Jay Glazier's comments about Buffalo...

Booger

Are you saying that poster is wrong about Lynch?

Absolutely. Are you saying he's right?! If so, what games were YOU watching..?

Lynch is an pansy, unless you like 225lbd backs that are afraid to get tackled. He will always run from contact, and his futile efforts to look like he is running hard are just a reaction to feeling vulnerable upon contact. It's self defense not toughness. Repeat he will sacrifice yards, to avoid all contact.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Santino Holmes is traded for a 5th , moss is traded for a third and lynch for a 4th, I get it that Lynch has one more year on his contract then the first two I mentioned but he is also one mistake from being bounced.

Veterns do not bring a lot back.

I bought a new car for 20K 3 years ago. It has low mileage because I was out of town for months. The warranty has expired. It runs great but makes a little ticking noise. I wouldn't worry about it. I will sell this car for 16K or best offer.

im picking up what your putting down,but if i offered u $7500, would you take it? i understand a players value(or anythings value)is determined by what someone else would pay. it just seems like another failure to trade an '07 12th overall pick for a pair of much later picks. i just wanna freakn win!! doesnt seem to matter,pickn a coach,pickn free agents,pickn draft picks,or choosing the damn starter, we always seem to lose. the 90s feel very far away. thank you for reading.

im picking up what your putting down,but if i offered u $7500, would you take it? i understand a players value(or anythings value)is determined by what someone else would pay. it just seems like another failure to trade an '07 12th overall pick for a pair of much later picks. i just wanna freakn win!! doesnt seem to matter,pickn a coach,pickn free agents,pickn draft picks,or choosing the damn starter, we always seem to lose. the 90s feel very far away. thank you for reading.

Demanding Buffalo wins this year is like demanding that Christmas happen tomorrow. It's just not in the cards, homey.

You seem to forget that he was one more off the field incident away from a major suspension, no way does a team give up much more than a third rounder for him and finally he would have walked from the Bills at the end of his contract. There was a time that I enjoyed Lynch's play but not recently - remember last year he was a dud. Time to move on. The Bills were smart to get what they could for him. This team is in rebuild mode and shhould be stockpiling draft picks.

I wondered if Glazer mentioned that.

Wait, who said we had to trade him for anything?

If I have sports car that I could get rid of but nobody is offering me what it's worth I don't sell it. We potentially gave Seattle the answer to their prayers and running game problem and got in return a 4th round pick with a 6th thrown in for good measure? Look at what we have drafted with those picks!!! Not other teams, US!. Don't give me 1 in a million success stories like Tom Brady, drafted by another team by the way. Look at our 4th round and 6th round picks over the last 15 years or so.

Does it seem like such a good idea now?

I like the car analogy:

It's like you have a pickup with 70,000 miles and an equivalent pick up with 20,000 miles, and the fast sports car in the garage. Well the world caves in, you lose your dog, job's going bad, etc and you decide really only need one truck.

In the mean time no one will give you a dime for the older Dodge, so you get what you can for the newer one to get you back on your feet. May as well keep the sports car as it is more likely to appreciate in value.

I like the car analogy:

When you go to work on an old car, first you see what's broke and what's not. Brakes are good, tires are fair, fan belt's broken, AC doesn't work, seats are ripped. So the first thing you do is get new brakes? Then throw away the good brakes you have?

Wait, who was offering a 1st rounder? Or more than a 4th rounder? :unsure:

If it is true that we could have gotten a third rounder next year at the draft when it was draft day 2010, then yes, I think it was not a good deal for the Bills.

"I will be able to figure out women before I will be able to figure out the Buffalo Bills"

This was in reference to the Marshawn Lynch trade and only getting a 4th and 6th in return for "a first round talent". Commented on it being a huge pickup for the Seahawks and and impressive move for their young GM.

Anyway, before anyone and everyone starts trying to discredit Glazier and that "he does not know anthing", Howie Long was the guest on before Glazier and commented that he is one of, if not the, best in the buiness. Remember, these are the same "professionals" that said Buffalo was going to be TERRIBLE this year, "worst team ever", etc, etc......

Anyway, at this point it is not something that we all dont know, but Buffalo is the whipping post of the league and CONTINUES to be with moves such as the Lynch trade.

He is right...this organization, this franchise, this team...whatever the !@#$ you want to call it, is a complete joke!

I hope Lynch goes onto have a very solid career...I hope he goes into the Hall of Fame and beats us in the Super Bowl some year!

You seem to forget that he was one more off the field incident away from a major suspension, no way does a team give up much more than a third rounder for him and finally he would have walked from the Bills at the end of his contract.  There was a time that I enjoyed Lynch's play but not recently - remember last year he was a dud.  Time to move on.  The Bills were smart to get what they could for him.  This team is in rebuild mode and shhould be stockpiling draft picks.

Shefter said Seattle offered a 3rd just last week for Lynch.

Instead the Bills wanted 2 picks - so took a lower #4 and a 6th a year later.

They did the same thing with teh Eagles with Peters - where they took thier lower 1st rounder but got an extra low round pick 

the Bills grade trades by the number of picks, not the quality of the picks.

"I will be able to figure out women before I will be able to figure out the Buffalo Bills"

This was in reference to the Marshawn Lynch trade and only getting a 4th and 6th in return for "a first round talent". Commented on it being a huge pickup for the Seahawks and and impressive move for their young GM.

Anyway, before anyone and everyone starts trying to discredit Glazier and that "he does not know anthing", Howie Long was the guest on before Glazier and commented that he is one of, if not the, best in the buiness. Remember, these are the same "professionals" that said Buffalo was going to be TERRIBLE this year, "worst team ever", etc, etc......

Anyway, at this point it is not something that we all dont know, but Buffalo is the whipping post of the league and CONTINUES to be with moves such as the Lynch trade.

So the Bills suck for getting a likely high 4th and a 5th/6th for Marshawn Lynch who has and always will be a totally average RB in the NFL, and the Pats get props for getting a likely low 3rd rounder for a future Hall of Fame WR who might not be in his prime, but is pretty close?

I mean the draft value charts differences between the 2 deals is likely under 20 points, so I am not sure how the Pats get props and we get dogged. In terms of talent, there is no comparison between Moss and Lynch...Hall of Fame WR vs. Average NFL RB

Edited by matter2003

What would you consider trading Moss for a 3rd rounder? To me, that's the Pats throwing in the towel on this season and giving the division to the Jets. For what, a late 3rd rounder next year?

The skinny I hear from my friends the Pats fans (yes, I do have friends who are Pats fans) is, NE really likes its young receivers, thinks they are coming on well.

They also thought Moss was a bad influence on the young players -- taking plays off, not giving it his all for 100% of the game, rumors of locker room/practice stuff

That it's partly sending a message -- get with the program, buy in to the coaching, or Get Out.

I don't think NE is throwing in the towel on this season.

But time will tell.