Preview future QBs today

Doink

Stanford at Notre Dame @ 3:30 on NBC showcases Andrew Luck (if he comes out next year) and Alabama @ Arkansas @ 3:30 on CBS features Ryan Mallet against the #1 ranked team in College Football (likely to come out next year). Both games should be fun. Looking forward to see everyone's comments after the games...

Stanford at Notre Dame @ 3:30 on NBC showcases Andrew Luck (if he comes out next year) and Alabama @ Arkansas @ 3:30 on CBS features Ryan Mallet against the #1 ranked team in College Football (likely to come out next year). Both games should be fun. Looking forward to see everyone's comments after the games...

Ha, I might be a little biased, but I hope Andrew Luck looks like sh%t today. Maybe it'll be Dayne Crist's time to shine? :worthy:

Mallett, however, has the opportunity of a lifetime in front of him. I've been singing this guy's praises for a long time and I really hope that he's the QB of the future for the Bills.

This is the closest thing Mallet will see to an NFL D in college. Many future Sunday guys on that roster and Saban coaching it. If Mallet cant show the ability to throw accuracte NFL caliber passes, and read the D with ease, he is doen IMO. I havent been impressed with his lack of accuracy and I have reservation about the system he is in under Petrino.

Luck on the other hand is playing a slow ND D. He will light it up. Its too bad we wont see Luck vrs a Bama this year, even USC is a bit down. Luck has shown NFL accuracy and inteligence vrs some weaker comp. But Mallet hasnt show those vrs some top Comp.

I have Luck way ahead of Mallet on my board righ now. If Mallet plays well it will be 1a and 1b. If not, I dont want Mallet at all with our top pick. I am putting everythign on this game for Mallet.

This is the closest thing Mallet will see to an NFL D in college.  Many future Sunday guys on that roster and Saban coaching it.  If Mallet cant show the ability to throw accuracte NFL caliber passes, and read the D with ease, he is doen IMO.  I havent been impressed with his lack of accuracy and I have reservation about the system he is in under Petrino.

Luck on the other hand is playing a slow ND D.  He will light it up.  Its too bad we wont see Luck vrs a Bama this year, even USC is a bit down.  Luck has shown NFL accuracy and inteligence vrs some weaker comp.  But Mallet hasnt show those vrs some top Comp.

I have Luck way ahead of Mallet on my board righ now.  If Mallet plays well it will be 1a and 1b.  If not, I dont want Mallet at all with our top pick.  I am putting everythign on this game for Mallet.

Mallett looked good and had some big time plays against the Gators last year.

Mallett fluincked today's test at home against a very good defense. Unless he stinks it up the rest of the year he will be a top 15 pick assuming there are teams that need/want a QB that high in the draft. I would envision Buffalo and Cleveland being at least two teams wanting a QB. The Bills need offensive lineman and LB's while Cleveland needs defensive lineman and WR's. I would guess Oakland, Seattle(although they gave up a bunch for Whitehurst), Minnesota, and Arizona might be in the market for a QB in the first round as well.

I didn't see much of the Luck and Mallet games. Just a little. Mallet looked good for what I saw. But the guy that impressed me the most today was Kellen Moore of Boise State. He looks like a real QB throwing back shoulder and timing routes etc. He's now my number 1.

Edited by reddogblitz

I didn't see much of the Luck and Mallet games. Just a little. Mallet looked good for what I saw. But the guy that impressed me the most today was Kellen Moore of Boise State. He looks like a real QB throwing back shoulder and timing routes etc. He's now my number 1.

He probably won't come out this year, but regardless he's not anywhere close to a first round pick.

In the first half Mallet had a decent game against a top defense, but in the 2nd half Bama's top D-Limeman was hobbling on a bad ankle (limped on every play), Mallet did not move out the pocket at all and threw 2 bad interceptions. It seemed Mallet caved in to pressure during the 4th quarter when the game was in question...

