I hate to ruin your draft plans

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are crazy! Why would you want Fitzy or Brohm over one of the top qb's in this draft. And by the way if Jake Locker came out last year he would have probably been the first pick over Bradford. This is a quarterback driven league and if you can get a stud you will be set for years. You find your qb and build your team around him. You can use the Colts as an example, who have an average o-line, but have one of the best qb's in football. I just don't understand why you would want to stick with Fitzy or Brohm, who are average back-ups at best.

You are crazy! Why would you want Fitzy or Brohm over one of the top qb's in this draft. And by the way if Jake Locker came out last year he would have probably been the first pick over Bradford. And This is a quarterback driven league and if you can get a stud you will be set for years. You find your qb and build your team around him. You can use the Colts as an example, who have an average o-line, but have one of the best qb's in football. I just don't understand why you would want to stick with Fitzy or Brohm, who are average back-ups at best.

And he would change his name to Ryan Leaf.

I do think that some of the luster is wearing off of some of the prospects. As much as I liked Locker and Mallet weeks ago, their play so far hasn't been what I was hoping for. Mallet looked good throwing to wide open WRs vs Bama, but when he had to 1) step up and lead his team in the 4th, or 2) be accurate with a throw it just wasn't happening. I'm begining to lean towards drafting that LT or dominate DEF player we need and then grabbing a QB that isn't in the top grouping later on. And heck, we'll be top 5 the following year too! Maybe that crop of QBs will be better. But it's a long college football season. We'll see what happens.

You are crazy! Why would you want Fitzy or Brohm over one of the top qb's in this draft. And by the way if Jake Locker came out last year he would have probably been the first pick over Bradford. This is a quarterback driven league and if you can get a stud you will be set for years. You find your qb and build your team around him. You can use the Colts as an example, who have an average o-line, but have one of the best qb's in football. I just don't understand why you would want to stick with Fitzy or Brohm, who are average back-ups at best.

Locker didn't come out because the NFL didn't even rate him as going in the 1st round. Your premise that someone has to be crazy to want to go another year with Fitz & Brohm is 100% correct, you didn't need to add fiction to support it.

This years crop of QB's does not rank a low #1-#3 selection in the draft.

There is no Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, John Elway.

I hate to ruin your plans but the Bills don't need to lose to move up in the draft.

Truth is I would take Fitzpatrick or Brohm over any of these guys. :flirt:

I haven't figured out why you'd take Fitz over Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, John Elway - but I'm sure you have your reasons. Brohm, we don't know about - guy's had one NFL start, on last season's injury-riddled Bills team, after being with them just over a month - so we need to see more of him this season, before the draft.

The Bills are not finishing 30th, 31st, or last so they were never going to draft in the #1,2, or 3 spot anyway, unless they trade up. If Mallett falls to somewhere around the 8-10 spot (I doubt he will), maybe the Bills will be in that position (I doubt that, too) - but if Brohm looks decent and Mallett's already gone, they should be looking at

Gabe Carimi

(The real bonanza would be if Mallett fell all the way to the Bills pick in round one, and then Carimi in round 2.)

Edited by The Senator

Because none of them are elite QB's, real good but not great.

I don't waste my low first rounder on any of these guys.

I haven't figured out why you'd take Fitz over Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, John Elway - but I'm sure you have your reasons. Brohm, we don't know about - guy's had one NFL start, on last season's injury-riddled Bills team, after being with them just over a month - so we need to see more of him this season, before the draft.

The Bills are not finishing 30th, 31st, or last so they were never going to draft in the #1,2, or 3 spot anyway, unless they trade up. If Mallett falls to somewhere around the 8-10 spot (I doubt he will), maybe the Bills will be in that position (I doubt that, too) - but if Brohm looks decent and Mallett's already gone, they should be looking at

Gabe Carimi

(The real bonanza would be if Mallett fell all the way to the Bills pick in round one, and then Carimi in round 2.)

I may change my mind after actually watching Brohm, but he was ranked as high as any QB in the 2011 draft.

Because none of them are elite QB's, real good but not great.

I don't waste my low first rounder on any of these guys.

Yeah, that's why you're not a GM or scout. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Belicheat* takes Mallett with Oakland's 1st round pick and either develops him behind Brady as *NE's QB of the future, or trades him to a team-in-need for a boatload of draft picks.

Edited by The Senator

This years crop of QB's does not rank a low #1-#3 selection in the draft. You'll need to revisit this thought by draft day. There will be at least two QBs being talked about #1-#3.

There is no Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, John Elway. No, but if you think names like Mallet, Luck, Locker, etc. won't be talked about in the same way as "Bradford" a few years from now, you aren't paying attention to how the college and pro games are being played these days.

I hate to ruin your plans but the Bills don't need to lose to move up in the draft. I agree this QB class is filled with talent. There will be bunches of QB talent in the pros because of this draft class.

Truth is I would take Fitzpatrick or Brohm over any of these guys. :flirt:The flirt thing is scary and you're just wrong! :unsure:

How about a little patience? These guys are in week three and most of them will play bowl games. So, what's that 11, 12 games?? Are you throwing P. Manning under the bus, too? Ready to anoint the Bears the best team in the NFC?? Slow down and :beer:

Gabe Carimi

+1!

Edited by Sabre Bill

This years crop of QB's does not rank a low #1-#3 selection in the draft.

There is no Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, John Elway.

I hate to ruin your plans but the Bills don't need to lose to move up in the draft.

Just want to clarify things here, real quick. Did you just list Sam Bradford in with Manning and Elway?

Kid can throw, but he isn't Elway/Manning. Least not yet.

And that's why you're posting on a message board and not Scouting in the NFL...

And I'm not saying any of these 2011 QB's is the next great thing...But to say you would take Fitz or Brohm over any of them is ridiculous...Well...At least to say you would take Fitz is ridiculous, I'll give a semi-pass on Brohm only because no one really has any idea if he can play or not...The question for the Bills is going to be whether or not they take a top OT or Pass Rusher ahead of these QB's...Not if they prefer Fitz or Brohm necessarily...Cause chances are they won't... B-)

I agree that no college QB gives me a boner yet but that could change as the season progresses. And realistically, the Bills WILL be drafting QB whether we like it or not. It's hard to imagine Nix and Gailey entering Year 2 without a franchise QB in place. Something surprising would have to happen, like Brohm playing well and taking that role.