We have only beaten one team with a winning...

ICE

Record? One? Other than the Jest win all wins have been over teams with a .500 record or less. On top of that it took 7 turnovers, a KO Return and a fat man INT/TD return to beat the 2nd worst team in football.

I am not meaning to rain on the parade etc, but some need to temper the over Zealous 'We can bet anyone at anytime' joygazm fest.

Look was I screaming like a malnourished schoolgirl watching an NSYNC concert at Willy wonkas Chocolate factory, when the Phat pat TD happened? Hell yeah. Christ I damn near lost my voice on the opening KO. But then we sit around and look at each other at the bar and the 'Yeah but' kicks in. The yeah but is...we have yet to hang it on a REAL Team and do it consistantly.

Playoffs? Folks if we make it Indy will hang 50 on our asses. All this talk of upsetting Indy, upsetting Pitt at pit etc is fantasy. Not only is it fantasy it is so far fetched it's almost sickening.

This team is still far from being what it should be...A SUPERBOWL contender. I don't know myself what it will take to get there. More TE help. More CB help. More pass rush. Who knows. But look enjoy the wins, but keep things in Perspective

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry - but perspective is the preserve of people who are paid to worry about football.

I am not paid to be a fan. So perspective goes out of the window for me...

We can beat anyone! :w00t:

Look - I know we can improve areas of our football team (like anything in life we should seek continuous improvement) but that's for the offseason. Right now bruddah the Bills are winning with the tools they have been given. Screw perspective. Do all the shouting and going nuts you can - because on any given sunday we could lose and be left without Bills football for 9 whole months. That's not something to look forward to at all.

Ease up. Enjoy. Worry about stuff in the offseason. While the Bills are playing - screw perspective, just love the Ws.

Harder to beat a lesser team,,,<eg> playing down to their level or looking past them.. Easy to get up for a quality opponent..At this point I think we could hold our own against better opponents. :lol:

Oh and Ice,, we do you get all this "WE" crap. You one of us now?? :w00t:

Bandwagons filling up!! :w00t::w00t:

Hello Tags...this is Tom Donahoe in Buffalo...yes, it is nice to see the boys turn it around...well the reason for my call is that we are playing the Browns this week, and well, they suck, is there any way that we can play the Pats or Eagles this week, we need to beat a good team to get our BCS ranking up..excuse me..you mean the wins all count the same, no matter who we play...huh, well I'll be damned...scratch that then, I was misinformed by some fan on a Bills message board that, wins against better teams counted more...well thanks for clearing that up...say Hi to Mrs Tags for me

Last I checked, the NFL does not use the BCS computer, so, tiebreakers aside (and even they would likley be a push), a win over Miami does not count less towards playoff chances than a win over New England. New England and the Jets have to face all but two of the same opponents, and New England has lost every time they've played a team with a winning record on the road, so apparently they're no good either....

This team is still far from being what it should be...A SUPERBOWL contender. I don't know myself what it will take to get there.

151501[/snapback]

That's funny. Because in EVERY SINGLE OTHER POST, you're dead to rights certain getting rid of Bledsoe is what it takes. :w00t:

And your point is...?

There's nothing to gripe about regarding who they play, so if it's all bad teams, then let them crush every one of them. I'll say it again....THE BILLS SHOULD BE BEATING UP ON THESE TEAMS.

Given where we were 6 weeks ago, I'll take this in a heartbeat. I'd rather the Bills be playing like this and be 6-6 than be inconsistent or on a bad losing streak.

wins is "good" but sometimes folks have these fantasies... which is OK, but just don't dare to suggest "reality" to those folks. Yeah, I'm satisfied that the Bills have won three in a row, and I think they've turned the corner, but they still have a long road to hoe. The fantasy folks take these last 3 wins as their playoff ticket. These are the same people that forget the New England game and the same folks that are dilusional over Drew... he has 25 bad games, then when he has 3 better than average games and a real good one, nothing else matters to them but those 4 games. They still ignore the fact that the Bills offensive options are few with Bledsoe at the controls and every opponent has zeroed in on his game (or lack thereof).

As a team, I think they're coming together, but I don't think they're going to make the playoffs. They still have to win this week, then they have a huge test in Cincy, in the road in SF against a tough defense, and then the Steelers at home. I don't see them winning out... best case scenario 3-1 over the last 4...and that shuts the door on the post season.

The Pats had almost nothing to show for when they won that 1st superbowl, so who knows what this team (Bills) is capable of if they reach the playoffs?

