The REAL trade Buffalo made...

Thoner7

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cum on now... think back to when Gold Tooth Lynch ran over that canuck broad downtown after visiting whatever bar it was where he demanded to bring in his own bottle... then after stealing the $20... the suspension... the majority of folk on this board COULD NOT WAIT to run his arse out of town. ...and rightfully so...

So now, after GTL rips off a couple of solid runs, yet more than enough dance moves that get him buried for no gain, everyone is bent out of shape? Come on... he is a liability, one roach away from another suspension, not all that productive, and frankly of little worth. He was (yet another) drafting mistake. His 1st round pick has little relevance. He is as replaceable as Wilderbees McGAYheehee. I commend ML for his teamsmanship this year and he is now free to get arrested in WA. He is part of the losing tradition. B-bye.

It is crazy that a few weeks ago, the Pats* were being hailed for doing the same thing.... I don't like the trade that much either, but this isn't the only front office to trade away a first round RB for minimal value this season.

Some key differences make Lynch's value higher. First, Lynch is younger than Maroney and has less mileage on him. Second, Lynch is signed through 2011, whereas Maroney is a free agent at the end of the year. Third, Lynch is a good player, whereas Maroney sucks. Their fan base would've been happy if he had been cut outright.

Some key differences make Lynch's value higher. First, Lynch is younger than Maroney and has less mileage on him. Second, Lynch is signed through 2011, whereas Maroney is a free agent at the end of the year. Third, Lynch is a good player, whereas Maroney sucks. Their fan base would've been happy if he had been cut outright.

Yeah but Maroney was never suspended, and I don't think he has ever been arrested. Those two things are what really pushed Lynch's value down. He ws probably more valuable to the Bills than anything they could get for him. No one would give them anything for Fred Jackson either. They have just been bungling everything, but it is probably best that he is gone.

There are so many ways to find fault with this organization, why this? What if Lynch is suspended for a year soon? What if Spiller scores 10 TDs each of the next 7 seasons? What if the combo of Spiller/Freddy becomes extremely productive? Let it play out.

Even worse is that the Bills have spent 3 1st round picks on RBs in the past 8 years. And for all that drafting of 1st round running backs the starter next week is Fred Jackson, an undrafted FA. Had the Bills never drafted a RB with any of those picks the Bills starter next week would like be...Fred Jackson.

This is a blueprint on how to build a loser.

That being said I'm not upset with this trade, just the Bill penchant for needing to draft 1st round RBs in the first place.

3 RBs, 8 years. OUCH!!!

I see this trade as a mistake but for a different rationale. They have been linked to trading Lynch all off season and into the season. They vehemently denied that they were trying, but as it turns out they were trying to move him. That's fine, I know you don't publicly state you're trying to trade a player.

But here's my issue. You held onto Marshawn, knowing you were trying to trade him. Started him the last three games pissing off your number one back (Jackson), let Joique Bell walk out the door, so now we are at the very least not as good without him, all for a 4th round pick? That's what you did all that for? Baffling.

I agree, sounds like the plan is being developed as we progress through time, as opposed to there being

a plan and executing it.The thing that also baffles me a bit, is that, unless I am mistaken the trade deadline

is still a couple of weeks away, and there are still teams out there with running back troubles like GB, and Philly

lost a back as well this past weekend, why not showcase him a little more and drive the value up, it seems like a risk

worth taking to lose a fourth round pick, or maybe we would have still been able to swing the trade with Seatle at

the deadline.

Edited by Cookiemonster

First, we all must accept that the Bills would have never moved Lynch if they didnt draft Spiller. This is very easy to accept and no one who has a clue could argue this.

At the end of 2009 the Bills had:

Marshawn Lynch

the 9th overall pick in the draft

In 2010 the bills have:

CJ Spiller

4th round pick

THE BILLS TRADED MARSHAWN LYNCH AND A TOP 10 PICK FOR CP SPILLER AND A 4TH ROUNDER.

Worst. Trade. EVER. :sick:

HoldOnaMinnut here.

Bills web site says "two undisclosed draft picks".

Seahawks web site says "two undisclosed draft picks".

What's the source of the info it's a 4th round pick?

THANKS!

There are so many ways to find fault with this organization, why this? What if Lynch is suspended for a year soon? What if Spiller scores 10 TDs each of the next 7 seasons? What if the combo of Spiller/Freddy becomes extremely productive? Let it play out.

3 RBs, 8 years. OUCH!!!

What if he learned his lesson and runs for over 1,000 yards and 10 TD's for the next 5 years? What if Spiller has maybe one good year as a RB and becomes merely just a good return guy?

So far Spiller has been great as a return guy, but as a RB he is a liability out there when he isn't given the ball cause he blocks worse then Betty White out there

First, we all must accept that the Bills would have never moved Lynch if they didnt draft Spiller. This is very easy to accept and no one who has a clue could argue this.

At the end of 2009 the Bills had:

Marshawn Lynch

the 9th overall pick in the draft

In 2010 the bills have:

CJ Spiller

4th round pick

THE BILLS TRADED MARSHAWN LYNCH AND A TOP 10 PICK FOR CP SPILLER AND A 4TH ROUNDER.

Worst. Trade. EVER. :sick:

This deal also cost the Bills Joique Bell, if it was made sooner they could have kept him on their active roster instead of giving him away to the Eagles

What if he learned his lesson and runs for over 1,000 yards and 10 TD's for the next 5 years? What if Spiller has maybe one good year as a RB and becomes merely just a good return guy?

So far Spiller has been great as a return guy, but as a RB he is a liability out there when he isn't given the ball cause he blocks worse then Betty White out there

This deal also cost the Bills Joique Bell, if it was made sooner they could have kept him on their active roster instead of giving him away to the Eagles

To compound it, what if Spiller or Jackson has a season ending injury? Now we have no depth

I'm looking at a RB in Marshawn Lynch who has poor field vision, is one mistake away from sitting out a whole season, a player who lost his starting position to a walk on, plus someone who's gone after this season anyway.

Anyone who see's this trade as a mistake needs to get real...if anything was a mistake it was drafting him to begin with...

I agree with you. Not only poor vision, but lack of desire to hit the hole immediately. I'm sure he will do well at Seattle behind a competent line, but his time here was limited with that acquisition of Spiller.

Now, all we need is to teach Spiller to run forward, and not backward.

Maybe some day we can get Yonel Jordain back.

To compound it, what if Spiller or Jackson has a season ending injury? Now we have no depth

Name a team that can produce a 3rd quality back just in case one of their top 2 go down? You have two good backs for this reason, you don't need three.

Name a team that can produce a 3rd quality back just in case one of their top 2 go down? You have two good backs for this reason, you don't need three.

The Seahawks have a bunch of backs, Cowboys have 3 RB's this season, the Giants used "Earth, Wind, & Fire" in their Superbowl year...........

I'm looking at a RB in Marshawn Lynch who has poor field vision, is one mistake away from sitting out a whole season, a player who lost his starting position to a walk on, plus someone who's gone after this season anyway.

Anyone who see's this trade as a mistake needs to get real...if anything was a mistake it was drafting him to begin with...

THANK YOU!