Mark My Words: Brunell Will Replace Sanchez

truth on hold

Consider this is supposed to be the year Jets win it all, according to them. As the Jets defense plays well and its identified that their offense, in particular Sanchez, is holding them back, I could definitely see NY fans and media calling for sanchez to get the hook.

Brunell is known as a competent game manager which is what the defensive minded Jets want. I have a hunch they got him as a safety valve for Sanchez because Clements doesn't give them the same option.

NY fans and media can turn sour on a player faster than any other place in the country. I'm calling this one now, Jets nation won't sit back and let Sanchez keep them from what they perceive as their year to win the Super Bowl.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider this is supposed to be the year Jets win it all, according to them. As the Jets defense plays well and its identified that their offense, in particular Sanchez, is holding them back, I could definitely see NY fans and media calling for sanchez to get the hook.

Brunell is known as a competent game manager which is what the defensive minded Jets want. I have a hunch they got him as a safety valve for Sanchez because Clements doesn't give them the same option.

NY fans and media can turn sour on a player faster than any other place in the country. I'm calling this one now, Jets nation won't sit back and let Sanchez keep them from what they perceive as their year to win the Super Bowl.

But, but, but... what about with Santonio Holmes comes back, isn't he like gonna be the savior of their passing offense. :devil:

The Bills have accepted those kind of numbers for a decade or so.

In his rookie season playing 1 less game than Sanchez, Edwards had:

- 22.4 point higher QB rating (85.4 to 63)

- 1 less TD (11 to 12)

- 10 fewer INTs (10 to 20)

- 11.7 higher completion percentage (65.5 to 53.8)

People don't realize just how bad Sanchez is.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I will bet serious money that a healthy Sanchez is not pulled for Mark Brunell. This is a ridiculous statement. Mark Brunell shouldn't even be in the NFL anymore.

If Jets lose to Pats tomorrow and their offense struggles, the first official murmurs of "let's start Brunell before it's too late" will be heard in Jets nation.

If the same happens again next week when they play Miami, Brunell versus Sanchez will be openly debated in NY media and ESPN.

If the same happens again the next week against Buffalo, Sanchez will be toast.

No way Rexy defends him any more.

Jets mentality is we can win now with this defense, this is our shot, we don't need a QB to win for us, we just need one not to lose.

- 1 less TD (11 to 12)

No they really don't. Jets fans fail to realize how bad he is, because of where he was drafted, especially after trading up to draft him. Suffice to say if Favre didn't cry his way off the jets, they probably would've gone to/won the bowl last year. Other teams fans who don't see how bad Sanchez is either A. Don't watch Jets games or B. Are so indoctrined by the media giving Rex "Blowhard" Ryan multiple opportunities to tell you how great Sanchez/Jets are. If one didn't watch football they would swear the jets were the modern day steel curtain, and Sanchez was Terry Bradshaw. Save a couple of game Sanchez was terrible last year, he was terrible in preseason, and he started the year off terrible. It honestly reminds me of The Kyle Boller led Ravens. Except Boller may have been better than Sanchez.

- 1 less TD (11 to 12)

joe you are so wrong on so many levels. sanchez was not horrible when it mattered. in the playoffs. trust me, he is not going anywhere anytime soon. even if they go 0-4, they will not pull him out. sanchez was a rookie last year. enough said. he didnt blow up the score game 1 because look who they played. ravens. yes, the same ravens who embarassed the patriots last year in the post season. jets were good last year. beat cincy and san diego to get to the afc championship game. all this GAME MANAGED by a freaking rookie.

do me a favor please dont compare someone with potential with a proven loser. thanks.

ps. keep in mind i dislike the jets.

but 10 for 21, 74 yards and a passer rating of 56.4 should?

if this was vs any other team...then you're point would have a little bit of credibility.

but it was vs the ravens and ray lewis!

anyway you're statement is still ridiculous.

try and spin your Sanchez love/Edwards hate all you want. #'s don't lie and they're pathetic.

and oh, by the way, I was listening to NY sports radio this morning and right on cue, a caller from Brooklyn wanted Sanchez yanked for Brunell. And the host did concede that this Jets team is designed to win this season, and it's not thinking of where it's going to be 2 to 3 years out etc. The dialogue has officially started ...

I'd be willing to bet money that Jets made the move to get Brunell precisely for this scenario. Because they knew there'd be no argument to be made to give the reigns to Clements. But a veteran like Brunell gives them the option.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I thought all that matters is the Offensive Line? Everyone seems to agree that the Jests have one of, if not THE best line in football (and a great defense too).

If they still stumble through the season, can we finaaly agree that the QB is the most important player, and that drafting a left tackle doesn't supercede getting a franchise QB?

The Bills have accepted those kind of numbers for a decade or so.

FALSE

Edwards' worst season still had him at a >70 rating.

Sanchez was an amzazingly bad 63.0 last season. He really truly sucks.

The Jets would be better off with Brunell OR Kellen Clemens for that matter.

Sanchez will out of the league in four years - bank on it. He's worse than his predecessor at USC, Leinart.

I thought all that matters is the Offensive Line? Everyone seems to agree that the Jests have one of, if not THE best line in football (and a great defense too).

If they still stumble through the season, can we finaaly agree that the QB is the most important player, and that drafting a left tackle doesn't supercede getting a franchise QB?

You need both. But Sanchez' failure even with a good line shows you how incredibly bad he is.

I could not agree more. A one year wonder from USC, Sanchez will not be the guy taking the Jets to the Super Bowl....

Brunell was a game manager---back during the Bush Sr. administration. I think he's on the roster so he can buy beer for Sanchez at the Sevie.

Sure hes old, so old he was Jags QB when they knocked Jim Kelly and the Bills out of the playoffs in 1996. BUT there's a reason Jets felt the need to get him and put him 2nd on the depth chart.

Sure hes old, so old he was Jags QB when they knocked Jim Kelly and the Bills out of the playoffs in 1996. BUT there's a reason Jets felt the need to get him and put him 2nd on the depth chart.

CLEARLY, you didnt watch him play last year. Theres also a reason he was one of the only players allowed to leave the saints.