TE and Jax - Is this kinda lame or is it just me?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article212821.ece

Chan Gailey: "He can give them a few of our calls and he can give them a few of our signals, probably. <...> He can tell them a little bit of the protection situations that we've got and what some issues might be with that. "

He was the starter.

Wouldn't he be expected to know more than "a few" calls and "a few" signals and "a few" protection situations?

Seems to me either Gailey is talking very lame -- grossly underestimating the impact of essentially having your starting QB playing for the other team

Or Edwards was worse than we knew -- wouldn't you expect a starting QB to have mastery of the entire offensive playbook, all of the signals, all of the calls, all of the protections, 100%, shake him awake at 2 am and he could explain, roll over, and go back to sleep?

Football players amoungst us -- what's usual and typical here to expect of the QB? A few, or the whole enchilada?

Chan Gailey: "He can give them a few of our calls and he can give them a few of our signals, probably. <...> He can tell them a little bit of the protection situations that we've got and what some issues might be with that. "

He was the starter.

Wouldn't he be expected to know more than "a few" calls and "a few" signals and "a few" protection situations?

Seems to me either Gailey is talking very lame -- grossly underestimating the impact of essentially having your starting QB playing for the other team

Or Edwards was worse than we knew -- wouldn't you expect a starting QB to have mastery of the entire offensive playbook, all of the signals, all of the calls, all of the protections, 100%, shake him awake at 2 am and he could explain, roll over, and go back to sleep?

Football players amoungst us -- what's usual and typical here to expect of the QB? A few, or the whole enchilada?

Yeh, it's just B.S., but what do you expect him to say?

This may be one of the games that the Bills will steal this year.

Is this what he is supposed to say?

Gailey: "Yes, Trent knows all of our signals and calls, we're screwed. I don't even know why we are playing this game. The staff and I didn't do anything to counter this at all."

I'm sure Chan thought of something, but you can't change everything in two weeks.

He was the starter.

Judging from the way Edwards played behind the same o-line, and the limited play selection he seemed to use?

Um, no.

Edwards will tell them to cover the running backs on pass plays. He will tell his new coach, "this play is a checkdown" on pretty much all passing plays.

:lol:

Yeh, it's just B.S., but what do you expect him to say?

This may be one of the games that the Bills will steal this year.

...IF Jones-Drew is held under 100 yards and 2 TDs. Which he won't be.

Since Trent never audibled, would he even know those calls? Plus, I could see his debriefing sessions with Del Rio going something like this:

Edwards: "Okay, this next play is Steve Johnson running a 6-yard hitch on the right, with the tailback leaking out to the left flat."

Del Rio: "What does Lee Evans do on the play?"

Edwards: "Who the hell is Lee Evans?"

I'm hoping Garrard hits his hand on a defenders helmet. Nothing serious but enough to put Trent in. If I were Chan I'd call a jailbreak blitz every down and watch the urine run down Trent's leg.

PTR

This would require a defender to be near the QB.

Guest dog14787

TE is going to help the Jaguars not only this Sunday against the Bills, but also going into the future. Trent Edwards (thanks to Gailey) now has a good understanding of how certain plays set up other plays. Just because Trent never received good enough protection in Buffalo to use the information on the football field doesn't mean Trent Edwards won't put the knowledge to work helping another football team.

Releasing Trent Edwards the way the Bills did is one of the worse, most unprofessional moves I've ever seen this or any organization make. TE wasn't a trouble maker, a cancer in the locker room, or a player who lacked motivation, just the opposite. Trent Edwards is a goal oriented individual with one thing in mind,to win a Championship.

The Buffalo Bills deserve to have Trent Edwards and the Jaguars come into Buffalo and kick our ass and it might not be Trent on the football field , but you can bet Trent Edwards played a role in our teams demise on Sunday.

The way I look at it now, Trent Edwards is just helping us move one step closer to the first pick overall in the draft...

He was the starter.

It makes sense because I am sure Gailey and the coaching staff are working to change and alter the calls and terminology for this game. But to overhaul everything would not make sense (they have been working on this since OTA's), so they will tweak it. Hence, Trent will be able to pick up on some things and general protection philosophy, but the terminology will be altered as to not allow them to pick up on everything. So what he is saying makes complete sense to me.

We did this in High School when we played our rival. Our head coach's old assistant was the new head coach at our rival school. The week of the game we changed our calls and terminology. Sure enough first play of the game, where we altered the terminology, the defense shifted completely to one side of the field in anticipation of the "picked up' call. The play was completely different and went for 6. We won 38-22. So I know if it happens at a high school level, it happens at the professional level as well.... to some extent.

