TO is on pace for 96 catches and 1496 yards (15.6 ypc)

And, he actually cares whether his teams win or lose, which is something Lee Evans will never do.

You're right. Lee should start throwing tantrems like a 2 year old on the sidelines. Creating a divide in the locker room. Calling his QB out, and creating a conspiracy theory . That way we will know he cares. :rolleyes:

Edited by CountDorkula

You're right. Lee should start throwing tantrems like a 2 year old on the sidelines. Creating a divide in the locker room. Calling his QB out, and creating a conspiracy theory . That way we will know he cares. :rolleyes:

You're right, he should been more visible to the fans in shipping the starting QB to Jax.

people tend to forget that a great receiver like T.O. operating at only 90% capacity is still better than 90% of the league... even if he has declined from his own personal best.

would that have helped buffalo this season? probably not. we could have the best receiving corps in the league, but when your QB spends the entire game either on his back (with his pants down) or running for his life, it's not going to do you a whole lot of good.

people tend to forget that a great receiver like T.O. operating at only 90% capacity is still better than 90% of the league... even if he has declined from his own personal best.

would that have helped buffalo this season? probably not. we could have the best receiving corps in the league, but when your QB spends the entire game either on his back (with his pants down) or running for his life, it's not going to do you a whole lot of good.

I wanted him back but I knew Buffalo wouldn't even try.

It has never been about T.O.'s physical ability that has kept teams from wanting him around. He has destroyed 3 teams with his actions. Signing him last year was all about ticket sales, and it worked. It was also a risk, but it was a risk on a team that didn't have any playoff aspirations anyway, but luckily it didn't blow up in Ralph's face. Like someone else said, he came here for one year, and one year only to try to prove he could keep the straight and narrow hoping for one more big contract this year, which never happened. As you can see, he is already running his big mouth and trashing his teammates in Cincy already after they only played 3 games.

Edited by billsfreak

It has never been about T.O.'s physical ability that has kept teams from wanting him around. He has destroyed 3 teams with his actions. Signing him last year was all about ticket sales, and it worked. It was also a risk, but it was a risk on a team that didn't have any playoff aspirations anyway, but luckily it didn't blow up in Ralph's face. Like someone else said, he came here for one year, and one year only to try to prove he could keep the straight and narrow hoping for one more big contract this year, which never happened. As you can see, he is already running his big mouth and trashing his teammates in Cincy already after they only played 3 games.

i get what you're saying and i don't really disagree. i hated T.O. before he came here, and wanted nothing to do with him. however, i think he really tried last year and once i saw how badly the media would try to egg him on into outbursts, i started having doubts about who was really the most immature party involved.

that said, i'm not saying the bills should have kept him or signed him for longer. i'm just questioning all the people (mostly on the national level) who questioned his ability after a lackluster season with the bills. it's almost like buffalo is where careers go to die.

And exactly how has TO been trashing Cincy teammates?

His first 3 games:

7 rec 53 yds

3 rec 57 yds

4 rec 42 yds

When you have more yards in one game than you had in the first three, it'll throw the pace totally off. Don't those first 3 look pretty similar to what he got here in Buffalo?

Your comment under Wood (avatar), are way off base.

I just hope our 9 million dollar receiver can match TO's numbers in 4 games by the end of the season. Its just wonderful knowing we are paying more for Cornell %$@#* Green than TO is making in Cincy this year. Were the Bills, thats the way we roll.

Clearly, his declining skills were the reason his numbers sagged last year.

It's funny how nobody ever mentions that this team actually lost their most impactful offensive(Owens) and defensive(Schobel) players last offseason.

Those guys made a difference in the Jauron/Fewell play-not-to lose gameplan because big plays have a big impact in close games. TO put a few games on ice for the Bills last year with second half scores. Without him, they may well have been a 2-14 team last year.

I think TO's days of being a great #1 receiver are over because, as we discussed last offseason, age has made his hands very inconsistent.

He's going to kill his share of drives and that might not work for a team competing for homefield advantage on the strength of it's passing game. A team like Indy or NO or NE might be hurt more than helped by a TO. But he is still a great HR hitter and if you can cover for the drives he kills by responding with good defense, he is a real asset. I liken him to an aging slugger whose strikeouts are a liability to a team that needs to score 5 runs per game to win because of mediocre pitching. The same player could be a key component for a team that allows fewer runs, therefore making his run production more valuable.

His value is relative but for bottom feeders like the Bills he could have done nothing but help. Especially because Gailey seems determined to try to go toe-to-toe with opponents.

I never understood why Nix/Gailey were so eager to give him the rush out of here. Then they extended Kelsay. Now it's clearer.

Have a look at the last catch Evans made in the 4th, the I dont care attitude drips off him, it's disturbing really.

I just hope our 9 million dollar receiver can match TO's numbers in 4 games by the end of the season. Its just wonderful knowing we are paying more for Cornell %$@#* Green than TO is making in Cincy this year. Were the Bills, thats the way we roll.

Let's give Cornell Green keys to the city!

It's funny how nobody ever mentions that this team actually lost their most impactful offensive(Owens) and defensive(Schobel) players last offseason.

Those guys made a difference in the Jauron/Fewell play-not-to lose gameplan because big plays have a big impact in close games. TO put a few games on ice for the Bills last year with second half scores. Without him, they may well have been a 2-14 team last year.

I think TO's days of being a great #1 receiver are over because, as we discussed last offseason, age has made his hands very inconsistent.

He's going to kill his share of drives and that might not work for a team competing for homefield advantage on the strength of it's passing game. A team like Indy or NO or NE might be hurt more than helped by a TO. But he is still a great HR hitter and if you can cover for the drives he kills by responding with good defense, he is a real asset. I liken him to an aging slugger whose strikeouts are a liability to a team that needs to score 5 runs per game to win because of mediocre pitching. The same player could be a key component for a team that allows fewer runs, therefore making his run production more valuable.

His value is relative but for bottom feeders like the Bills he could have done nothing but help. Especially because Gailey seems determined to try to go toe-to-toe with opponents.

I never understood why Nix/Gailey were so eager to give him the rush out of here. Then they extended Kelsay. Now it's clearer.

Great post. Like Adam Dunn, no?? He drops his own share of balls in right field. Maybe Ortiz or Konerko are better examples.

You happy about facing the Twins? I see them starting Hughes in game 2 -- he's been plagued by the long ball all season, but mostly at Yankee stadium (20 out of the 25 he's given up). A cold night in that cavernous stadium should lead to fly balls instead ...

Edited by dave mcbride