Codero Howard to Start At Right Tackle...

BillsPhan

Another unknown free agent steps in to start on the Bills offensive line this Sunday against the Ravens.

Linky:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article225040.ece

Look out NFL, here comes Codero Howard, who was so highly thought of coming out of Georgia Tech that nobody drafted him - including the Bills, last April. Of course, Chan Gailey did recruit him, so of course Gailey knows more then anyone else in the NFL about him, so of course he will do just fine at RT against the Ravens defense. :wallbash:

I wonder if Buddy Nix knows that he is allowed to draft starting caliber offensive linemen. Take the 49ers as a case in point. They drafted Anthony Davis out of Rutgers with their first round choice just a few picks after Nix took Spiller. In fact, they even traded up to be in the position to draft him! Oh my God, what a strange idea that would be for Nix, who takes about 10 seconds to have his choices sprinted up to the podium as if he is jumping for joy to choose small college players like Terrel Troup and Arthur Moats, that no other team is even thinking about drafting that round!! NFL teams trade up - giving up those valuable extra picks, to target one player???? Nix would never dream of that, based on his performance last April.

But I digress.

So the 49ers move up to draft Anthony Davis, who was just sitting there available for Nix to draft ahead of them, and what happens?? Take a look at the 49ers depth chart today - Davis is their starting right tackle!!!! :doh: Amazing, I'm sure Nix never thought that could happen, that's why he waited until the 4th round to draft Eddy Wang. No way could Davis ever start right away for his Buffalo Bills, Nix must have thought.

So now we will all have Cordero Howard to watch struggle against the Baltimore Ravens monster defense, while Cornell Green recovers from his "mystery injury", and at the same time, Anthony Davis continues to start as he has from day one at RT for the 49ers, gaining experience and earning his first round money.

And Buddy Nix is a "football guy", who believes you build through the draft?? :w00t::bag:

Edited by BillsPhan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW Davis has stunk it up at RT whne I have watched, I never liked him during the draft either.

But, the other OLman the 9ers took - Mike Iupati, whom I really really liked - has been playing like an all pro. His pulls on run plays open huge hoges for their run game and he manhandles guys on plays - so physically dominant.

I wasnt calling for Iupati specifically at 9, but I sure was hoping and dreaming he would end up on our roster (ie with a trade down from 9, trade up from 42) If I was given a choice of Spiller or Iupati I would have went Iupati in a heart beat.

Another unknown free agent steps in to start on the Bills offensive line this Sunday against the Ravens.

Linky:

Look out NFL, here comes Codero Howard, who was so highly thought of coming out of Georgia Tech that nobody drafted him - including the Bills, last April. Of course, Chan Gailey did recruit him, so of course Gailey knows more then anyone else in the NFL about him, so of course he will do just fine at RT against the Ravens defense. :wallbash:

I wonder if Buddy Nix knows that he is allowed to draft starting caliber offensive linemen. Take the 49ers as a case in point. They drafted Anthony Davis out of Rutgers with their first round choice just a few picks after Nix took Spiller. In fact, they even traded up to be in the position to draft him! Oh my God, what a strange idea that would be for Nix, who takes about 10 seconds to have his choices sprinted up to the podium as if he is jumping for joy to choose small college players like Terrel Troup and Arthur Moats, that no other team is even thinking about drafting that round!! NFL teams trade up - giving up those valuable extra picks, to target one player???? Nix would never dream of that, based on his performance last April.

But I digress.

So the 49ers move up to draft Anthony Davis, who was just sitting there available for Nix to draft ahead of them, and what happens?? Take a look at the 49ers depth chart today - Davis is their starting right tackle!!!! :doh: Amazing, I'm sure Nix never thought that could happen, that's why he waited until the 4th round to draft Eddy Wang. No way could Davis ever start right away for his Buffalo Bills, Nix must have thought.

So now we will all have Cordero Howard to watch struggle against the Baltimore Ravens monster defense, while Cornell Green recovers from his "mystery injury", and at the same time, Anthony Davis continues to start as he has from day one at RT for the 49ers, gaining experience and earning his first round money.

