To All Jason Campbell Lovers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to recall the mentality being that he was worth a shot for a 5th round pick. Given our QB situation, it is unbelievable that we brought in no one this offseason. The Raiders are more organized at this point, and if I were a fan of theirs, I would be happy the team explored all options. People weren't clamorong for the team to bring Campbell in so much as anyone, and Gradkowski's name even came up a few times early in the offseason. He was moldy bread to a starving man.

I'm glad you were right about this person not being any good though.

Congratulations and Bravo!

I seem to recall the mentality being that he was worth a shot for a 5th round pick. Given our QB situation, it is unbelievable that we brought in no one this offseason. The Raiders are more organized at this point, and if I were a fan of theirs, I would be happy the team explored all options. People weren't clamorong for the team to bring Campbell in so much as anyone, and Gradkowski's name even came up a few times early in the offseason. He was moldy bread to a starving man.

Wait, the Raiders are more organized because they benched the free-agent QB they brought in during the off-season to lead their franchise? Campbell was supposed to be a big upgrade for them as a starting QB, and while Gradkowski is serviceable, Campbell definitely should be better. Sorry, I'm not convinced that this is a cause for celebration in any organization. I would rather the Bills let Chan Gailey work with what he has now as opposed to bringing in subpar talent.

Campbell wasn't the guy for us, and bringing in a guy like Campbell would have undermined (whatever was left of) our current QB's confidence. If they're bad, they're bad, but at least give them a fair shake in your system. Trent busted. Now Fitz has his go. And if he's a bust? Then you ride out the year and get your guy in the offseason.

remember how outraged you were when buffalo didn't pick him up. well apparently you were wrong about how great he was. he just got benched in favor of bruce gradkowski

Thanks for the info, Davey. I, as all the other "Jason Campbell lovers" on this board, was just pleasuring myself to old Redskins videos. Now, I'll have to dig out my Tyler Thigpen videos. :wallbash:

To clarify, the Bills were right by NOT bringing Campbell in, but they were wrong because they did NOT bring Campbell in?

That almost sounds like a Sully argument.

The Bills were right for benching Edwards, but they were wrong because they failed to wait 2 more weeks.

And when you combine the two, the resulting analysis comes out as:

The Bills are desperate and in "panic mode" because they benched their starting QB, but the Raiders are "more organized" because they benched their starting QB.

Sometimes I really wonder if the team is dysfunctional or if the fan base is.

Wait, the Raiders are more organized because they benched the free-agent QB they brought in during the off-season to lead their franchise? Campbell was supposed to be a big upgrade for them as a starting QB, and while Gradkowski is serviceable, Campbell definitely should be better. Sorry, I'm not convinced that this is a cause for celebration in any organization. I would rather the Bills let Chan Gailey work with what he has now as opposed to bringing in subpar talent.

you know, youre being a real pain in the ass to my desire to B word irrationally

is this a trick question?

I told you so mentality aside, it does add credibility to the FO's decision to (possibly) pursue McNabb, who would have been a clear upgrade despite Buddy's recent gamesmanship, and eschew players who were essentially exactly what they already had to work with, only with a different nameplate on the back of their jersey.

Just because the fans are more dysfunctional, doesn't mean the team is not. However, a lot of the problem is the fans have personal depression and expect a football team to fix their lives.

this is what usually happens here:

a qb gets mentioned by nfl network or espn. then some little non football studying chump starts a post asking for that particular name to come to buffalo.

whats worse is that even if the qb gets painted in a negative light, there will still be the one chump saying we need that name.

im actually surprised there hasnt been a thread asking for vince young (recently benched), moore from carolina (just benched). but the week is still early. some chump will eventually post it.

a qb gets mentioned by nfl network or espn. then some little non football studying chump starts a post asking for that particular name to come to buffalo.

whats worse is that even if the qb gets painted in a negative light, there will still be the one chump saying we need that name.

im actually surprised there hasnt been a thread asking for vince young (recently benched), moore from carolina (just benched). but the week is still early. some chump will eventually post it.

You missed it:

Linky

Nah, Kolb is the "IT" Qb this week that should be traded for

Edited by apuszczalowski

Here is the version of the above post if the Bills had traded for and then benched Campbell:

WTF!! This front office can't find it's azz with both hands! We wasted a valuable 5th pick and then bench Campbell after 2 games?? Are you kidding me??? Nix should have known Campbell sucked BEFORE he pulled the trigger. I swear chimps with darts would find better players! I'm so done with this team!

Thank you. :D

PTR

Here is the version of the above post if the Bills had traded for and then benched Campbell:

WTF!! This front office can't find it's azz with both hands! We wasted a valuable 5th pick and then bench Campbell after 2 games?? Are you kidding me??? Nix should have known Campbell sucked BEFORE he pulled the trigger. I swear chimps with darts would find better players! I'm so done with this team!

Thank you. :D

PTR

...Another solid PTR post...