The REAL trade Buffalo made...

Thoner7

First, we all must accept that the Bills would have never moved Lynch if they didnt draft Spiller. This is very easy to accept and no one who has a clue could argue this.

At the end of 2009 the Bills had:

Marshawn Lynch

the 9th overall pick in the draft

In 2010 the bills have:

CJ Spiller

4th round pick

THE BILLS TRADED MARSHAWN LYNCH AND A TOP 10 PICK FOR CP SPILLER AND A 4TH ROUNDER.

Worst. Trade. EVER. :sick:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, we all must accept that the Bills would have never moved Lynch if they didnt draft Spiller. This is very easy to accept and no one who has a clue could argue this.

Marshawn Lynch

In 2010 the bills have:

CJ Spiller

4th round pick

THE BILLS TRADED MARSHAWN LYNCH AND A TOP 10 PICK FOR CP SPILLER AND A 4TH ROUNDER.

Or the Bills would never had drafted Spiller if they didn't have the inclination to deal Jackson or Lynch. But I guess I'm clueless.

Marshawn Lynch

In 2010 the bills have:

CJ Spiller

4th round pick

At least the Bills never anything stupid like send a top 10 pick and 4th to Jacksonville for a backup QB

Look, it's just dumb. Spin it however you want. You take a guy that's probably going to be a top ten RB with just about any other team in the league and you trade him for a number four? This ownership and staff is simply out of it. Most top-tier NCAA teams are not run this badly.

"Oh, we'll package that number four and get a number three out of it." What crap!! This will go down as one of the worst deals in Bills history. It will make a great combo with what will likely be one of the worst seasons in Bills history.

I dont care if Johnny U and Jim Brown came to this team in their prime. They would stink. There is no O-line (and no desire to win) and therefore no offense and no winning. Rock bottom? Yeah, we're very close. I cant believe that the line for the JAX game is the Bills +1.5. My god, get ready to make a LOT of money. The Bills will be blown out. They are the WORST team in the NFL with no debate possible. Pay your mortgage and put it all on JAX. This one wont be close either.

Edited by weehawk

Marshawn Lynch

In 2010 the bills have:

CJ Spiller

4th round pick

huh? We chose Spiller with the 9th pick in the draft and we traded Lynch for a 4th round pick. Those are two mutually independent moves, not ones linked together. As much as people wanted Lynch to be the back everyone wanted him to be, he simply wasn't. He averaged 4.0 YPC, and was an average back in the NFL.

Guest dog14787

I'm looking at a RB in Marshawn Lynch who has poor field vision, is one mistake away from sitting out a whole season, a player who lost his starting position to a walk on, plus someone who's gone after this season anyway.

Anyone who see's this trade as a mistake needs to get real...if anything was a mistake it was drafting him to begin with...

Edited by dog14787

Even worse is that the Bills have spent 3 1st round picks on RBs in the past 8 years. And for all that drafting of 1st round running backs the starter next week is Fred Jackson, an undrafted FA. Had the Bills never drafted a RB with any of those picks the Bills starter next week would like be...Fred Jackson.

This is a blueprint on how to build a loser.

That being said I'm not upset with this trade, just the Bill penchant for needing to draft 1st round RBs in the first place.

huh? We chose Spiller with the 9th pick in the draft and we traded Lynch for a 4th round pick. Those are two mutually independent moves, not ones linked together. As much as people wanted Lynch to be the back everyone wanted him to be, he simply wasn't. He averaged 4.0 YPC, and was an average back in the NFL.

I think that the poster is evaluating the status of our roster. Would you rather have Marshawn Lynch and the #9 overall pick or CJ Spiller and a fourth round pick? If you think Lynch and the #9 overall then we've gone backwards. And as for Lynch's rushing average, we'll see how good Spiller looks behind the Bills OL. He didn't look too good against Miami.

Edited by vincec

I think that the poster is evaluating the status of our roster. Would you rather have Marshawn Lynch and the #9 overall pick or CJ Spiller and a fourth round pick? If you think Lynch and the #9 overall then we've gone backwards. And as for Lynch's rushing average, we'll see how good Spiller looks behind the Bills OL. He didn't look too good against Miami.

