring people that were fired in their previous job and then promoting them into a position above the one that they were fired in does show some mental incompetence. Seriously, what other company or organization does something that foolish?

The fans in Buffalo deserve better, Ralph Wilson needs to step down or be removed JMHO

I reject this idea that the league step in and remove the owner simply because it creates a bad precedent. Buffalo's situation can only be changed with fans who stop showing up and getting home games blacked out. Now, they'll be some homer who says that's how the team gets moved, but fans who root for a team out of fear have serious issues.

The failures this season have focused more attention onto the front office than they'd like. Not surprisingly, the GM hasn't been available for comment and is now traveling in search of the next starting QB. I think all we're asking for as fans is for the team to stop the hype, admit they stink, and put their money where their mouth is. At least Schein will say it for them.

The NFL isn't going to step in. It's a zero-sum game and the Bills play a part, the part of the patsy and farm team. Just being bad is hardly a reason to hope that the NFL steps in to rescue this torpedoed franchise.

The notion that the NFL should step in is really not realistic so much as it is rhetorical and to emphasize the point that the Bills are beyond hope at this point. The decisions that have been made by the Bills as an organization have been the stuff of legendary foolishness.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

Christ! Between Enuf, Vet and Darth we all should be ovulating. Quite the little downward spiral of woe and anquish! You know boys,we suck, the world knows it and it's irresistible for media to pile on. But if you guys have a better plan than to purge the crap we've accumulated and build anew, please enlighten the rest of the board.

You guys are living in the past and the past ain't pretty. You didn't get any of the mythological GM's and coaches you wanted. Boo frickety-hoo. So you got some choices: Root for the Pats or whomever, rage against the machine with these pity-party threads or strap in for the rebuild Buddy-style. You have to pick it....it aint' going to change you you all have only so much stomach lining to burn.

That's the thing hew will NEVER figure it out, he keeps trying to find another Bill Polian who he promoted to GM from director of college scouting, Tom Donahoe was a director of college scouting. Now guess what Buddy Nix's title was before his promotion, yep! Director of college scouting.

Ton Donahoe was fired from Pittsburgh...so Wilson gets the grand idea to hire him and give him not one, but TWO promotions, he promoted him to GM and president! Needless to say that ended badly because the guy wasn't qualified, either is Buddy Nix. Ralph Wilson hired Marv Levy to be GM because he was someone Wilson trusted, he wasn't qualified to be a gm either.

The ONLY way this franchise improves is if Ralph Wilson steps down as president and hires any number of QUALIFIED people to run his team, the guy is 92, at what point does he let go and say lets win the big one before I pass.

Michael Lombardi - Charlie Casserly are doing TV, either would be a huge upgrade over Buddy Nix at GM.

For President:

The current GM of the Falcons is Thomas Dimitroff and he is an ex NE patriot director of college scouting that has done a brilliant job as GM of the Falcons. Ralph Wilson needs to wake up and hire this guy as president, let him run the team and build a winner. If Wilson wants the next Bill Polian, then this is the guy! He needs to hire him before another team figures out how good he is and hires him first

So your argument against hiring a former director of college of scouting as a GM is to tout a guy who was promoted to GM from being director of college scouting?

Also, why would Dimitroff leave the Falcons? GM to president isn't a true promotion. He'd have the same duties as president of Buffalo as he does in Atlanta.

Christ! Between Enuf, Vet and Darth we all should be ovulating. Quite the little downward spiral of woe and anquish! You know boys,we suck, the world knows it and it's irresistible for media to pile on. But if you guys have a better plan than to purge the crap we've accumulated and build anew, please enlighten the rest of the board.

You guys are living in the past and the past ain't pretty. You didn't get any of the mythological GM's and coaches you wanted. Boo frickety-hoo. So you got some choices: Root for the Pats or whomever, rage against the machine with these pity-party threads or strap in for the rebuild Buddy-style. You have to pick it....it aint' going to change you you all have only so much stomach lining to burn.

Really & truly Green Lightning, when you mention Christ, you should be talking to Him...not us. If it weren't for Him, I might really be upset about my football team... and not the past...the present! Also, NO...ain't rootin' for the Pats, but thanks for the suggestion. It's not about purging...it's about bad football decisions. In less than 24 hours we'll be 0 & 6... this wouldn't be if good football decisions had been made. My plan is simple...put smart football people in charge. It's not rocket science!

When I was able to take step back and take this season for what it was....it became a lot easier for me to live with what is happening.

This team needs more talent......we also need to figure out who the true losers are at this point and make sure they are not on this team next year.

My memory is a little rusty....could someone explain to me how people felt before we started our super bowl run? it seems to me that were were so bad that we were able aquire Bruce SAnd mith and Jim Kelly before we started getting good. And that is kinda my point....we had to be that bad in order to get the players we needed to make our Super bowl run....we are so used to years of "just below average" we have forgotten that.....7-9, 8-8, how many have we had....just enough to break our hearts every year.

I wonder how the rams feel about having that 1st overall pick this year.....that Bradford kid is looking pretty good.

I say again - I've been convinced the Bills are playing this year without any real attempt at winning at any cost - rather, they seem to be just using this season as an extended pre-season. I personally think it's to get the high pick next year and their franchise QB.

Still, I agree with all these troubling points - and I've made most of them myself - but, the only thing that I keep holding out hope with is the idea that they are doing this bottoming out for a franchise QB, and that next year they will be doing everything in their power - including signing key free agents, to win.

I will not follow this team any long after this up coming offseason if they don't get their Qb and fix the O-line, at the least.

We can hope, still, that that will happen. If this same bad drafting, bad free agent aquisitions, keep on after this year, then it is safe to assume there is nothing here that is able to be competitive.