Brian Baluga

CAVEDAWG

Watched the Packer/Miami game. The tackle everyone thought we should draft with our 1st pick was manhandled by Miamis' defense today. Just letting you guys know if you didn't see the game. Glad Bills had a bye but missed watching them today!

I watched the game and he looked awful. I thought he would look decent at RT but he looked like he's not ready yet to start. I'm ok with rookies struggling with speed rushers and Wake is not an easy task but he was being pushed back to Rodgers on bull-rushes.

I wanted this guy or Dan Williams at #9, it seems I was wrong on both counts.

He was absolutely shredded by Cameron Wake. Bulaga needed help and simply couldn't block the guy 1-on-1.

that's because Wake is really good and is getting to the point where he can't be blocked consistently one on one

too bad the Bills were asleep at the switch when Wake came down from the CFL

that's because Wake is really good and is getting to the point where he can't be blocked consistently one on one

too bad the Bills were asleep at the switch when Wake came down from the CFL

Yeah, offering him a contract showed that the Bills were "asleep at the switch."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/1186/dolphins-give-cfl-sackmaster-wake-record-deal

Wake narrowed his choices to four teams, including the Buffalo Bills, before choosing the Dolphins.

"Buffalo really put a great package together," Sheehy said. "They did a wonderful job recruiting him."

Facts suck.

He was absolutely shredded by Cameron Wake. Bulaga needed help and simply couldn't block the guy 1-on-1.

Didn't see it, but guess I'm glad the Bills don't listen to me! (I was a big 'let's draft Bulaga' guy last April - maybe Buddy was right to draft Spiller.)

Facts suck.

Well, they do tend to get in the way of incessant whining. B-)

Edited by The Senator

Sad thing is...Bryan "Baby" Bulaga would be a TREMENDOUS upgrade over anything the Bills could line up at RT right now.

Funny because Wake only got 1 sack and 1 hurry against the Bills, not 2 sacks (in regulation) and 6 hurries like against the Packers. And I'd have liked the Bills' chances much better if they faced a post-concussed Rodgers, no Jermichael Finley, and no Clay Matthews.

Edited by Doc

The fact is the Bills did not close the deal, again.

The fact is Wake is a good pass rusher for the Dolphins, while the Bills have squat.

Facts do suck

The fact is that the Bills made an offer that he considered, but in the end, HE CHOSE Miami for whatever reason. Sometimes there are many factors that players use when making decisions about who to play for. Make millions playing in Buffalo, or make similar money to play in Miami? (playing in a sport thats played outdoors in the fall/winter months I might add)

The fact is you were wrong and can't admit it.

I'm still waiting for him to provide documented evidence as to which specific picks Tom Modrak is responsible for grading highly.

He asserted Modrak graded Poz higher than Willis, McCargo higher than Ngata, and Maybin the highest of any pass rusher in the 2009 draft. The fact that the Bills made these selections is not proof that the Director of College Scouting graded them all highly nor does it exhibit how much influence or sway he has in the group of talent evaluators making the actual draft day decisions.

It's entirely possible, but I cannot find any evidence that Marv made these comments about Poz and McCargo (I know they felt McCargo fit Jauron's Tampa-2 scheme better than Ngata, which is unfortunate) nor any hard (hell, even soft) proof of what specifically Modrak is responsible.

Yeah, offering him a contract showed that the Bills were "asleep at the switch."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/1186/dolphins-give-cfl-sackmaster-wake-record-deal

Facts suck.

again you dont do your homework. the bills did indeed offer him a contract and pursued him hard he choose Miami over the bills.

try doing your homework before posting next time.

The fact is Wake is a good pass rusher for the Dolphins, while the Bills have squat.

Facts do suck

what did you want the bills to do put a gun to his head. his own agent said the bills gave him a great offer . he chose the sun over the snow .

again people trying to blame nix and the bills for screwing up but they were in reality all over the kid and did the best the could.

you cant make a player sign a contract but half you guys who just want to hate on the bills once again were talking out their behinds.

The fact is you were wrong and can't admit it.

I have never understood the need for some here to always think they are right....as if it hurts their "internet status" or someting.....

I have been wrong....many times. Unless you are actually working for the bills you are going to be wrong an awful lot about the goings on there.

what did you want the bills to do put a gun to his head. his own agent said the bills gave him a great offer . he chose the sun over the snow .

again people trying to blame nix and the bills for screwing up but they were in reality all over the kid and did the best the could.

you cant make a player sign a contract but half you guys who just want to hate on the bills once again were talking out their behinds.

That maybe one reason but I think he chose Miami over us because they were running the 3-4.

If I were Wake, I'd have chosen Miami as well. Unless the Bills blew me...

Unfortunately, it seems like this is what it will take to bring in any high caliber free agents this coming off-season.

Unfortunately, it seems like this is what it will take to bring in any high caliber free agents this coming off-season.

Even then they'd take the BJ, and say "Pych! I'm not playing for a franchise that puts out so easy. South Beach here I come."

Seriously Free Agency has proven to be very difficult here in Buffalo. We need to build a playoff team through the draft then we might have a chance to sign free agents to close the deal. But since there are more people born in Buffalo that don't live in Buffalo, its not likely people are going to choose to come to a disorganized franchise at the bottom of the league with less than favorable living conditions.

Even then they'd take the BJ, and say "Pych! I'm not playing for a franchise that puts out so easy. South Beach here I come."

Seriously Free Agency has proven to be very difficult here in Buffalo. We need to build a playoff team through the draft then we might have a chance to sign free agents to close the deal. But since there are more people born in Buffalo that don't live in Buffalo, its not likely people are going to choose to come to a disorganized franchise at the bottom of the league with less than favorable living conditions.

From 2002-05, Buffalo was an attractive place for relatively big name FAs. I think there was probably a feeling that the Bills were a steadily improving team with competent management in place and a willingness to do what it takes to win. It might take another year or two (assuming that Nix, Whaley, and Moody are doing a competent job) of reBILLding, but I suspect it won't always be this bad. I get the sense, though, that players aren't just laughing at the team on the field as Donte attests--- Karlos Dansby probably thought it was pretty funny that the Bills tried to talk him into coming here, too.

Facts do suck

The fact is that it's not possible to close a deal if the other guy doesn't want to do it. What you can do is give the guy every reason to choose you by making as good an offer as possible, an offer better than anyone else's, which the Bills did.

You accused the Bills of being asleep at the switch, which they clearly were not.

And yes, facts do indeed suck.

Edited by Thurman#1