Jackson has averaged at least a full half yard more per run than Lynch has over his career here behind the same offensive line...

Marshawn Lynch

In 2010 the bills have:

CJ Spiller

4th round pick

Crayonz? Is that you?

unfortunately when evaluating THIS trade those aren't the options to consider. It's would you rather have:

Jackson & Spiller splitting time with Lynch languishing on the bench

OR

Jackson & Spiller splitting time with a 4th round pick (and 5th or 6th round pick) in next year's draft?

Jackson has averaged at least a full half yard more per run than Lynch has over his career here behind the same offensive line...

Do you think that the difference in the contributions of CJ Spiller and Marshawn Lynch is the worth the difference between the #9 overall pick and a 4th round draft pick? If Jackson is better than Lynch then maybe we should've traded him for a 3rd rounder. Something tells me it would've been pretty tough to get...

unfortunately when evaluating THIS trade those aren't the options to consider. It's would you rather have:

Jackson & Spiller splitting time with Lynch languishing on the bench

OR

Jackson & Spiller splitting time with a 4th round pick (and 5th or 6th round pick) in next year's draft?

But that whole situation was entirely of Nix's creation. What was their plan when they took Spiller in the first place? They obviously planned to move a running back right from the start. It's not like Nix acquired the situation with three backs and needed to move one.

But that whole situation was entirely of Nix's creation. What was their plan when they took Spiller in the first place? They obviously planned to move a running back right from the start. It's not like Nix acquired the situation with three backs and needed to move one.

Oh, no doubt, you own't hear me saying I liked the Spiller pick - I didn't. I almost puked when I heard it on draft night. That being said, given that the Bills have already drafted him and aren't going to move Spiller this is the next best option Imo. It would have been nice if they could have gotten more for Lynch but the market bears out the worth of a player and I'd rather have something than nothing.

Do you think that the difference in the contributions of CJ Spiller and Marshawn Lynch is the worth the difference between the #9 overall pick and a 4th round draft pick? If Jackson is better than Lynch then maybe we should've traded him for a 3rd rounder. Something tells me it would've been pretty tough to get...

How is it people just throw around "we should have gotten this pick" when the market clearly isn't there and hasn't been for trading players in general for a long time. The Peerless Price trade for a first round pick is long gone in today's NFL. Cards couldn't even get a 1st round pick for Anquan Boldin, an elite WR, what makes you think the Bills are gonna get great picks for an average RB in the NFL, which is what Lynch was?

It would be like people who are trying to sell their house for $200,000 but noone is offering them over $150,000. The plain and simple fact of the matter is, a house, like anything else, is only worth what someone will offer to pay you for it...

Oh, no doubt, you own't hear me saying I liked the Spiller pick - I didn't. I almost puked when I heard it on draft night. That being said, given that the Bills have already drafted him and aren't going to move Spiller this is the next best option Imo. It would have been nice if they could have gotten more for Lynch but the market bears out the worth of a player and I'd rather have something than nothing.

I'm just frustrated because I don't see any master plan behind this. It looks like they had better assets when Nix took over than they do now.

I'm looking at a RB in Marshawn Lynch who has poor field vision, is one mistake away from sitting out a whole season, a player who lost his starting position to a walk on, plus someone who's gone after this season anyway.

Anyone who see's this trade as a mistake needs to get real...if anything was a mistake it was drafting him to begin with...

I see this trade as a mistake but for a different rationale. They have been linked to trading Lynch all off season and into the season. They vehemently denied that they were trying, but as it turns out they were trying to move him. That's fine, I know you don't publicly state you're trying to trade a player.

But here's my issue. You held onto Marshawn, knowing you were trying to trade him. Started him the last three games pissing off your number one back (Jackson), let Joique Bell walk out the door, so now we are at the very least not as good without him, all for a 4th round pick? That's what you did all that for? Baffling.