Should Trent Edwards succeed in JAX...

MClem06

Almost everyone on this board hates him as a QB... myself included. Some Jax fans are happy to get him and say he's going to thrive in their system with a change of scenery. I even read a comment that Trent didn't do well because "the Bills are a horrible team and have been since the late 90's"... Now not that I can disagree with that comment that we have been awful but if you don't have a QB then you are going to be awful. Look at the situation in Philly. Kolb was performing marginal and Vick came in there and he's blowing up making that team what they are.

Should Trent succeed and prove everyone wrong on this board that he can play in the NFL, we can then blame something other than the QB position for once in our lives for this team's failure to win.

Almost everyone on this board hates him as a QB... myself included. Some Jax fans are happy to get him and say he's going to thrive in their system with a change of scenery. I even read a comment that Trent didn't do well because "the Bills are a horrible team and have been since the late 90's"... Now not that I can disagree with that comment that we have been awful but if you don't have a QB then you are going to be awful. Look at the situation in Philly. Kolb was performing marginal and Vick came in there and he's blowing up making that team what they are.

Should Trent succeed and prove everyone wrong on this board that he can play in the NFL, we can then blame something other than the QB position for once in our lives for this team's failure to win.

Regardless of whether or not we can place blame on other facets of our offense, the fact is Trent could not play QB in Buffalo if the Bills had/have any hope of being competitive.

Trent Edwards in his whole career playing football besides high school never won anything. He has been average his whole career. Nothing is going to change ever!!!!!!!!!!!! Its like the JP Losman homers saying that he needs to be on a different team to be successful. Its not going to happen. Look at the difference in play between FITz and Trent. Fitz did more then Trent in one game. That goes to show you that trent is a kitty playing retard who is afraid to throw the !@#$ing ball farther then five yards. Nothing is going to change with him.

JP losman UFL champions so I guess you can say he was kind of successful.

Edited by b stein 22

If he succeeds there should be no regrets or second guessing or post-analysis. The simple fact is it became just one of those situations where it was in the best interest of both parties to go their separate ways. I hope he does do well, but I'm not going to worry about what happened during his tenure here (I'm trying to forget it).

It is possible that there is an offense that is better suited for him and he fares better in it. I think confidence plays a big role and who knows what his fourth chance might bring. Either way he had his shot in Buffalo, and it is clear it just won't work so good luck to him, thanks for being classy enough not to throw th organization under the bus and may he find his own path to success...

Depends on your definition of "succeed." He won't succeed like the upper-echelon quarterbacks of the league, because he isn't one.

Succeed to me means actually leading a team to the playoffs or a winning record for that matter consistently.

Trent's biggest problem is he has no "feel" for the NFL game. He only throws to guys wide open, he does not let the receiver patterns develop and he's not one to trust a receiver to make a play. A big part of being an NFL quarterback is reading the defense, knowing the patterns your guys will run, and putting the ball to a spot where there's a gap in the defense your guy will be moving into when he completes his pattern.

One of the more telling aspects about his approach was about a week or so ago he was asked if he would prefer to call his own plays or adjustments. He said something to the effect of "No, I'd rather have the planned play and a list of checks given to me". After all the crappy offensive play he's endured over the years, his lack of desire to call his own plays spoke volumes about his leadership abilities and lack of feel for the game.

He's suffered enough here, and I do wish the best for him. But he was a big problem with the offense's execution (certainly not the only one though). CG and multiple receivers all but came out and fingered the QB, so we can now try and improve the offense instead of just treading water. Even if TE somehow does become a good NFL QB, I don't think it would ever have happened here.

People need to understand that a player being successful with one team doesnt mean he would/could be successful with any other team. Football careers are way to situational. Too many other factors go into successful performances.

However, it's almost impossible for a player who has never been good, to all of a sudden become good on another team. The more common scenario is a quality veteran becoming rejuvenated with a change of scenery.

I highly doubt Trent will be successful, although I wish him well. I'm not worried about it. He'll most likely end up as the new Losman.

With healthy TO and Lee Evans and the 4th highest total ever yards from scrimmage by fred jackson last year trent managed one win...against the Tampa Bay Bucs

He isnt a good QB. Plan and simple. I like to think our coach who is known for getting the most out of QB's like jay fieldler, Kordell Stewart and Tyler Thigpen found out Trent wasnt salvageable and could do more with the journeyman backup and the practice squad player and did the right thing and cut bait

John Clayton, Mort and Mike and Fat Mike have not nor never will work for an NFL team. Until they do, ill take Gaileys assesment of TE