WTF? WTF are you saying? I know you're Canadian, but I ain't cutting you any slack on this one.

he has 25 bad games, then when he has 3 better than average games and a real good one, nothing else matters to them but those 4 games.

Actually, just this year he's played 7-8 good games for a staff that sent Kordell Stewart to the ProBowl and resurrected the career of TurnoverTommy Maddox. I'm not saying that he's suddenly become a great QB, but seeing his play gradually improving as he acclimates to this staff/offense is enough reason to give one some hope for him. I hope Mularkey is keeping the threat of the quick hook hanging over him, because I think right now it's the best way to keep Bledsoe agressive.

Of course, the real question is how the hell do you hoe a road?

Record?  One?  Other than the Jest win all wins have been over teams with a .500 record or less.  On top of that it took 7 turnovers, a KO Return and a fat man INT/TD return to beat the 2nd worst team in football.

I am not meaning to rain on the parade etc, but some need to temper the over Zealous 'We can bet anyone at anytime' joygazm fest.

Look was I screaming like a malnourished schoolgirl watching an NSYNC concert at Willy wonkas Chocolate factory, when the Phat pat TD happened?  Hell yeah. Christ I damn near lost my voice on the opening KO.  But then we sit around and look at each other at the bar and the 'Yeah but' kicks in. The yeah but is...we have yet to hang it on a REAL Team and do it consistantly.

Playoffs? Folks if we make it Indy will hang 50 on our asses. All this talk of upsetting Indy, upsetting Pitt at pit etc is fantasy. Not only is it fantasy it is so far fetched it's almost sickening.

This team is still far from being what it should be...A SUPERBOWL contender. I don't know myself what it will take to get there. More TE help. More CB help. More pass rush.  Who knows. But look enjoy the wins, but keep things in Perspective

151501[/snapback]

Keeping it in perspective is good advice. I'm coming from the perspective that the Bills have been painful to watch the last few years, and I'm happy to see them improving.

Look at it this way, they've proven they can beat .500 or below teams, that means they're competitive (or better) against 20 out of the (other) 31 teams. They've also beat a team that currently has 9 wins. Being as there's a total of 8 teams with winning records at 9 wins or less, add that to the 20 .500 or below teams, and that would place the Bills at competitive (or better) against 28 of the (other) 31 teams in the league. No guarantees, no locks, but they've got a shot against 28 out of (the other) 31 teams. That's new.

There's a gap, a big difference between those teams and the 10+ win teams (the remaining 3), but there's hope in continued improvement - nothing wrong with that.

In my book, that's a lot better than the last few years, and I'm damn happy about it.

Rain away, I've got my gear on.

The thread that I posted on this subject yesterday was pretty much ignored, so I'll give my point again:

Better teams are supposed to beat worse teams. At the beginning of the year we didn't beat Oakland and Jacksonville because we weren't better than them - that day. Now that the team has had time to get comfortable in the system, jel, etc, we are a better team than a lot of teams.

Again, some people are naturally complainers. I just have to live with that I guess.

Actually we beat 3 teams with winning records (Jets, Rams Seattle) because the Rams and Seattle both had winning records when we played them.

If you want to consider it the way you are looking at it, then New England has only gone 3-1 against teams that currently have a winning record this year (Bal, Jets & Indy) - what's the point? Does that make their 11-1 record any different? NO

Actually, just this year he's played 7-8 good games for a staff that sent Kordell Stewart to the ProBowl and resurrected the career of TurnoverTommy Maddox. I'm not saying that he's suddenly become a great QB, but seeing his play gradually improving as he acclimates to this staff/offense is enough reason to give one some hope for him. I hope Mularkey is keeping the threat of the quick hook hanging over him, because I think right now it's the best way to keep Bledsoe agressive.

Of course, the real question is how the hell do you hoe a road?

151553[/snapback]

True, Drew has not "suddenly" become anything. Along with his faults, he is 10th in all time yardage, and 18th in touchdown passes.

When Drew was at his best, his backs were a young Curtis Martin and Willis MaGahee. When he was at his worst, his back was Travis Henry. Drew needs more than most qbs, and Willis meets these needs.....things such as picking up blitzes, running correct routes, catching passes and not falling on his ass on crucial plays to go along with the good running.

I credit Willis, Mike Williams (yeah, I said it :( ), CV, Tucker, McNally, and some improvement in the TE position as much as the new system for the improvement we have seen in Drew.

Drew himself has changed little if at all imo.