We have only beaten one team with a winning...

ICE

Dude, you should read your own post and practice what you preach. This IS a form of entertainment. There is NEVER a justification to speak in a negative way about family nor other very personal issues.

Period.

152330[/snapback]

Oh and referring to our current second string running back as Travis Gump and implying that he's a pedophiliac sexual predator is AOK?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Record?  One?  Other than the Jest win all wins have been over teams with a .500 record or less.  On top of that it took 7 turnovers, a KO Return and a fat man INT/TD return to beat the 2nd worst team in football.

I am not meaning to rain on the parade etc, but some need to temper the over Zealous 'We can bet anyone at anytime' joygazm fest.

Look was I screaming like a malnourished schoolgirl watching an NSYNC concert at Willy wonkas Chocolate factory, when the Phat pat TD happened?  Hell yeah. Christ I damn near lost my voice on the opening KO.  But then we sit around and look at each other at the bar and the 'Yeah but' kicks in. The yeah but is...we have yet to hang it on a REAL Team and do it consistantly.

Playoffs? Folks if we make it Indy will hang 50 on our asses. All this talk of upsetting Indy, upsetting Pitt at pit etc is fantasy. Not only is it fantasy it is so far fetched it's almost sickening.

This team is still far from being what it should be...A SUPERBOWL contender. I don't know myself what it will take to get there. More TE help. More CB help. More pass rush.  Who knows. But look enjoy the wins, but keep things in Perspective

151501[/snapback]

You never know what can happen week to week. Something magical can happen. You just have to believe.

Oh and referring to our current second string running back as Travis Gump and implying that he's a pedophiliac sexual predator is AOK?

152405[/snapback]

1) I admit to going over the top if you will with the "Travis Gump" thing. Having said that, please note that I never insulted his family.

2) I did not arrest Travis Henry. Somene else did due to probable cause. Please tell me that you are not going to condone sex with a 15 year old in order to ridicule me on a message board.

3) !@#$ you. Notice that I did not include your family, who I wish well. I also hope that your professional life is stable so that you are able to provide well for your family.

Travis Henry has certainly made enough money to do so.

1) I admit to going over the top if you will with the "Travis Gump" thing. Having said that, please note that I never insulted his family.

2) I did not arrest Travis Henry. Somene else did due to probable cause. Pleas tell me that you are not going to condone sex with a 15 year old in order to ridicule me on a message board.

3) !@#$ you. Notice that I did not include your family, who I wish well. I also hope that your professional life is stable so that you are able to provide well for your family.

Travis Henry has certainly made enough money to do so.

152424[/snapback]

1.) Show me where rkFast "insulted" ICE's family. He stated a fact about something that ICE was bragging about on this very message board, that he and his wife had separated. Though, IIRC, ICE has since reconciled, but that's not the point.

2.) There is no doubt that what Travis did was wrong, and I do not condone sex with 15 year olds. But even in the stories about the incident there was no doubt that the girl lied to Travis about her age and told him she was 18. But your comments (something along the lines of parents feeling safer if Travis left) imply that he actively sought out sex with a 15 year old, like he was a dirty old man loitering around the high school with a bag of candy, and that it's an activity he currently engages in.

3.) I wish nothing but the best for you and yours as well. But I'm not going to imply that you're a loser if you are not the top paid person in your field.

Instead of laughing like a dumb douche, tell us how it is OK to have sex with a 15 year old. Then, go back to training camp and declare yourself an expert yet again.

152431[/snapback]

A little bitter still than MW isn't working out to what your expert opinion made him out to be?

!@#$ off Bill , I'm tired of your stevestojan. Can't take the heat.? Get the !@#$ out of the kitchen!

1.) Show me where rkFast "insulted" ICE's family.  He stated a fact about something that ICE was bragging about on this very message board, that he and his wife had separated.  Though, IIRC, ICE has since reconciled, but that's not the point.

2.) There is no doubt that what Travis did was wrong, and I do not condone sex with 15 year olds.  But even in the stories about the incident there was no doubt that the girl lied to Travis about her age and told him she was 18.  But your comments (something along the lines of parents feeling safer if Travis left) imply that he actively sought out sex with a 15 year old, like he was a dirty old man loitering around the high school with a bag of candy, and that it's an activity he currently engages in.

