Nix speaks

The Kelsay signing isn't ridiculous. We locked in an average player, who is destined to be a backup once we have some good drafts- at that point, he will be a veteran player, who knows the system at a low price. People are up in arms that it looks like he is getting a bonanza and a reward for sub par play, but that isn't the case. Probably works out to about the same amount.

Sentence by sentence.

Yes, IMO signing Kelsay for that money is ridiculous.

Why are you happy locking in an average player at best? BTW he is a veteran player now. Why do you assume he will be a backup? How can you possibly assume the Bills will have good drafts someday? How can you say there is benefit to knowing a system when the talent level is inadequate? Where do you get the idea he is working for a low price?

Honestly, you are living in Buddy Nix dreamland.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sentence by sentence.

Yes, IMO signing Kelsay for that money is ridiculous.

Why are you happy locking in an average player at best? BTW he is a veteran player now. Why do you assume he will be a backup? How can you possibly assume the Bills will have good drafts someday? How can you say there is benefit to knowing a system when the talent level is inadequate? Where do you get the idea he is working for a low price?

Honestly, you are living in Buddy Nix dreamland.

Come on, man- you are smarter than this. Although the idea of getting rid of everyone is very inviting, it is unrealistic. You can't go as an expansion type team and try to play fantasy football with free agents.

Kelsay is being payed like an average player and maybe he will look better when there are better guys up front- hopefully he will be reserved to special teams. Either way, his cap number won't break the bank.

Nix and Gailey will have to decide who goes and when. You have to assume we will have good drafts, because if we don't, then nothing else matters and we will be starting over in a few years again anyways. If that happens, so be it....

What you say is mostly true and as I noted they deserve some criticism for it. But I disagree that little can be done in the time we're in. It's true that the replacements are not as good as the present starters. But that's just for now. They have upside the starters don't have and need to play to improve. I'd move Stroud, Whitner and others to capture some picks and lose Green and a few others and play the rooks. Don't lose 10 to 12 games with vets and has-beens, play your draft picks and be better for it next year.

I would agree with you if I trusted the quality of players the Bills had in reserve. We all know that there were concerns that the Bills had reached in many rounds of this draft. They now seem warranted by their lack of impact. And aside from possibly David Nelson, they did not get any help in any form of free agency.

Just the fact that you had to dig deep to unearth David Nelson speaks volumes.

Not sure what it says. Drew Pearson was an undrafted free agent too. Not saying David Nelson is as good as Drew Pearson, but just because he wasn't drafted doesn't really mean anything. What he's done so far on the field speaks volumes.

I would agree with you if I trusted the quality of players the Bills had in reserve.  We all know that there were concerns that the Bills had reached in many rounds of this draft.  They now seem warranted by their lack of impact.  And aside from possibly David Nelson, they did not get any help in any form of free agency.

David Nelson brings up an interesting concept.

I believe signing Nelson was the direct aftermath of the infatuation with Tim Tebow. Although denied vehemently by the Bills, the grand scheme was to bring Tebow and Spiller in to run the spread offense. Ralph's reaction to Dnever's moves in the draft to steal Tebow speak volumes about the Bills true intentions. 

The little real live scouting the team did was focused on the Gators and Tebow, and turned up Nelson as a viable WR prospect.  

Once Tebow was gone, their QB was gone and plan B was to tank the season to as to not lose out on a QB in 2011.

The fact that the Bills have squat for OTs means either - Gailey and Nix are complete morons or by design they are tanking the season. Further enhanced by the fact that the Bills cut loose restricted free agents Scott and Incognito - 2 guys who would have been huge upgrades to the crap on the OL now. 

I just cannot believe how much Nix contradiceted himself - its clear he has no idea whats going on.

"We arent going to keep losing with the same guys - we are going to get rid of those guys"

- Yet you resigned Chris Kelsay who has been one of the main reasons the Bills havent made the playoffs this milenium

"We arent going to give up draft picks - they are too valuable to our future"

- Yea, I have been so impressed with Troupe/Carrington/etc. I cant wait to see what our future looks like :rolleyes:

As each day passes I become more and more convinced my intial reaction to Nix/Chan was dead on... WTF???

I just cannot believe how much Nix contradiceted himself - its clear he has no idea whats going on.

"We arent going to keep losing with the same guys - we are going to get rid of those guys"

- Yet you resigned Chris Kelsay who has been one of the main reasons the Bills havent made the playoffs this milenium

"We arent going to give up draft picks - they are too valuable to our future"

- Yea, I have been so impressed with Troupe/Carrington/etc. I cant wait to see what our future looks like :rolleyes:

As each day passes I become more and more convinced my intial reaction to Nix/Chan was dead on... WTF???

Another thing that bothered me (minor but noteworthy) Is Nix pointing out how other teams are struggling too. After week 1 he told the MMQBC (paraphrasing) that we are doing the same thing that 15 other teams are doing, we are searching for answers. In this last 7 minute presser he said "anybody that's 0-4 or 1-3 are doing the same thing we're doing..." Buddy, I don't give a rats ass if there are other struggling teams. I don't follow the Raiders or Browns and you are not their GM. And at the rate you're going the group that you are keeping company with will grow smaller and smaller each week.

