Prediction: Fitzpatrick Looks Bad Against Baltimore

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just posting against this to say "I told you so."

That's right, in numerous threads met with responses full of vitriol I told you that Fitz is fine and we need to look elsewhere to upgrade this team.

Keep telling me he is "nothing more than a backup" and I will keep praying that Gailey is smarter than you.

This week everyone can get a much clearer look at the true Ryan Fitzpatrick, and why he will always be a backup. Jacksonville is terrible, and having a good game against the worst secondary in the league doesn't prove much of anything. A solid Baltimore defense is going to put him on lockdown, and his QB rating will fall.

Looking bad never looked so good ;):)

This week everyone can get a much clearer look at the true Ryan Fitzpatrick, and why he will always be a backup. Jacksonville is terrible, and having a good game against the worst secondary in the league doesn't prove much of anything. A solid Baltimore defense is going to put him on lockdown, and his QB rating will fall.

So.... How would you like your crow served?

Just pilin' on here MPL. Where are you?

*crickets*

Care to revise that nuthugger of Polian? Fitz is a top ten QB right now and will get better with time. Brees, Brady, Flacco aren't physical specimens but they are great leaders with guts who get the job down and that's what Fitz is.

I am certainly not going to post a you were wrong post.....I didn't think that Fitz would play well either because of who we were playing against....

but it seems to me that Fitz play is not a fluke....his ranking and numbers this year are also not flukes....AND it appears that he is getting better every week and as the OL played well so did he.

I want to see if he can keep this going....if he can then maybe that top pick can go on a great OLB? We need to find a way to shut down these outside runs....I was hoping this would be maybin but it appears not...

ALSO....it creates more opportunities to trade down and aquire additional picks while still getting a difference making defensive player.

The offense is getting better every week. In the end maybe they just needed time.

I am certainly not going to post a you were wrong post.....I didn't think that Fitz would play well either because of who we were playing against....

agreed. An away game against a great Defense with Ed Reed returning looked like a terrible matchup. I didn't think Fitz would do well at all. But I didn't feel the need to make a thread stating the obvious (that this was a tough matchup).

The fact that he had to take a shot at a bills player who has actually played well recently, and was wrong about it, is just a douche move. And then there was all that Kelsey talk of him defending kelsey, but trashing Fitz? I mean, i know the bills aren't good, but hate on the players that deserve the hating.

Care to revise that nuthugger of Polian? Fitz is a top ten QB right now and will get better with time. Brees, Brady, Flacco aren't physical specimens but they are great leaders with guts who get the job down and that's what Fitz is.

whoaaa. I know everyones excited about Fitz but I wouldn't say he's a top 10 QB. and PLEASE don't put Fitz in the same sentence as Brady and Brees.

I'm thinkin' that Fritz is more the QB that Chan thought Trent was for oh so many (too many) months.

Hat's off to Fritz. He's not the weak sister on this squad. Not by a long shot.

Not sayin' that he's gonna do the job long term - just that he didn't cost us the game, and I believe if he were the starter from the beginning of training camp, we would at least have beaten the disgusting fish.

Fitzpatrick went 29-of-43 passing for 373 yards and four touchdowns -- three to Evans and another to Steve Johnson. The four TD passes were the most against the Ravens since Peyton Manning did it for the Indianapolis Colts in December 2007.

Oh yeah, great prediction!

Just pilin' on here MPL. Where are you?

*crickets*

OMG I thought I was the only one who thought this. I've been wanting to say that for weeks! It's funny how mpl suddenly dissapeared and this napolian guy appeared. Same style, same mo, same frequency. Good call!

But back to Fitz, I have to say he changed my mind today. I've been wanting Brohm to get his chance but Fitz has been playing well, steadily getting better, and he had his breakout game today. Good for him! and the Bills! Finally we break 300 yrds passing. I feel the curse has been broken today. And I am willing to back Fitz until he shows me different.

If only this game will quiet the doom and gloomers for awhile. Not likely, but one can dream can't he?

Fitz has 8 games left to make his case, but he's doing it so far. If he keeps playing like this, the Bills will not draft his replacement. He will be the guy.

PLEAAAAASEEEE. Fitz is not a long term answer for this franchise. He's nearly an effective stopgap, and if we do in fact get the number 1 overall pick, we're taking a QB.

We wont be drafting a QB this year. First picks will be on DL, LB's and Drayton Florence's replacement. Fitz is doing a hell of a job.

DL and LB's? We picked up Dwan Edwards, and took 2 D-linemen with our first 3 picks and you still think we'll go d-line with a possible number 1, 2 or 3 draftt pick? What D-lineman is worth that spot in college football right now? Nobodys gonna wanna trade up with us and pay that much money for a player. We're taking a QB. NOTHING wrong with taking a QB and having him sit for a year or 2

OMG I thought I was the only one who thought this. I've been wanting to say that for weeks! It's funny how mpl suddenly dissapeared and this napolian guy appeared. Same style, same mo, same frequency. Good call!

But back to Fitz, I have to say he changed my mind today. I've been wanting Brohm to get his chance but Fitz has been playing well, steadily getting better, and he had his breakout game today. Good for him! and the Bills! Finally we break 300 yrds passing. I feel the curse has been broken today. And I am willing to back Fitz until he shows me different.

If only this game will quiet the doom and gloomers for awhile. Not likely, but one can dream can't he?

MPL ban date and NaPolian join date are the same.

Fitz WILL give us fits. But still it is nice seeing a 300+ yd. passing game for like three years. And 500 in Offense? Yikes! :blink: