We have only beaten one team with a winning...

ICE

Dude... His QB rating is like less than 77... if he had 7 or 8 good games, then the bills should have 7 or 8 wins. His 77 rating actually make him better than he really is... I mean... it doesn't take into account how piss poor decesions he made like tossing 3 yard completions when he's got wide open receivers 20 yards downfield, and holding the ball too long and taking sacks, and his like 0-20 success rate in the redzone over the first 4 or 5 games.

I'm tellin ya... just when the bills begin to see the light and turn the corner... Drew is going to plunge that dagger in your heart... I can best describe him as an "airball at the buzzer". Close, but close don't win games.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Mularkey is keeping the threat of the quick hook hanging over him, because I think right now it's the best way to keep Bledsoe agressive.

151553[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head there. Too bad MM didn't put Matthews in for at least a couple of series' earlier, maybe Drew would've woken up sooner.

Record?  One?  Other than the Jest win all wins have been over teams with a .500 record or less.  On top of that it took 7 turnovers, a KO Return and a fat man INT/TD return to beat the 2nd worst team in football.

I am not meaning to rain on the parade etc, but some need to temper the over Zealous 'We can bet anyone at anytime' joygazm fest.

Look was I screaming like a malnourished schoolgirl watching an NSYNC concert at Willy wonkas Chocolate factory, when the Phat pat TD happened?  Hell yeah. Christ I damn near lost my voice on the opening KO.  But then we sit around and look at each other at the bar and the 'Yeah but' kicks in. The yeah but is...we have yet to hang it on a REAL Team and do it consistantly.

Playoffs? Folks if we make it Indy will hang 50 on our asses. All this talk of upsetting Indy, upsetting Pitt at pit etc is fantasy. Not only is it fantasy it is so far fetched it's almost sickening.

This team is still far from being what it should be...A SUPERBOWL contender. I don't know myself what it will take to get there. More TE help. More CB help. More pass rush.  Who knows. But look enjoy the wins, but keep things in Perspective

151501[/snapback]

So we suck. Maybe you shoud go get a new team. BTW what winning record team have the panthers beat???

What your overlooking is that the players and coaches are starting to gel and get a rhythm going that they didn't have going at the beginning of the year, until the Rams game after reading some of the articles on the home page.

So now that they have their timing down, we can hope they can beat a team with a winning record. Until then we can only beat who is on our schedule.

As far as Miami is concerned. They are a better team since getting rid of Wannie ! They are better than their record at this time IMHO. Same as we are better than our record.

His QB rating is like less than 77... if he had 7 or 8 good games, then the bills should have 7 or 8 wins. His 77 rating actually make him better than he really is... I mean... it doesn't take into account how piss poor decesions he made like tossing 3 yard completions when he's got wide open receivers 20 yards downfield, and holding the ball too long and taking sacks, and his like 0-20 success rate in the redzone over the first 4 or 5 games.

1) I don't care about numbers; they mean little to me

2) While he still doesn't see the field as well as a good QB should, his recognition and decision-making have improved over the course of the season under Mularkey/Clements/Wyche.

3) How many bad sacks has he taken in the last month? 3? He's vastly improved in this area as well

4) It's not the first 4-5 games any more is it?

just when the bills begin to see the light and turn the corner... Drew is going to plunge that dagger in your heart...

The Bills began to see the light and turned the corner when they overcame a 10pt deficit on thier way to destroying the Rams; that was a watershed moment for this team. They then followed it up with an excellent performance during a WestCoast win, something we've seen very little of over the last decade. So how did Drew react to this team seeing the light and turning the corner in those wins? Instead of plunging the dagger, he went on the road against a division rival with a good defense and played his best game since putting on a Bills uni.

I still don't think he's the answer as the Bills QB, but I'm going to give credit where credit is due. He's made significant improvements under a staff with a well-documented history of having success with various QB's. If he keeps it up, I fail to see the point in continuing to call for his head.

What your overlooking is that the players and coaches are starting to gel and get a rhythm going that they didn't have going at the beginning of the year, until the Rams game after reading some of the articles on the home page.

So now that they have their timing down, we can hope they can beat a team with a winning record. Until then we can only beat who is on our schedule.

As far as Miami is concerned. They are a better team since getting rid of Wannie ! They are better than their record at this time IMHO. Same as we are better than our record.

151615[/snapback]

shhhhh, a well thought out argument has no place on this board

Seattle & St. Louis would have winning records if we didn't beat them.

I said the same thing to the "cheerleaders" on this board after week 3....the combined record of our opponenets would've been a lot worse if we were 3-0 instead of 0-3. It goes both ways. How people fail to grasp this simple concept after it is explained 400 times is beyond me.

We've only played 5 games against winning teams (as their records stand today). Those being 2 against NE-which most teams lose against, 2 against Jets and won one which isn't bad to be 1-1 against a team in your own division and the loss to the Ravens before the Bills started getting their act together. I would say that's not too bad, at least they are beating the teams they should beat.

Arguments about the opposition's records really make no sense in today's NFL. You have your elite teams, usually 2 or 3 of them, which are very difficult to beat. Then you have your teams that absolutely suck and this year there is really only one, the 49ers, and everyone else that can beat each other at any time. Any time you get a win in today's NFL, its a good win and a win against an elite team is a great win.

Record?  One?  Other than the Jest win all wins have been over teams with a .500 record or less.  On top of that it took 7 turnovers, a KO Return and a fat man INT/TD return to beat the 2nd worst team in football.

I am not meaning to rain on the parade etc, but some need to temper the over Zealous 'We can bet anyone at anytime' joygazm fest.

Look was I screaming like a malnourished schoolgirl watching an NSYNC concert at Willy wonkas Chocolate factory, when the Phat pat TD happened?  Hell yeah. Christ I damn near lost my voice on the opening KO.  But then we sit around and look at each other at the bar and the 'Yeah but' kicks in. The yeah but is...we have yet to hang it on a REAL Team and do it consistantly.

Playoffs? Folks if we make it Indy will hang 50 on our asses. All this talk of upsetting Indy, upsetting Pitt at pit etc is fantasy. Not only is it fantasy it is so far fetched it's almost sickening.

This team is still far from being what it should be...A SUPERBOWL contender. I don't know myself what it will take to get there. More TE help. More CB help. More pass rush.  Who knows. But look enjoy the wins, but keep things in Perspective

151501[/snapback]

That's funny because you know NOTHING about perspectives. You don't know the first thing about perspectives if you will only feel good about your team if they are superbowl contenders. Your expectations are sickenly high ICE. The Bills were one of the worst teams in the league last season, they start out 0-4 this year then do a 180 winning 6 of 8. They've become a feared team in the league again. I can see McGahee's and Evan's performances and know that this team has found the playmakers it so desparetly needed. So go ahead and lay down your "were not that good" posts all you want. The smarter members of TSW know differently. If you think that this team can't beat the Pats, Eagles, Steelers and Indy than that's your problem. There are fans here that think they can absolutely beat those teams and I'm one of them. Do I think they can win 3 straight road playoff games if they win out and get in the playoffs? No I don't, but that's because I have things in perspective and know the odds of that happening. The "reality" here is that you have missed the boat on not realizing how good the team is, and if you're waiting for the Superbowl birth till you feel good about them then that's just plain sad.