David Nelson brings up an interesting concept.

I believe signing Nelson was the direct aftermath of the infatuation with Tim Tebow. Although denied vehemently by the Bills, the grand scheme was to bring Tebow and Spiller in to run the spread offense. Ralph's reaction to Dnever's moves in the draft to steal Tebow speak volumes about the Bills true intentions. 

The little real live scouting the team did was focused on the Gators and Tebow, and turned up Nelson as a viable WR prospect.  

Once Tebow was gone, their QB was gone and plan B was to tank the season to as to not lose out on a QB in 2011.

The fact that the Bills have squat for OTs means either - Gailey and Nix are complete morons or by design they are tanking the season. Further enhanced by the fact that the Bills cut loose restricted free agents Scott and Incognito - 2 guys who would have been huge upgrades to the crap on the OL now. 

I don't think that is at all accurate, but if it were, they should've taken Hernandez instead of Carrington.

Another thing that bothered me (minor but noteworthy) Is Nix pointing out how other teams are struggling too. After week 1 he told the MMQBC (paraphrasing) that we are doing the same thing that 15 other teams are doing, we are searching for answers. In this last 7 minute presser he said "anybody that's 0-4 or 1-3 are doing the same thing we're doing..." Buddy, I don't give a rats ass if there are other struggling teams. I don't follow the Raiders or Browns and you are not their GM. And at the rate you're going the group that you are keeping company with will grow smaller and smaller each week.

Hey Buddy... do you not realise you are one of the reasons they are struggling?

You could have solved our OL issues by trading a 2011 3rd rounder for the LT Brown, drafted Bulaga to play the other T and Jerry to start at G. You could of Tendered Incognito and moved Wood to C. WOW!!! an OL!!!

We could have a promising young QB in Clausen (whether you liked him or not he does have a chance to be good. and its the 2nd round)

You could have moved on from trent last year.

you could of cut Kelsay and brought in someone else who doesnt suck. Then you could of not resigned him to suck even more.

- Worst of all these are moves a lot of people wanted and are "obvious" Why not make them? They make so much sense.

Hey Buddy... do you not realise you are one of the reasons they are struggling?

You could have solved our OL issues by trading a 2011 3rd rounder for the LT Brown, drafted Bulaga to play the other T and Jerry to start at G. You could of Tendered Incognito and moved Wood to C. WOW!!! an OL!!!

We could have a promising young QB in Clausen (whether you liked him or not he does have a chance to be good. and its the 2nd round)

You could have moved on from trent last year.

you could of cut Kelsay and brought in someone else who doesnt suck. Then you could of not resigned him to suck even more.

- Worst of all these are moves a lot of people wanted and are "obvious" Why not make them? They make so much sense.

It seems like it took Nix and Gailey 6 months to figure out what the average Bills fan already knew. And these are the two that are going to "turn this thing around"? :unsure:

It seems like it took Nix and Gailey 6 months to figure out what the average Bills fan already knew. And these are the two that are going to "turn this thing around"? :unsure:

the saddest part is Buddy was on the payroll all of last year, so it's not like he came in cold at the last minute and was surprised.

hell- he had input to the Maybin pick last year

old age is definitely impacting his talent evaluation skills  

I like the part where he said "We aren't going to keep doing the same thing, and that is losing, with the same people who aren't producing...we just aren't gonna do that."

Definitely a huge step in the right direction, IMHO

Yeah he really looked like it by picking Spiller, called the best player in the entire draft by multiple scouts and/or people in the know(not people like Mel Kiper...people who know their **** like Mike Mayock)

the saddest part is Buddy was on the payroll all of last year, so it's not like he came in cold at the last minute and was surprised.

hell- he had input to the Maybin pick last year

It's ironic that Buffalo's top 3 picks in 2010 were all southern guys. Yes, it's a talent rich area but Nix and Darrell Moody have an avowed love of the southern area from their work there. Heck, Buddy lived in TN while Pro Personnel Director for SD.

It's ironic that Buffalo's top 3 picks in 2010 were all southern guys.  Yes, it's a talent rich area but Nix and Darrell Moody have an avowed love of the southern area from their work there.  Heck, Buddy lived in TN while Pro Personnel Director for SD.

wouldn't be surprised if Buddy still lives in Tenn

we know Modrak lives in Flordia

I like the part where he said "We aren't going to keep doing the same thing, and that is losing, with the same people who aren't producing...we just aren't gonna do that."

Definitely a huge step in the right direction, IMHO

Yeah he really looked like it by picking Spiller, called the best player in the entire draft by multiple scouts and/or people in the know(not people like Mel Kiper...people who know their **** like Mike Mayock)

Dude stop living in your own little dream world. I couldnt name 1 person who had Spiller at #1.

Mayocks 1 and 2 were McCoy Suh. Nice way to fabricate BS. (He also had Bradford, Earl Thomas, and Bryant ahead of Spiller, and those are just a few skill players I can think of off the top of my head)

Edited by Thoner7