Interesting Rumor on BB.com Message Board

coastalpika

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, Packers fans have been discussing this possibility as well. A guy I work with, a huge Packers fan, mentioned it to me earlier today...my reaction was "you guys got any legit, tackles you can spare?" The prospect of AJ Hawk does little for me.

Well, maybe the prospect of Lynch is not exactly thrilling them either...I don't see how The Bills could do much better than AJ Hawk for Lynch...I don't really care why Hawk has fallen out of favor in GB, I still think he's better than anything (including Poz) we can put on the Inside of the 3-4 right now...And who knows...If he goes back to being the AJ Hawk that entered the NFL it's like grand larceny for Lynch...From what I can tell most Packers Fans believe the guy is still pretty good vs the Run...I'm guessing he'd be our best tackling LB the minute he walks on to the field...

I'm a Michigan Fan and I have NO PROBLEM with the possibility of Hawk for Lynch...I'd do it in a half a heartbeat... B-)

A.J. Hawk sucks and is a bust.

All due respect. But that is a terribly misinformed statement...He may not be playing up to the #5 Overall potential...But he's FAR from a bust and he definitely does not suck... B-)

Well, maybe the prospect of Lynch is not exactly thrilling them either...I don't see how The Bills could do much better than AJ Hawk for Lynch...I don't really care why Hawk has fallen out of favor in GB, I still think he's better than anything (including Poz) we can put on the Inside of the 3-4 right now...And who knows...If he goes back to being the AJ Hawk that entered the NFL it's like grand larceny for Lynch...From what I can tell most Packers Fans believe the guy is still pretty good vs the Run...I'm guessing he'd be our best tackling LB the minute he walks on to the field...

I'm a Michigan Fan and I have NO PROBLEM with the possibility of Hawk for Lynch...I'd do it in a half a heartbeat... B-)

All due respect. But that is a terribly misinformed statement...He may not be playing up to the #5 Overall potential...But he's FAR from a bust and he definitely does not suck... B-)

LB's rarely go high, and to take one #5 and he doesn't even start? i think that not only qualifies, but is the definition of a bust. or at best, he does not fit in a 3-4, which obviously doesn't help us.

doesn't mean he can't play for us necessarily, but Poz is back in 2-3 weeks and seems just as good... and A.Davis is the only LB with 3-4 experience so i'd think he'd stay. so Hawk would liekly be a backup here too. i do think Lynch has value as a 2 time 1000 yard rusher that is young, that is the important part.. what is he, 24? maybe sunday can be considered a showcase for each.

Amen. Keep Lynch though, trade Pos for Hawk. :thumbsup:

Rumors are popping up everywhere, which means this is most likely bogus. ESPN sites are reporting it's draft picks for Lynch, a 5th round.

It is on Bears sites around noon. (Big tip is to always check division rivals sites for info)

I can't believe that Buffalo would part ways with Lynch with out getting more than a 2nd round pick. We have seen he is an effective NFL back. I would rather keep Lynch and am not ready to give up on our lil gangsta

The problem if you don't trade him now is that you lose him for nothing at the end of the year. The Bills are not going to sign Lynch to another contract.

Irregardless of how true the rumour is (or the fact that there's no such word as 'irregardless'), it's not going to happen before Sunday. I can't imagine any way the Bills would send one of their key offensive players, who's 100% familiar with their entire playbook, to a team they're about to play in 4 days. :wacko:

Irregardless of how true the rumour is (or the fact that there's no such word as 'irregardless'), it's not going to happen before Sunday. I can't imagine any way the Bills would send one of their key offensive players, who's 100% familiar with their entire playbook, to a team they're about to play in 4 days. :wacko:

Yea but we get a defensive player from that very same team and I daresay there is much more to gain by us learning their defense than they about our O.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Yea but we get a defensive player from that very same team and I daresay there is much more to gain by us learning their defense than they about our O.

I can tell them all they need about the defense the Packers will send against them .....

They will put eight in the box ... they will pressure the QB using only 3 rushers, the other 5 will clog up the running lanes ... they'll double Evans when they feel it's necessary, and take their chances single covering our other "play makers" ... see simple ... even I can game plan to beat the Bills. :wallbash:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=288237

OK i have a brother inlaw who is partners in a construction company with a NFL LB and i was told that this LB is coming to Buffalo in a trade for one of our RB's

Bash me if you want but this trade is in the works

A quick search of his message history has him saying he lives in Ohio and went to Ohio State. He also had a comment a few days ago saying the Bills should trade for AJ Hawk since he is not starting. Another quick search says that AJ Hawk owns a construction company in Columbus http://www.bbb.org/centralohio/business-reviews/contractor-commercial/mid-ohio-contracting-services-ltd-in-grandview-heights-oh-70059357

Take it for what it's worth. Usually these rumors seem like pipe dreams but this guy's story actually adds up.

