Trade Bait and Observations

abqmarko

I have already written this year off-I would consider it a success if we beat the Patriots and thats about it. If we are going to blow it up to rebuild lets do it. I still haevtn given up on Nix or Gailey they were handed what the team has been.

By the way did anyone notice the PRESSURE Eli Manning was under last night, at least he attempted to throw the ball deep on a few occasions, something Trent cant or will not do. The one time he did throw deep this year we got a pass interference penalty-a big positive for the team. If he's not going to go for the win what do you really have to lose by gambling with Fitz or Brohm? I think under a great o-lne Trant can play decently-just not happenin with this O-Lne

Positives-

Next Years Draft-we pick early...very early and we have all our draft picks, none have benn given to other teams via trades

#1) Trade Marshawn

Marshawn is a good solid back, he would certainly help out a team like Green Bay and a 3rd rounder from Green Bay will be almost as good as a late second.

#2) Trade other players (if you can get anything for them) that will be free agents next year-could we get a 4th or a 5th for Donte Whitner-he will be gone anyway next year? Any other players that you think are under utlizied and would bring value? If so id say unload

#3) OT Ed Wang-OLB Danny Batten and WR Marcus Easley will be in camp. Not that any are proven players but all of them got injured in camp and will have a year getting used to the system a bit, hopefully one or two can contribute

On a final note

PLEASE draft or trade for some offensive lineman next year

It's all about realizing that this team is going nowhere.

I'm not an advocate of purposely bottoming out. BUT I am a fan of giving people shot that aren't responsible for the mess we're in. Trade Lynch, Whitner? Sure. Evans? Hell yeah! What have we got to lose? Do it now, as long he's got some trade value. Stockpile draft picks. We need them.

You can't effectively clean house without sweeping the floor.

Besides the draft class of the most recent draft and Wood, Byrd, Moorman, possibly Levitre/McGee/McKelvin, I think anyone is expendable. I'd like to add Kyle Williams but he doesn't fit the mold for the new D scheme. The Bills have clearly hit rock bottom (but I am afraid to admit they can still sink some more) and have to/are rebuilding. I think Nix and gailey both know this and are just trying to put out the most competitive team they can with the players and talent they have. With a possible lockout looming, unfortunately it's not good business for the Bills to go out and spend tons of money on proven talent via free agency (which they didn't do this past offseason-as we all know). I think they are trying to evaluate and develop whatever talent they have on the roster. Going into this season I thought Edwards was realistically the only possible franchise QB the Bills had. Gailey and Nix needed to know if Trent could turn it around this year and do better. now that we know he can't be a franchise QB, it's time to move on. As much as we'd all like a proven veteran coming in here to salvage anything, it's highly unlikely. The bills should now start Fitz to try to spark the Offense and make the Bills competitive.

Trades will help Stockpile draft picks for next year which will hopefully be used to fill needs. This process is crucial to rebuilding. I don't know why that was not accomplished this past draft, of course unless this is all part of the plan. The Bills don't have many pieces to build a solid team around and this with this past draft it is too early to tell. So in my opinion, almost everyone is expendable.

Edited by MotownBillsFan

I'm not an advocate of purposely bottoming out. BUT I am a fan of giving people shot that aren't responsible for the mess we're in. Trade Lynch, Whitner? Sure. Evans? Hell yeah! What have we got to lose? Do it now, as long he's got some trade value. Stockpile draft picks. We need them.

Whitner is only 25, durable and good. I'd put him on the short keeper list. He hasn't become the superstar his pick projects him to be but he is solid.

Besides the draft class of the most recent draft and Wood, Byrd, Moorman, possibly Levitre/McGee/McKelvin, I think anyone is expendable. I'd like to add Kyle Williams but he doesn't fit the mold for the new D scheme. The Bills have clearly hit rock bottom (but I am afraid to admit they can still sink some more) and have to/are rebuilding. I think Nix and gailey both know this and are just trying to put out the most competitive team they can with the players and talent they have. With a possible lockout looming, unfortunately it's not good business for the Bills to go out and spend tons of money on proven talent via free agency (which they didn't do this past offseason-as we all know). I think they are trying to evaluate and develop whatever talent they have on the roster. Going into this season I thought Edwards was realistically the only possible franchise QB the Bills had. Gailey and Nix needed to know if Trent could turn it around this year and do better. now that we know he can't be a franchise QB, it's time to move on. As much as we'd all like a proven veteran coming in here to salvage anything, it's highly unlikely. The bills should now start Fitz to try to spark the Offense and the Bills competitive.

Trades will help Stockpile draft picks for next year which will hopefully be used to fill needs. This process is crucial to rebuilding. I don't know why that was not accomplished this past draft, of course unless this is all part of the plan. The Bills don't have many pieces to build a solid team around and this with this past draft it is too early to tell. So in my opinion, almost everyone is expendable.

+1

I think Chan and Buddy really weren't aware of how void of talent this team really was. Now they know. I just hope they get to work now.

Whitner is only 25, durable and good. I'd put him on the short keeper list. He hasn't become the superstar his pick projects him to be but he is solid.

By far Whitner's best move is trash talking to opposing players after he or one of his teammates couldn't stop them. He sure does that on a very consistent base.

I would have to agree. Why lose with Trent, Kelsay, Cornell Green and other vets and over-the-hill folk? Let's lose with Brohm,Wang, Maybin, Meredith, the young linebackers et al. They need the playing time and we're going nowhere. Let's admit it's a tear-down rebuild and collect some draft picks. I'm even thinking Evans can go if we get some value for him. We're doing ground up. Face it and let's do it right.

I just want to get this straight.

People want to trade some of our best assets for 3rd and 4th round picks. How does that make this team better? Trading Evans, Whitner and others will only set this team back even further.

Teams get better by adding the right players during FA and drafting well. (1st round picks who are starters.)Not by getting rid some of its key assets.

You have your core whcih we are starting to build (Wood, Evans, Whitner, Byrd, McKelvin) and you build around them.

Id rather have a buyers mentality. Trade your 2nd rd pick this year or next year for a proven starter in the league instead of drafting a project who may not make it. Trade away picks for players.

Id even consider drafting a QB with our first round pick. Trade our second this year and next to move back into the first round and draft a quality OT.

I would have to agree. Why lose with Trent, Kelsay, Cornell Green and other vets and over-the-hill folk? Let's lose with Brohm,Wang, Maybin, Meredith, the young linebackers et al. They need the playing time and we're going nowhere. Let's admit it's a tear-down rebuild and collect some draft picks. I'm even thinking Evans can go if we get some value for him. We're doing ground up. Face it and let's do it right.

Exactly. And the tear-down rebuild is without an alternative if you've got decrepit, rotting foundation. Bring on the wrecking crew!

Lee Evans is 30 next year. By the time the rebuilding process yields any fruit he will no longer be an NFL starter.

I'm not sure I follow that logic...GB's 3rd will be a Late 3rd...Do they have someone else's 3rd?

You right , I meant a second-but Id take a GB 3rd with a possible increase if Lynch performs

Besides the draft class of the most recent draft and Wood, Byrd, Moorman, possibly Levitre/McGee/McKelvin, I think anyone is expendable. I'd like to add Kyle Williams but he doesn't fit the mold for the new D scheme. The Bills have clearly hit rock bottom (but I am afraid to admit they can still sink some more) and have to/are rebuilding. I think Nix and gailey both know this and are just trying to put out the most competitive team they can with the players and talent they have. With a possible lockout looming, unfortunately it's not good business for the Bills to go out and spend tons of money on proven talent via free agency (which they didn't do this past offseason-as we all know). I think they are trying to evaluate and develop whatever talent they have on the roster. Going into this season I thought Edwards was realistically the only possible franchise QB the Bills had. Gailey and Nix needed to know if Trent could turn it around this year and do better. now that we know he can't be a franchise QB, it's time to move on. As much as we'd all like a proven veteran coming in here to salvage anything, it's highly unlikely. The bills should now start Fitz to try to spark the Offense and make the Bills competitive.

Good points-clean it up now and lets see what kind of young players we have. Next years draft is crucial the way things are going you cant swing and miss on a top 5 pick...again