And Buddy Nix is a "football guy", who believes you build through the draft?? :w00t::bag:

Somewhere on a 49ers board, someone is posting something like this:

Do you believe that we traded up to get Anthony Davis? Look at what the Buffalo Bills did. They picked up a guy, Cordaro Howard, as an undrafted free agent. Take a look at the Bills depth chart today - Howard is their starting right tackle!!!! :doh:

Grass is always greener...

ed wang - 5th round

a davis - not good, and possibly not worth trading other valuable pics for.

49ers record? 1 win better than the bills in a far weaker division.

so whats your point again? oh ya - Chan is playing a guy he is familiar with. Well, boy, that worked out real bad for Pete Carroll and Mike WIlliams in Seattle... oh wait a minute. Maybe players and coaches know eachother and how to push buttons better then us fans ore the media realizes.

in the end - this is a dumb post, im sorry....

Wow, the OP is already writhing the the kid hasn't yet to play. Let's see what he's got. Green sucks. I'd rather stink with a young player who has upside and can grow into the role or into a good depth player. I'm hoping Chan puts Wood at center and plays Wang, Wrotto or Urbik at guard. Let's start playing our young guys and they will get bettter.

Linky:

But I digress.

WHO?

Sweet Jesus, another 'wahhhmbulance' thread... :rolleyes:

You should be HAPPY that Cordero Howard is moving up the starting RT. Cornell Green is, er...um...'not very good' is about as nicely as I can put it - and, btw, Jason Peters was an undrafted free agent too. So was Pat Williams, London Fletcher, etc.

Lots of NFL greats were undrafted - give the guy a chance.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

15 and 5 baby!!!!! B-)

Look, this season is over. All that is left is to treat it like one long preseason and evaluate people. If Gailey liked this guy enough to recruit him in college then why not take a look now. What have the Bills got to lose. What's the downside. that he sucks? We have that in abundance already so what's a little more. What's the potential upside? That the kid can play at least well enough to be a depth player in the future.

Short answer, nothing to lose and everything to gain.

What happened to Kraig Urbik?? I thought this was a guy they had rated up there with Levitre and Wood as the top three lineman (according to Buddy), they get him off Pittsburgh's practice squad earlier this year and now they start Howard?

Lots of NFL greats were undrafted - give the guy a chance.

I agree with giving him a chance, Cornell Green obviously fails the eyeball test for competence.

But, to play Devil's Advocate, while there have been a small handful of undrafted players that became good NFL players, pretty much every good NFL player ever was drafted. There is a reason for that :)

Wow, the OP is already writhing the the kid hasn't yet to play. Let's see what he's got. Green sucks. I'd rather stink with a young player who has upside and can grow into the role or into a good depth player. I'm hoping Chan puts Wood at center and plays Wang, Wrotto or Urbik at guard. Let's start playing our young guys and they will get bettter.

Yeah and Anthony Davis is a "young guy" too. Of course, you Nix / Modrak apologists have already written Davis off as "sucking" and have the 49ers fans wishing they had Cordero Howard starting for them this weekend. How pathetic is that?? My point is not about giving all the young "undrafted or late round drafted rookies cut by other teams" a chance to play on the Bills' O-Line. They have already been doing that now for almost three consecutive years.

My point is that other NFL teams draft offensive tackles in the first round every single year. Some of them bust, but most of them end up starting on either side from day one and continue to start for years. Looking at the offense so far this season, I would personally rather be watching Anthony Davis playing right tackle as the #9 overall pick from Aprils' draft, firmly entrenched as the starter from day one, then to have C.J. Spiller gaining around 40 yards per game and running behind Cornell Green or Cordero Howard! You say: "Give the kid (Howard) a chance." and "What have they got to lose?" and "He can't be worse the Green!" I say, "How do you know he can't be worse the Green?" Jamon Meredith was supposed to better then Green. What happened to him?

Bottm line is, do you really think the Bills won't be looking for a real RT next free agency period or after they draft their QB in next years' draft?? Sorry, but unlike the Bills, I have zero faith in Howard becoming the starting RT for the Bills over the next decade. There is simply no excuse for Nix not to have addressed RT in this past April's draft, after he refused to address it in this past March's UFA period signing.