TE is going to help the Jaguars not only this Sunday against the Bills, but also going into the future. Trent Edwards (thanks to Gailey) now has a good understanding of how certain plays set up other plays. Just because Trent never received good enough protection in Buffalo to use the information on the football field doesn't mean Trent Edwards won't put the knowledge to work helping another football team.

Releasing Trent Edwards the way the Bills did is one of the worse, most unprofessional moves I've ever seen this or any organization make. TE wasn't a trouble maker, a cancer in the locker room, or a player who lacked motivation, just the opposite. Trent Edwards is a goal oriented individual with one thing in mind,to win a Championship.

The Buffalo Bills deserve to have Trent Edwards and the Jaguars come into Buffalo and kick our ass and it might not be Trent on the football field , but you can bet Trent Edwards played a role in our teams demise on Sunday.

The way I look at it now, Trent Edwards is just helping us move one step closer to the first pick overall in the draft...

Well he certainly started us down the road to the #1 overall pick by absolutely sucking it up in game 1 and 2. If we lose come Sunday it will be because MJD ran for 215 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Guest dog14787

Well he certainly started us down the road to the #1 overall pick by absolutely sucking it up in game 1 and 2. If we lose come Sunday it will be because MJD ran for 215 yards and 3 touchdowns.

and who says TE's not a fan of the Buffalo Bills

This proves that you are a Trent ball licker and not a Bills fan. I hope Trent plays this Sunday and we break both of his vaginas, one of which has to be amputated. You should leave this board and join Jacksonvilles, and cover yourself with a tarp, twirp.

Edited by ConradDobler

Guest dog14787

This proves that you are a Trent ball licker and not a Bills fan. I hope Trent plays this Sunday and we break both of his vaginas, one of which has to be amputated. You should leave this board and join Jacksonvilles, and cover yourself with a tarp, twirp.

Already did Conradturdface,

My daughter lives in Jacksonville and although she's not an avid football fan, my hope is she eventually will be,

As far as my Bills go, born in Buffalo and will always be a Die hard Bills fan regardless of how screwed up we may be.

Since Trent never audibled, would he even know those calls? Plus, I could see his debriefing sessions with Del Rio going something like this:

Edwards: "Okay, this next play is Steve Johnson running a 6-yard hitch on the right, with the tailback leaking out to the left flat."

Del Rio: "What does Lee Evans do on the play?"

Edwards: "Who the hell is Lee Evans?"

:w00t:

They always say, you can tell the opposing team the exact play...but if you execute the way you're supposed to execute, they still can't stop it.

Oh well then.

(We're screwed)

This is a funny thread :thumbsup: I figured he just went to kinkos on the way out of town

What's that you say? Whaa? What's that? He just went kinky on the way out of town?

Now I have a visual. Waaaaaaaay TMI.

We are so, so screwed.

Brudda?

I'm hoping Garrard hits his hand on a defenders helmet. Nothing serious but enough to put Trent in. If I were Chan I'd call a jailbreak blitz every down and watch the urine run down Trent's leg.

PTR

Trent won the job against BUFFALO'S DEFENSE...it was against others that he struggled...

...so I would be careful of what we wish for. :ph34r:

Already did Conradturdface,

My daughter lives in Jacksonville and although she's not an avid football fan, my hope is she eventually will be,

As far as my Bills go, born in Buffalo and will always be a Die hard Bills fan regardless of how screwed up we may be.

Dog, this guy dragged the Bills down to his level since he was drafted. Now that he is on another team I will damn his very existence. If you want to cheer for him, that's OK by me, but not when it comes to playing the Bills. Your previous post makes you a Trent fan, not a Bills fan.

Edited by ConradDobler

Edwards will tell them to cover the running backs on pass plays. He will tell his new coach, "this play is a checkdown" on pretty much all passing plays.

He was the guy turning every play into a checkdown.

I think people are overrating his ability to help JAX. What's he going to tell them "Pick on Green, he is terrible"? Anyone watching some film of the Bills will know the weak links (if they can keep track of all of them) and strengths. He knows what plays they like to use in certain situations, but they don't have to be predictable.

The Bills biggest enemy, no matter who they play, is themselves.

:lol:

...IF Jones-Drew is held under 100 yards and 2 TDs. Which he won't be.

If Jones Drew doesn't get 100 yards I'll grow a Tom Brady haircut.

Tsk tsk dog. He called you a ball-licker.