That's funny because you know NOTHING about perspectives. You don't know the first thing about perspectives if you will only feel good about your team if they are superbowl contenders. Your expectations are sickenly high ICE. The Bills were one of the worst teams in the league last season, they start out 0-4 this year then do a 180 winning 6 of 8. They've become a feared team in the league again. I can see McGahee's and Evan's performances and know that this team has found the playmakers it so desparetly needed. So go ahead and lay down your "were not that good" posts all you want. The smarter members of TSW know differently. If you think that this team can't beat the Pats, Eagles, Steelers and Indy than that's your problem. There are fans here that think they can absolutely beat those teams and I'm one of them. Do I think they can win 3 straight road playoff games if they win out and get in the playoffs? No I don't, but that's because I have things in perspective and know the odds of that happening. The "reality" here is that you have missed the boat on not realizing how good the team is, and if you're waiting for the Superbowl birth till you feel good about them then that's just plain sad.

151797[/snapback]

Well you see I win. I am a winner. Been a success at everything I have done. so yeah superbowl or nothing. I don't settle.

REALITY is we have only beaten one team that now has a winning record. Reality is NE will always beat on us with Bledsoe at QB.

Championships are what it's about, anything less is just that...less. So hey go ahead and settle no sweat off of my balls.

Well you see I win. I am a winner. Been a success at everything I have done. so yeah superbowl or nothing. I don't settle.

REALITY is we have only beaten one team that now has a winning record. Reality is NE will always beat on us with Bledsoe at QB. 

Championships are what it's about, anything less is just that...less. So hey go ahead and settle no sweat off of my balls.

151813[/snapback]

:(:doh: funniest post of the year

151813[/snapback]

Wrong, we beat 3 teams with winning records as was pointed out earlier in this thread.

Wrong, I believe that Bledsoe was a starting member of the Bills beat down of the Pats in 2003.

You must HATE the Jim Kelly Bills if "Championships" are what it's all about.

Wrong, we beat 3 teams with winning records as was pointed out earlier in this thread.

Wrong, I believe that Bledsoe was a starting member of the Bills beat down of the Pats in 2003.

You must HATE the Jim Kelly Bills if "Championships" are what it's all about.

151828[/snapback]

Agreed, especially points #1 and #3

ICE,

I always thought you were a good level headed Bills fan. One that didn't get carried away and could analyze situations rather than letting your emotions run away with you like some Bills fans tend to do. But I think recently you've just stepped over the line into being negative for the sake of pissing in everyone's corn flakes. Most of the NFL doesn't have a winning record, so it's no small wonder that we only have one win over a team with a winning record. Why not just enjoy the run that they have put together after the awful start this year? I know I know you think it's your job to act as the rain on everyone's parade.

ICE,

I always thought you were a good level headed Bills fan.  One that didn't get carried away and could analyze situations rather than letting your emotions run away with you like some Bills fans tend to do.  But I think recently you've just stepped over the line into being negative for the sake of pissing in everyone's corn flakes.  Most of the NFL doesn't have a winning record, so it's no small wonder that we only have one win over a team with a winning record.  Why not just enjoy the run that they have put together after the awful start this year?  I know I know you think it's your job to act as the rain on everyone's parade.

151844[/snapback]

He's been at this for a long time. Stick around, you'll see

Shame on all of you for falling for the Daily ICE "LOOK AT ME!!!" stevestojan.

Can't you all just picture him...in his feet pajamas...in front of his PC.....in his cold basement....thinking "What can I post today to get people to notice me??"

And us maroons fall for it every time. ICE plays us like a fiddle every signle day.

We should know better by now.

ICE,

I always thought you were a good level headed Bills fan.  One that didn't get carried away and could analyze situations rather than letting your emotions run away with you like some Bills fans tend to do.  But I think recently you've just stepped over the line into being negative for the sake of pissing in everyone's corn flakes.  Most of the NFL doesn't have a winning record, so it's no small wonder that we only have one win over a team with a winning record.  Why not just enjoy the run that they have put together after the awful start this year?  I know I know you think it's your job to act as the rain on everyone's parade.

151844[/snapback]

This is the funniest post I've read in this entire thread! Level-headed? One who didn't get carried away? Recently stepped over the line?

Dude, what game have you been watchin lo these many years??!! :(:doh: