Jay Glazier's comments about Buffalo...

Booger

Wait, who said we had to trade him for anything?

If I have sports car that I could get rid of but nobody is offering me what it's worth I don't sell it.

If you had three sports cars, each with a limited life, each of which needs a bunch of mileage each week to perform at it's best, you would. Or watch all three sports cars degrade. Or you'd hold onto it, never get an offer that matches your overblown opinion of it's worth, and watch all your cars edge towards the end of their life, each performing below capability because it didn't get enough road miles w/ your limited driving time.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many factors to consider. That Moss was traded for what should be a late 3rd rounder (versus the early 4th plus a 6th rounder in 2012 the Bills will get) makes me feel less bad about the trade. Then you have to consider there might not be a 2011 season and Lynch has 1 year left on his contract (with an option year in 2012 that won't be exercised). Then you have to consider the Bills got worse offers over the off-season for him, and after some RB's have gone down, the offers didn't improve that much. Meaning RB's aren't as highly valued in trade. Last of all, this is clearly a rebuilding year for the Bills.

Between his off the field incidents,and his lackluster performance last year.... If Marshawn Lynch was coming out of college this year after a strong sophomore and junior year, a senior year with suspension, and low production, he would not be considered a 1st round talent.

It is very possible to get guys with the sheer talent of Marshawn Lynch in the 4th, but they come with heavy injury or off field baggage (as just two examples of why a physical specimen can fall). Lynch has become that guy, but is paid as a first rounder, and has those legal strikes on his NFL record.

Edited by NoSaint

The Difference is the Pats spent a 4th round pick to get Randy Moss, got good production then traded him for a 3rd, getting more value than they paid.

Where the Bills used a 1st round pick for Lynch, then couldn't figure out how to use him in a crowded backfield, and traded him for a 4th, getting considerable less value than they paid.

Bad franchises make bad decisions thats why they are bad.

Wait, who said we had to trade him for anything?

If I have sports car that I could get rid of but nobody is offering me what it's worth I don't sell it.

Maybe you don't ... maybe you do

What if you not only have a sports car ... but you have three sports cars (with their inherent increased insurance costs, maintenance costs, etc) and you only have a one car garage so two of your sports cars are being neglected out in the elements ... and OH-by-the-way ... your wife has just told you she was pregnent with twins and therefore you feel your transportation needs have just changed from "sporty" two seaters into the relm of the soccer mom mini-van.

Now you KNOW you are going to take a bath on a trade in .... but are you willing to trade one of those "sporty" cars in for a down payment on your new mini-van????

I think it is funny to argue about the compensation we "could have gotten".

If the Seahawks gave the Bills their entire draft it would not matter. They can't pick talent anyway.

I challenge someone to name 7 players that would start on another team and 15 players you would 'keep' on this team.

I think it is funny to argue about the compensation we "could have gotten".

If the Seahawks gave the Bills their entire draft it would not matter. They can't pick talent anyway.

I challenge someone to name 7 players that would start on another team and 15 players you would 'keep' on this team.

Eric Wood

Andy Levitre

Fred Jackson

CJ Spiller

Lee Evans

Kyle Williams

Marcus Stroud

Dwan Edwards

Paul Posluszny

Terrence McGee

Drayton Florence

Jairus Byrd

..oh wait, you only said to name 7 that could start on another NFL team.

If you had three sports cars, each with a limited life, each of which needs a bunch of mileage each week to perform at it's best, you would. Or watch all three sports cars degrade. Or you'd hold onto it, never get an offer that matches your overblown opinion of it's worth, and watch all your cars edge towards the end of their life, each performing below capability because it didn't get enough road miles w/ your limited driving time.

Then you're an idiot for stockpiling sports cars in a buyer's market. Especially since the newest one was very expensive. Maybe you should've spent that downpayment on fixing the plumbing instead.

Eric Wood

Andy Levitre

Fred Jackson

CJ Spiller

Lee Evans

Kyle Williams

Marcus Stroud

Dwan Edwards

Paul Posluszny

Terrence McGee

Drayton Florence

Jairus Byrd

I will give you the top five and McGee. The other's

Please...

I would even agree that everyone of those is keepable..

To bad the roster is made up of 53 players.

Edited by mrpunchy

Eric Wood

Andy Levitre

Fred Jackson

CJ Spiller

Lee Evans - Maybe as a 2nd WR

Kyle Williams

Marcus Stroud

Dwan Edwards

Paul Posluszny - Maybe

Terrence McGee - Maybe

Drayton Florence

Jairus Byrd - Maybe

I will give you the top five and McGee. The other

Please...

Even if you had said, "name 7 players that could start on playoff teams.." the list wouldn't be much different. Newsflash: even playoff teams have mediocre talent at various positions. No team sends 11 players to the probowl. Case in point, Dwan Edwards was a starter on a highly successful Baltimore Ravens team, but all of a sudden he's not good enough to start on any NFL team outside of Buffalo?! Please.

The Seahawks had two 4th round picks in 2010. Assuming they had traded us the first one which was the 13th pick in the 4th round the best player available we could've gotten (assuming we'd have drafted him) was Aaron Hernandez the only two OT's selected in the fourth round were Bruce Campbell at number 8 by the Raiders and Joe Fox at number 30 by Detroit. I hope we make good use of the pick next year....

Dunno about you but I'd sure as heck take Aaron Hernandez with that 4th, look who the Bills have at TE...

Anyone who doesn't think this team needs immediate help and could have used that pick this year, simply isn't aware of just how bad this current team really is.

