1. 1. Who would you draft #1 today in 2011

• QB Andrew Luck, Stanford
    • QB Jake Locker, Washington
    • DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio St.
    • DE Allen Bailey. Miami
    • OLB LB Bruce Carter, North Carolina

Look at this seasons stats for Fitz.

Att 85, Comp 52, Yds 595, Td's 7, Int's 2, Rating 99.9 :worthy:

Now compare are Defenseless stats points surrendered a game 32.2, rush yards a game 182.4, 1 int all year and 6 sacks.

I don't think we need to draft offensive players, but and entire front 7 on defense. :wallbash:

DE Cameron Heyward

DE Allen Bailey

OLB Bruce Carter

Edited by bisonbrigade

I hate to think about the draft so early on in the season.. But its hard not too.. We need to find out about our own defense first. Guys like Maybin, Moats, Coleman

I hate seeing Torbor out there on defense. The guy sucks plain and simple. So does Ayodele.. Embarrassing....

I hate to think about the draft so early on in the season.. But its hard not too.. We need to find out about our own defense first. Guys like Maybin, Moats, Coleman

I hate seeing Torbor out there on defense. The guy sucks plain and simple. So does Ayodele.. Embarrassing....

Poz is the teams best LB, and that is saying something. Torbor and Ayodele are a joke. Maybin gets absorbed by OT. :wallbash:

Look at this seasons stats for Fitz.

Att 85, Comp 52, Yds 595, Td's 7, Int's 2, Rating 99.9 :worthy:

I was going to point this out too but you beat me to it. Fitz has played pretty darn well. If I told you we'd have a QB this year after this first 3 games would have this line, you would have jumped on it. That's a 61 % comp percentage! Our offense is no longer our problem. Our defense is horrible. Put this offense with a decent D and we're probably 3-2 right now.

Last years defense would let the other team march all the way down the field but at least keep them out the end zone a good bit of the time. This years defense lets the other team march all the way down the field and score a TD. We're worse against the run if you could believe that happening.

I guess this allows Coach Gailey to tinker with the offense and get some thing going without having to worry about winning some games and messing up our draft position.

I was going to point this out too but you beat me to it. Fitz has played pretty darn well. If I told you we'd have a QB this year after this first 3 games would have this line, you would have jumped on it. That's a 61 % comp percentage! Our offense is no longer our problem. Our defense is horrible. Put this offense with a decent D and we're probably 3-2 right now.

Last years defense would let the other team march all the way down the field but at least keep them out the end zone a good bit of the time. This years defense lets the other team march all the way down the field and score a TD. We're worse against the run if you could believe that happening.

I guess this allows Coach Gailey to tinker with the offense and get some thing going without having to worry about winning some games and messing up our draft position.

Draft a DE #1, QB's Mallet or Ponder in round #2, and Defense with picks number #3, #4 and #4(from Lynch). After that draft OL depth. Also pick put some bodies in FA. Someone who can block, at least alittle.

Edited by bisonbrigade

Draft a DE #1, QB's Mallet or Ponder in round #2, and Defense with picks number #3, #4 and #4(from Lynch). After that draft OL depth. Also pick put some bodies in FA. Someone who can block, at least alittle.

Oh my God, Buddy, is that you?!

terrible draft plan

Edited by NaPolian8693

Oh my God, Buddy, is that you?!

terrible draft plan

:rolleyes: say something of substance for a change :thumbdown:

ie: trade down from the first and get a later 1st and a second, second. I agree a playmaker 1st on the D a possible franchise qb in the 2nd and a good OT. maybe a play making TE (I'm leaning to this in the 3rd), LBs 3-6, whatever 7th & BPA always.

Next year IS THE year to look for good FA LBs too. And D player in general.

The Bills could draft him at #33, 1st pick in the second round.

No, they really couldn't - he'll be gone in the top 5, maybe #1 overall, but will most definitely be the first QB drafted. But they could draft Locker in round 4, or Luck when he graduates in 2012 (if they still need a QB after getting a good look at Brohm, and if they lose out on Mallett, and if Luck continues to improve -rather than implode or get injured - and if the Bills will be drafting that high in 2012).

Guest dog14787

I like Greg Mcelroy out of bama, the guys thrown 26 TD's to 7 INT with a 169 QB rating over the last two seasons and just lost his first game over the weekend since middle school.(SC)

strenght offensive line 1st

strenght defensive line 2nd

everything else will look better then.

Everybody knows that the game in won in the trenches but when the draft comes in, people get psyche on supposed superstars that have yet proved nothing in the nfl.

Don't be lured by good looking prospect

Threads like this are what happen when you stop watching the games and get fooled by stats in the paper...fitz has seen his stats get a big boost with garbage time TDs Including a meaningless TD at the end of the game the last 2 weeks when the game was out of reach. This guys accuracy has been awful too and even his completed throws are inconsistent with several requiring amazing catches by our WRs...many of which almost got our WRs killed...he is not playing nearly as well as you are implying

I agree with this point. Fitz is a good backup. The reality is a superstar at QB can win games, make key third down throws, key red zone throws, bring a team from behind in the fourth quarter regardless of the quality of the opponent. Fitz is not going to do that. That said, the lack of talent all over the field is consistent with an expansion team, we need help everywhere.

Threads like this are what happen when you stop watching the games and get fooled by stats in the paper...fitz has seen his stats get a big boost with garbage time TDs Including a meaningless TD at the end of the game the last 2 weeks when the game was out of reach. This guys accuracy has been awful too and even his completed throws are inconsistent with several requiring amazing catches by our WRs...many of which almost got our WRs killed...he is not playing nearly as well as you are implying

I don't watch college football (something about kickers wearing #'s like 85, and still missing gimme field goals just tears me up- YOU'RE A KICKER!! THAT'S ALL YOU DO IN PRACTICE IS KICK FIELD GOALS!! YOU ARE ON A SCHOLARSHIP TO KICK FIELD GOALS!!!).

QB and DE are huge needs on this team. I don't know either Mallett or Luck, but everything I seem to be hearing is that Luck's stock is rising but Mallett's is falling. And how cool would it be for a QB named Luck to be leading the Bills?

Imagine the banter: "The Bills can now win it all since Luck is now on our side". Or not.

But we also need a Bruce Smith clone. We have NO pass rush. Nobody on defense that can consistently mess up opposing offenses. Demand double teams, which would free up other players (Cue: Chris Kelsay to start earning his money) to make plays. Pressure opposing QB's into throwing ill-timed passes for our talented secondary to feed on. We don't have that player.

I don't know if the top college pass rushers are any good, but if you ask me who should the Bills get first: Jim Kelly or Bruce Smith?

Now, that's a tough one!