2-3 @ the bye

If the team today shows up, the Bills will be 2-3 at the bye.

Today we saw what a decent qb does for the offense. Yes Fitz is a backup. And he played like one today. Had some really good throws, but made two costly mistakes at critical times.

Now i know that the Jets have a much better D then NE. If Buffalo can run like they did today on the Jets, they can win that game.

Sanchez is no Brady. Tom single handedly won that game for NE. Sanchez does not have that ability.

Before the season started i was hoping for 3-2 at the bye, after last week i thought 0-5 was possible.

Today i really believe this team can win some games, and compete in probably most of them.

Thoughts?

Now i know that the Jets have a much better D then NE. If Buffalo can run like they did today on the Jets, they can win that game.

Thoughts?

Bills got 108 yds on the ground today. I don't think that will cut it vs Jets. NE's defense is pretty bad. The secondary is below average after Merriwether. Their pass rush is not great. We took advantage today and that is what Fitz will give you. Some smart play, but with limitations as far as his arm goes. He can move around a bit. So yards and TD's will be hard to come by vs NYJ. Around 175 or better on the ground will be needed. Not much to pick on in Jets defensive backfield if Fitz does get any time. I don't see a division win this year except against Dolphins. 0-5 or 1-4 at the bye is more likely. Fitz is what he is and is watchable at QB, but probably won't have as good a day against the Jets pass rush and talented secondary.We'll need a great game plan and some special teams magic again to be competitive because our defense is terrible. You're probably better off with a good rush than tons of db talent, and we're the opposite. We have NO lb's that make plays at all. It looks like 2-14 is a real possibility.

Both teams was t-15 in run defense, yet NE held us better at it then we did and we are the one's with the "3headed Monsters" a lil Jets castaway came in and made us look stupid! Next week they will focus on the Jets Run game and still won't be able to stop it. Sanchez is no Brady so I doubt if they will fear him. its the Jets D that will make fitz-P look like Trent Edwards lol.. It might be close but not a Buffalo Win.

Both teams was t-15 in run defense, yet NE held us better at it then we did and we are the one's with the "3headed Monsters" a lil Jets castaway came in and made us look stupid! Next week they will focus on the Jets Run game and still won't be able to stop it. Sanchez is no Brady so I doubt if they will fear him. its the Jets D that will make fitz-P look like Trent Edwards lol.. It might be close but not a Buffalo Win.

The 15th in run defense is an improvement over last year, but being tied for 32nd best in points against isn't so hot.

I don't really understand the Bills defensive strategy. They played almost the whole game in that 4-2-5 nickel, with Ellison and Scott as LBs. So practically a dime defense. Surprise, surprise, NE runs it down their throat. But here's what I don't get: they can't stop the pass either AND they don't appear to make any adjustments the entire game. When you are in a defense that can't stop the run or the pass, you would think you'd change your basic approach.

I don't really understand the Bills defensive strategy. They played almost the whole game in that 4-2-5 nickel, with Ellison and Scott as LBs. So practically a dime defense. Surprise, surprise, NE runs it down their throat. But here's what I don't get: they can't stop the pass either AND they don't appear to make any adjustments the entire game. When you are in a defense that can't stop the run or the pass, you would think you'd change your basic approach.

It's George Edwards going up against Tom Brady and those WR's OR the likes of Green-Ellis, Sammy Morris, and Fred Taylor. Who'd you rather have beat you?

Good coaches know when to make adjustments. I'm not so sure that someone like G. Edwards is capable of doing what's necessary against better talent.

Bills got 108 yds on the ground today. I don't think that will cut it vs Jets. NE's defense is pretty bad. The secondary is below average after Merriwether. Their pass rush is not great. We took advantage today and that is what Fitz will give you. Some smart play, but with limitations as far as his arm goes. He can move around a bit. So yards and TD's will be hard to come by vs NYJ. Around 175 or better on the ground will be needed. Not much to pick on in Jets defensive backfield if Fitz does get any time. I don't see a division win this year except against Dolphins. 0-5 or 1-4 at the bye is more likely. Fitz is what he is and is watchable at QB, but probably won't have as good a day against the Jets pass rush and talented secondary.We'll need a great game plan and some special teams magic again to be competitive because our defense is terrible. You're probably better off with a good rush than tons of db talent, and we're the opposite. We have NO lb's that make plays at all. It looks like 2-14 is a real possibility.

Had the Bills defense shown any ability to stop the Pats, the run game would have totaled more yards. To keep pace, the Bills threw more than they would have liked to have to keep pace.

It's George Edwards going up against Tom Brady and those WR's OR the likes of Green-Ellis, Sammy Morris, and Fred Taylor. Who'd you rather have beat you?

Good coaches know when to make adjustments. I'm not so sure that someone like G. Edwards is capable of doing what's necessary against better talent.

All of them, apparently. Our nickel/dime hybrid was ineffective against both run and pass. 38 carries for 200 yards on the ground (5.3/rush), 21-27 (78%) for 245 yards through the air. 3 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs. I guess George Edwards focused the game plan around stopping Julian Edelman? If so, good job.

If you people think the Bills are going to beat the Jets, you're idiots.

sort of..but the jets are a very sloppy teams. Once things start going wrong they totally fall apart. Sanchez, in particular, is susceptible to stupidity. That's a guy that can throw 4-5 picks a game, easy. If our D shows up Buffalo stands a pretty good chance. But that is a pretty big if.

Today we saw what a decent qb does for the offense. Yes Fitz is a backup. And he played like one today. Had some really good throws, but made two costly mistakes at critical times.

Sanchez is no Brady. Tom single handedly won that game for NE. Sanchez does not have that ability.

Before the season started i was hoping for 3-2 at the bye, after last week i thought 0-5 was possible.

Today i really believe this team can win some games, and compete in probably most of them.

Thoughts?

... and there will be peace on Earth. <_<

The Bills were entertaining on offense for the first time in almost a year. That much was true. But New England is a middle-of-the-road team until their young players learn their jobs. The Jets do not have Tom Brady, but they have a stronger overall team. They are not going to beat New England and Miami, then lay down for Buffalo.

sort of..but the jets are a very sloppy teams. Once things start going wrong they totally fall apart. Sanchez, in particular, is susceptible to stupidity. That's a guy that can throw 4-5 picks a game, easy. If our D shows up Buffalo stands a pretty good chance. But that is a pretty big if.

He has 0 Picks this year. When does he throw 4-5 picks in a game? Just because he did last year against the Bills you think he'll do it again. News flash, he got better. I know we're used to watching quarterbacks get worse every year in Buffalo, but on other teams they actually get better. And how many picks do the Bills have this year? Oh yeah, same number as Sanchez has thrown. Jets are going to win by 10.