Jay Glazier's comments about Buffalo...

Booger

"I will be able to figure out women before I will be able to figure out the Buffalo Bills"

This was in reference to the Marshawn Lynch trade and only getting a 4th and 6th in return for "a first round talent". Commented on it being a huge pickup for the Seahawks and and impressive move for their young GM.

Anyway, before anyone and everyone starts trying to discredit Glazier and that "he does not know anthing", Howie Long was the guest on before Glazier and commented that he is one of, if not the, best in the buiness. Remember, these are the same "professionals" that said Buffalo was going to be TERRIBLE this year, "worst team ever", etc, etc......

Anyway, at this point it is not something that we all dont know, but Buffalo is the whipping post of the league and CONTINUES to be with moves such as the Lynch trade.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I will be able to figure out women before I will be able to figure out the Buffalo Bills"

This was in reference to the Marshawn Lynch trade and only getting a 4th and 6th in return for "a first round talent". Commented on it being a huge pickup for the Seahawks and and impressive move for their young GM.

Anyway, before anyone and everyone starts trying to discredit Glazier and that "he does not know anthing", Howie Long was the guest on before Glazier and commented that he is one of, if not the, best in the buiness. Remember, these are the same "professionals" that said Buffalo was going to be TERRIBLE this year, "worst team ever", etc, etc......

Anyway, at this point it is not something that we all dont know, but Buffalo is the whipping post of the league and CONTINUES to be with moves such as the Lynch trade.

The guy gets the money he gets and he is at the level of media reporting sports that he is, becuase stories like that are obvious. He is 100% correct, this franchise makes no sense with the moves it makes.

I thought all along the Bills were holding out for fair compensation. There's no RB SEA could've drafted in the 4th next year, that would've had the impact/talent of Lynch. If they wanted Marshawn so badly, as they have stated, then they would've had to separate from a 2nd round pick if I were GM. It made absolutely no sense to hold onto Lynch this long and then succumb to throwing him away for a 4th round pick.

Wait, who was offering a 1st rounder? Or more than a 4th rounder? :unsure:

That's kind of the point - nobody was offering commensurate value for Marshawn Lynch, so we just took the best below-value offer that was out there.

The speculation is that good teams wouldn't trade their good players for nothing, just because it's the best offer they can get. They'd like, keep them on their team.

That's kind of the point - nobody was offering commensurate value for Marshawn Lynch, so we just took the best below-value offer that was out there.

The speculation is that good teams wouldn't trade their good players for nothing, just because it's the best offer they can get. They'd like, keep them on their team.

Right, like Randy Moss. :wallbash:

I thought all along the Bills were holding out for fair compensation. There's no RB SEA could've drafted in the 4th next year, that would've had the impact/talent of Lynch. If they wanted Marshawn so badly, as they have stated, then they would've had to separate from a 2nd round pick if I were GM. It made absolutely no sense to hold onto Lynch this long and then succumb to throwing him away for a 4th round pick.

You seem to forget that he was one more off the field incident away from a major suspension, no way does a team give up much more than a third rounder for him and finally he would have walked from the Bills at the end of his contract. There was a time that I enjoyed Lynch's play but not recently - remember last year he was a dud. Time to move on. The Bills were smart to get what they could for him. This team is in rebuild mode and shhould be stockpiling draft picks.

Anyway, before anyone and everyone starts trying to discredit Glazier and that "he does not know anthing",

I won't discredit him because he's the Mortenson of FOX, only more accurate in his reporting on transactions, which his his job.

As far as his opinion of what players are worth, ya I couldn't care less. The "4th rounder for 1st round talent" comment is bleh - a player is only worth what other teams want to give up.

What would you consider trading Moss for a 3rd rounder? To me, that's the Pats throwing in the towel on this season and giving the division to the Jets. For what, a late 3rd rounder next year?

Edited by Doc

Right, like Randy Moss. :wallbash:

Randy Moss is in the final year of his contract, which the Patriots have chosen not to extend. Despite what people on this board seem to think Lynch was NOT in the final year of his contract. So basically the net result of this move is Ralph Wilson gets to save some more money. Hooray.

Wait, who was offering a 1st rounder? Or more than a 4th rounder? :unsure:

Wait, who said we had to trade him for anything?

If I have sports car that I could get rid of but nobody is offering me what it's worth I don't sell it. We potentially gave Seattle the answer to their prayers and running game problem and got in return a 4th round pick with a 6th thrown in for good measure? Look at what we have drafted with those picks!!! Not other teams, US!. Don't give me 1 in a million success stories like Tom Brady, drafted by another team by the way. Look at our 4th round and 6th round picks over the last 15 years or so.

Does it seem like such a good idea now?

Edited by PDaDdy

I bought a new car for 20K 3 years ago. It has low mileage because I was out of town for months. The warranty has expired. It runs great but makes a little ticking noise. I wouldn't worry about it. I will sell this car for 16K or best offer.

while I don't object to the trade, I find it highly questionable because the Bills could have made this trade pre-draft with Seattle who wanted him at that time and gotten the same pick this year. Considering all the holes on this team a real RT would have been nice

The Seahawks had two 4th round picks in 2010. Assuming they had traded us the first one which was the 13th pick in the 4th round the best player available we could've gotten (assuming we'd have drafted him) was Aaron Hernandez the only two OT's selected in the fourth round were Bruce Campbell at number 8 by the Raiders and Joe Fox at number 30 by Detroit. I hope we make good use of the pick next year....

You seem to forget that he was one more off the field incident away from a major suspension, no way does a team give up much more than a third rounder for him and finally he would have walked from the Bills at the end of his contract.

Exact a mundo. And that off field incident is going to happen. It just isn't that hard to either do something stupid or be with someone who is doing something stupid and attract the local constabulary.

over/under 18 months for lynch's next suspension. whaddya reckon?

Wait, who said we had to trade him for anything?

If I have sports car that I could get rid of but nobody is offering me what it's worth I don't sell it. We potentially gave Seattle the answer to their prayers and running game problem and got in return a 4th round pick with a 6th thrown in for good measure? Look at what we have drafted with those picks!!! Not other teams, US!. Don't give me 1 in a million success stories like Tom Brady, drafted by another team by the way. Look at our 4th round and 6th round picks over the last 15 years or so.

Does it seem like such a good idea now?

There are many factors to consider. That Moss was traded for what should be a late 3rd rounder (versus the early 4th plus a 6th rounder in 2012 the Bills will get) makes me feel less bad about the trade. Then you have to consider there might not be a 2011 season and Lynch has 1 year left on his contract (with an option year in 2012 that won't be exercised). Then you have to consider the Bills got worse offers over the off-season for him, and after some RB's have gone down, the offers didn't improve that much. Meaning RB's aren't as highly valued in trade. Last of all, this is clearly a rebuilding year for the Bills.

+1000000