3.) I wish nothing but the best for you and yours as well.  But I'm not going to imply that you're a loser if you are not the top paid person in your field.

152457[/snapback]

Imo, seperation/divorce are never items to celebrate, nor "brag" about. This is because professionally, I have seen what these things do to children, and even adults. I do not condone using what I perceive to be a horrific scene as fodder to insult another poster on TBD.

As for the sex thing, neither of us truly knows what happened. What I DO know is that I have a 16 year old daughter who resembles Jennifer Lopez (she takes after my Puerto-Rican wife of 20 years :blink: ). I remain appalled by this reprehensible conduct, and do not want him on the Buffalo Bills. Was he completely guilty? Again, I don't know. What I do know is that more often than not, criminal behavior tends to repeat itself. Trust me on this, please.

Despite how you may feel, I retract my obscene statement to you, and repeat my best wishes to your family. I am backing out of a fight with you.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

A little bitter still than MW isn't working out to what your expert opinion made him out to be? 

!@#$ off Bill , I'm tired of your stevestojan. Can't take the heat.? Get the !@#$ out of the kitchen!

152466[/snapback]

I can take heat. That is not a problem. How about you? Did I strike a nerve, oh pompous douchebag?

I can take heat. That is not a problem. How about you? Did I strike a nerve, oh pompous douchebag?

152484[/snapback]

It always makes you look real good to call someone a douchebag who has offered well wishes for your family in a time of need despite your differences re: football and refrained from calling you names, (until now). :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Family tragedy is off limits. Unwritten, but understood rule. At least it should be. There's a lot of it on this board, and we get around it. Most of us give plenty of flack fodder without going there.

Jennifer Lopez, huh? You still carry?

Imo, seperation/divorce are never items to celebrate, nor "brag" about. This is because professionally, I have seen what these things do to children, and even adults. I do not condone using what I perceive to be a horrific scene as fodder to insult another poster on TBD.

Fair enough, I see your side, and I don't consider it lightly myself.

As for the sex thing, neither of us truly knows what happened. What I DO know is that I have a 16 year old daughter who resembles Jennifer Lopez (she takes after my Puerto-Rican wife of 20 years  :blink: ).  I remain appalled by this reprehensible conduct, and do not want him on the Buffalo Bills. Was he completely guilty? Again, I don't know. What I do know is that more often than not, criminal behavior tends to repeat itself. Trust me on this, please.

I have two daughters myself, much younger than yours and I don't look forward to when they reach your daughter's age. Would I be afraid for them if Travis Henry moved next door? Not based on what was published about the incident he was involved in. Read this story for a refresher on what happened. She admitted to lying to him which says to me that he actually bothered asking. He made the mistake of taking someone for their word. That, to me, is far different than "Well, gee, officer, she looked 18 to me!" and at the other end of the scale from "want some candy little girl?" Criminal behavior implies intent, and I see nothing in what was published about the event that even remotely implies an intent by Travis to break the law.

Despite how you may feel, I retract my obscene statement to you, and repeat my best wishes to your family. I am backing out of a fight with you.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

152481[/snapback]

and the same as well to you and yours. Kumbaya and all that stuff. :devil:

2) I did not arrest Travis Henry. Somene else did due to probable cause. Please tell me that you are not going to condone sex with a 15 year old in order to ridicule me on a message board.

152424[/snapback]

I thought Travis was never arrested, just questioned and released when 1) he agreed to cooperate, and 2) it turned out that he was a victim of fraud anyway.

It always makes you look real good to call someone a douchebag who has offered well wishes for your family in a time of need despite your differences re: football and refrained from calling you names, (until now).  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

152501[/snapback]

Whatever. I am not trying to look good. This is an issue that perhaps you need to confront.

I too wish nothing but the best for you and your family. If you recall, that is what started these tirades. I agree with BiB. There is NO room for insulting a posters' job loss nor marital status, and I mean !@#$ing none!