Even if you had said, "name 7 players that could start on playoff teams.." the list wouldn't be much different. Newsflash: even playoff teams have mediocre talent at various positions. No team sends 11 players to the probowl. Case in point, Dwan Edwards was a starter on a highly successful Baltimore Ravens team, but all of a sudden he's not good enough to start on any NFL team outside of Buffalo?! Please.

The difference is you are listing the Bills best talent (and some of them are good)and those same people are the mediocre talent on other teams.

You don't think that Bills are the worst team in the NFL do you? They are and it's sole reason is because of an inability to draft.

The difference is you are listing the Bills best talent (and some of them are good)and those same people are the mediocre talent on other teams.

You don't think that Bills are the worst team in the NFL do you? They are and it's sole reason is because of an inability to draft.

What difference does it make if I list the Bills best talent? Your challenge was to name 7 players that could start on any other NFL team. I did. Challenge over. The Bills are the worst team in the NFL, but it's not because they lack NFL starters, it's because they lack difference makers.

What difference does it make if I list the Bills best talent? Your challenge was to name 7 players that could start on any other NFL team. I did. Challenge over. The Bills are the worst team in the NFL, but it's not because they lack NFL starters, it's because they lack difference makers.

Sigh.. what is the point? Blind ignorance to inept management and constantly selling out games with below average talent has allowed this franchise to become what it is .. a laughing stock. It is not Ralph's fault, it is ours simply for blind loyalty and acceptance of 'rebuilding'.

The Difference is the Pats spent a 4th round pick to get Randy Moss, got good production then traded him for a 3rd, getting more value than they paid.

Where the Bills used a 1st round pick for Lynch, then couldn't figure out how to use him in a crowded backfield, and traded him for a 4th, getting considerable less value than they paid.

Bad franchises make bad decisions thats why they are bad.

BINGO...this sums it up perfectly. Please do not take offense to this because it is something that can be fixed...just that right now the Bills seem to keep digging deeper and deeper.

I truely hope the 4th round, "high motor", white D-End out of Division III Saginaw Valley State that the Bills will use the pick on pans out.

People are acting like Lynch is a 1,500 yard 12 TD+ a season RB. Sorry, but the last best RB we had was Travis Henry who had seasons of 1,400+ and 1,300+ yards rushing. I know everyone likes to gauge RB's at 1,000 yards a season, but that's only 62.5 yards a game. Plus, Lynch was a troublemaker...the hit & run, the incident in Cali, the 20 dollar stuff at the McKinely Mall. One more incident and Lynch will be suspended for a year.

Next to go should be Evans who has quit on the Bills. Get some more picks for him as well. So far this year, 10 receptions for 94 yards, that's only 23.5 yards per game, that's absolutely pathetic for a guy that's getting paid over $9 mil a year.

This. Evans is next, in my book.

What games was he watching?! There are posters here who do the same thing - de-value players if moves aren't made and offer blind praise when moves are made, although, the almost unanimous Kelsay bashing is refreshing.

Are you saying that poster is wrong about Lynch?

I probably wouldn't go so far to say he sacrifices yards to avoid contact, but sacrifices yards to try and get more yards...which fails about 99% of the time. I'll say this to my grave - Fred Jackson is a better runner and better overall back than Lynch. I think the Bills made the right move.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Name 5 game changing plays he had over 3 years. First round label does not equal first round talent.

This is kindof silly. GAME CHANGING plays. Can you name 5 GAME CHANGING plays any Bills player has made in the last 3 years?

Since the Bills have won only 20 games in that time period and have dumb coaches has an impact on that no doubt. But, some games do come to mind"

1. The MNF Clown debacle in 2008 (I was at that game)- ML cuaght several dump offs from Trent and turned them into big gainers. Caught a TD pass as I recall. Was instrumental in that come back that fell short when we decided to camp on the 35 instead of trying to get in closer for the game winning FG.

2. Against the eventual SB Champion Giants (I was at that game) at the Ralph. ML had several big gainers early in that game as the bills went up 14 - 0 unti the rain started and the Earth, Wind, and Fire did their number on us.

3. Against the Jets in Toronto 2009 - In one drive ML when 6 carries for 60 yards and got a TD. then for some unknown reason (bad coaching) he never got the ball again.

4. Against the 49ers in 2008 - ML and Fred were running all over the 49ers. Then ML only got 1 touch in the 4th quarter.

This is what comes to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

Seattle took us to the cleaners on this one.

Wishing first round talent isn't first round talent doesn't make it so.

This is kindof silly. GAME CHANGING plays. Can you name 5 GAME CHANGING plays any Bills player has made in the last 3 years?

Since the Bills have won only 20 games in that time period and have dumb coaches has an impact on that no doubt. But, some games do come to mind"

1. The MNF Clown debacle in 2008 (I was at that game)- ML cuaght several dump offs from Trent and turned them into big gainers. Caught a TD pass as I recall. Was instrumental in that come back that fell short when we decided to camp on the 35 instead of trying to get in closer for the game winning FG.

2. Against the eventual SB Champion Giants (I was at that game) at the Ralph. ML had several big gainers early in that game as the bills went up 14 - 0 unti the rain started and the Earth, Wind, and Fire did their number on us.

3. Against the Jets in Toronto 2009 - In one drive ML when 6 carries for 60 yards and got a TD. then for some unknown reason (bad coaching) he never got the ball again.

4. Against the 49ers in 2008 - ML and Fred were running all over the 49ers. Then ML only got 1 touch in the 4th quarter.

This is what comes to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

Seattle took us to the cleaners on this one.

Wishing first round talent isn't first round talent doesn't make it so.

Awesome, he performs well in games we lose. Give up the farm for this guy!!