Mallet did fold under pressure but it was good to see a qb not afraid to push the ball downfield. He went from a top 3 to a top 15 prospect in that game. Not fast on his feet but good sensing of the pocket and makes subtle moves to avoid the rush. Strong arm and knows how to use his height advantage.

Mallet did fold under pressure but it was good to see a qb not afraid to push the ball downfield. He went from a top 3 to a top 15 prospect in that game. Not fast on his feet but good sensing of the pocket and makes subtle moves to avoid the rush. Strong arm and knows how to use his height advantage.

The whole game was pressure C.R. I spent the last 2 weeks in Arkansas. More than half of the men, women and children were wearing Razorback gear. They interviewed his parents on TV. And, they were playing an elite, extremely well coached, championship team.

I have been wrong a million times, but I am all but sure he is a top 5 pick. As the draft approaches, GMs and yes, owners will want that kid on their teams because of his freak talent.

The Boise State QB - the knock on him is his height. I think he's only 6 foot. Otherwise he looks good. There haven't been many QB's to overcome that hurdle, though - and we had probably the best one in Flutie. What is Brees? 6' 1" I think? He'd probably rate out the best.

I didn't get a chance to see Luck play and in the highlights on sportscenter there wasn't much mention of him, so I assume he had an unspectacular game. Mallett looked o.k., probably better than anything we've had in a decade. His passes did seem to have a little air under them, but they traveled 20, 30 yards pretty regularly.

There's a lot of mention of Ohio State's QB - his name eludes me right now, as a guy the Bills might look at. He's tall and mobile, kind of in the mold of Vince Young, only not bringing as many accolades with him.

I'd like to see more of Luck. He gets so much mention he's got to be talented.

I think there will be three to five NFL capable QB's coming out this year, so it will really be a matter of our staff evaluating them properly.

The Boise State QB - the knock on him is his height. I think he's only 6 foot. Otherwise he looks good. There haven't been many QB's to overcome that hurdle, though - and we had probably the best one in Flutie. What is Brees? 6' 1" I think? He'd probably rate out the best.

I didn't get a chance to see Luck play and in the highlights on sportscenter there wasn't much mention of him, so I assume he had an unspectacular game. Mallett looked o.k., probably better than anything we've had in a decade. His passes did seem to have a little air under them, but they traveled 20, 30 yards pretty regularly.

There's a lot of mention of Ohio State's QB - his name eludes me right now, as a guy the Bills might look at. He's tall and mobile, kind of in the mold of Vince Young, only not bringing as many accolades with him.

I'd like to see more of Luck. He gets so much mention he's got to be talented.

I think there will be three to five NFL capable QB's coming out this year, so it will really be a matter of our staff evaluating them properly.

Pryer from OSU is not a pro qb period. Im def a buckeyes fan,but his passing is pretty much, lock on your primary target,if hes not open ,then run. fine when u r the most talented athlete on the field. wont work at the NFL level.

Pryer from OSU is not a pro qb period. Im def a buckeyes fan,but his passing is pretty much, lock on your primary target,if hes not open ,then run. fine when u r the most talented athlete on the field. wont work at the NFL level.

He's 6 foot 6 230 pounds and runs a 4.3 40. Who's gonna be a better athlete than him?

The whole game was pressure C.R. I spent the last 2 weeks in Arkansas. More than half of the men, women and children were wearing Razorback gear. They interviewed his parents on TV. And, they were playing an elite, extremely well coached, championship team.

I have been wrong a million times, but I am all but sure he is a top 5 pick. As the draft approaches, GMs and yes, owners will want that kid on their teams because of his freak talent.

I agree, Bill, and not just because I'm a Razorback fan. This is what happens when you ask a college QB to carry the entire team. Sometimes it works out for you, and for Mallett and the Razorbacks, it has more often than not, but you're going to have these types of games every now and then. Last week, he led the game winning drive against Georgia and this week, he throws an INT that ends any chance they had at the end against the best team in college football. It just goes with the territory.

He'll be a top five pick and I think he'll prove the team that drafts him right.