Wow, great investigative journalism! You should work for a news station. Seriously, I think you did more work on this than I have seen from most reporters on their stories in like 10 years.

:thumbsup:

I can tell them all they need about the defense the Packers will send against them .....

They will put eight in the box ... they will pressure the QB using only 3 rushers, the other 5 will clog up the running lanes ... they'll double Evans when they feel it's necessary, and take their chances single covering our other "play makers" ... see simple ... even I can game plan to beat the Bills. :wallbash:

See my thread about The Buffalo Catch-22. The answer is to seriously throw deep or long range passes (15 to 50 yard passes in the air) -at least 10 a game. And when I say 10 a game, I mean 10 that are actually thrown, not just called and the QB ends up on his back or checks down. We have to spread the defense in order to win...simple as that.

Edited by tonyd19

See my thread about The Buffalo Catch-22. The answer is to seriously throw deep or long range passes (15 to 50 yard passes in the air) -at least 10 a game. And when I say 10 a game, I mean 10 that are actually thrown, not just called and the QB ends up on his back or checks down. We have to spread the defense in order to win...simple as that.

Nice to see someone acknowledge that spread offenses can be effective in the NFL. :thumbsup:

LB's rarely go high, and to take one #5 and he doesn't even start? i think that not only qualifies, but is the definition of a bust. or at best, he does not fit in a 3-4, which obviously doesn't help us.

doesn't mean he can't play for us necessarily, but Poz is back in 2-3 weeks and seems just as good... and A.Davis is the only LB with 3-4 experience so i'd think he'd stay. so Hawk would liekly be a backup here too. i do think Lynch has value as a 2 time 1000 yard rusher that is young, that is the important part.. what is he, 24? maybe sunday can be considered a showcase for each.

It's not Hawk's fault he got picked #5 overall...In 4 years he's got over 400 total tackles, 8.5 Sacks and 5 INT's and he played EVERY Game since day #1 in the NFL...Not exactly a bust...He's did not start against Philly because GB played their Nickel Package basically the whole Game...Hawk is not in when they go to 5 or 6 DB's...Which I'll give you is not what you want from somebody picked #5 overall...But I think it's got more to do with the guy they replace him with and less about Hawk's ability...

Hawk can play ILB in a 3-4...There is zero reason to believe Hawk would not be The Bills best ILB on Base Downs from the minute he stepped on to the field...Green Bay simply has better personnel than the Bills do (is that so hard to imagine ;) ), and the guy that is battling Hawk for PT is most definitely a player...Brandon Chillar is an ex 4th Round Pick who has REALLY come on in GB...They just signed the guy to a 4 year, $22.65 million deal with $7 million guaranteed. So it's no surprise the Pack are looking towards the future with Hawks Contract and name being what it is...

I look at a guy like AJ Hawk (who may or may not be available) and I see an opportunity...He comes from a winning Organization in College and the NFL...The Bills desperately need players like Hawk...They need competition everywhere and they need players who have talent that is better than average...So what if Poz comes back in a couple weeks...You think he's gonna stay healthy? Let Poz, davis and Hawk fight it out for PT...No harm in that...Again I think getting a player the caliber of AJ Hawk when all you have to give up is your 3rd string RB is an amazing potential value...And if he does not work out you're really not out much at the end of the year...A move like this would signify to me The Bills are still serious about at least trying to win Football Games...We'll see... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

AJ HAWK = LYNCH

First rounders, had impressive starts and were statistical leaders on the team at one point and have now fizzled and sit second or third on the depth chart. Could potentially be an NFL starter on another roster.

They both are in positions now that are a dime a dozen. Decent back up LB's and RB's are abundant.

If I am on either side of the fence I'd say why not?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

The trade itself makes sense for both sides.

It's the classic garbage for garbage trade, similar to the Rams trading Alex Barron to Dallas for Bobby Carpenter.

While I dont beliebe the brother in law as a source, the concept of this trade makes sense.

That said, I agree with other posters who have stated our strength is at ILB and we need OLB's. But, Hawk and Poz in the middle would be a nice combination going forward, allowing Andra Davis next season to move to a more fitting rotational role.

I'm not 100% up on the Packers, but it looks like he is pretty much only playing Special Teams now. I'd say that if your #5 overall draft pick ends up being solely a special teamer, he's a bust.

Believe it or not, players picked that highly are supposed to end up being elite players. When yours can't sniff the field, you've got a problem.