I copped to being too harsh on Travis with the name calling. What would you have me do, stand on my head and spit quarters?

As far as the MW thing to which you no doubt allude, guess what? He sucked for almost 2 1/2 years, training camp visits by you notwithstanding. #89 was there too, and he still sucked. After that, he played well and I sung his praise, today no less. Is that not enough?

Think of me as you will, it matters little. The ironic part is that I have found reasons to praise your postings, and you sit back in wait to attack me. That's OK. Take care.

Record?  One?  Other than the Jest win all wins have been over teams with a .500 record or less.  On top of that it took 7 turnovers, a KO Return and a fat man INT/TD return to beat the 2nd worst team in football.

I am not meaning to rain on the parade etc, but some need to temper the over Zealous 'We can bet anyone at anytime' joygazm fest.

Look was I screaming like a malnourished schoolgirl watching an NSYNC concert at Willy wonkas Chocolate factory, when the Phat pat TD happened?  Hell yeah. Christ I damn near lost my voice on the opening KO.  But then we sit around and look at each other at the bar and the 'Yeah but' kicks in. The yeah but is...we have yet to hang it on a REAL Team and do it consistantly.

Playoffs? Folks if we make it Indy will hang 50 on our asses. All this talk of upsetting Indy, upsetting Pitt at pit etc is fantasy. Not only is it fantasy it is so far fetched it's almost sickening.

This team is still far from being what it should be...A SUPERBOWL contender. I don't know myself what it will take to get there. More TE help. More CB help. More pass rush.  Who knows. But look enjoy the wins, but keep things in Perspective

151501[/snapback]

You forgot to mention you hate Drew - and this team is going nowhere until BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Whatever. I am not trying to look good. This is an issue that perhaps you need to confront.

I too wish nothing but the best for you and your family. If you recall, that is what started these tirades. I agree with BiB. There is NO room for insulting a posters' job loss nor marital status, and I mean !@#$ing none!

I copped to being too harsh on Travis with the name calling. What would you have me do, stand on my head and spit quarters?

As far as the MW thing to which you no doubt allude, guess what? He sucked for almost 2 1/2 years, training camp visits by you notwithstanding. #89 was there too, and he still sucked. After that, he played well and I sung his praise, today no less. Is that not enough?

Think of me as you will, it matters little. The ironic part is that I have found reasons to praise your postings, and you sit back in wait to attack me. That's OK. Take care.

152585[/snapback]

This is what happened Bill.

1- I saw Dan Gross's post calling you out re: Travis and how it was no different from a personal attack on some mystery person on this board, and I was honestly quite happy that I wasn't the only one who noticed your year long portrayal of him as a worthless vegetable of a man, so I praised his comment, and I'd do it again. When you throw out comments like that about a guy you should probably be prepared to take some heat for it.

2- My MW reference was me trying to come up with the possible reason you responded so harshly and defensively to my reply, considering the disagreements we've had over this in the past. Because that is the only "me" that you "know". I am glad that you have noticed the change in him.

3- I don't care who the !@#$ has also attended practices and I too realize the guy took time to get to his potential (no he never sucked), but I was always careful to point out that it was POTENTIAL that would come with good coaching (which it has). And maybe there have been some other times that he has been blamed for a blown assignment that wasn't really his fault in the scheme. No matter what anyone says here or in any other football discussion, you have a ten fold advantage at truly evaluating a player when you a- attend practices and/or b- attend games. So combining that privilege that I have (and enjoy sharing) and my knowledge of the game from studying it to the point of obsession and playing it for a number of years, I'd like to think I ad an opinion that holds water quite well. Maybe you should ask some of the posters here that you do think highly of as football analysts and ask them what they think of my opinions.

4- You are the one that took the extra step and called me a pompous douchebag, which atleast to me , is a lot different from saying "you're wrong" or "no friggin way that guy blah blah blah is a good player" , etc.

I brought up the family stuff nobody else.

If ice is stupid enough to bring it up on this board it's fair game.

Especially the way he lays the smack down.

If the moderators had any balls they should lay down the law and this would be a better place.

No mas.